Is it me or isn't a big portion of the sub par unit sales because of current BB7 companies not migrating to BB10 due to having to upgrade to way more expensive servers? Why BB would not make them backward compatible or at least make it a free upgrade or something that would make it a no-brainer for companies to upgrade their servers. My IT guy told me there is a more cumbersome security procedure and programming on BB10 in addition to the cost of upgrading the servers which plays into the reasoning of not upgrading BB(we have a few hundred BB7 users). They figure is less costly to switch everyone over to Iphones at some point which will suck!! I don't know if this is all true, and I don't have a lot of faith in my IT guys...they are a challenging bunch most of the time, but even if this is not all true there is an obvious lack of education or marketing etc.. about this new OS to IT "professionals", and maybe some of the blame should be on the corporate BB, and wireless company sales guys as well....I currently run android personally, but I've tried the Z10 in stores and I actually was impressed with the OS, it was very smooth and fast....I might buy a used one off contract and try it out until the next nexus device comes out(anyone have a used one from verizon in good condition that I could buy for $100 or less?), or the next gen BB units are out. I have a BB curve for work and that keeps me interested in BB...and Crackberry!! I hope BB does well, it's good for everybody and I can't wait for BBM to go cross platform soon!!
    08-05-13 08:40 PM
    It could be yea, BBRY would be in a great position to emulate legacy software on the BB10 platform, but they don't. People want to seamlessly upgrade, as money allows, not spend a billion dollars on phones, servers, and software. It's nice to eat the cow one bite at a time.

Although, I think the lack of BB10 sales is more blamed on negative brand recognition, the lack of applications in the app store, negative brand recognition, phone salesmen not wanting to teach Mommy iPhone and Daddy android how to use the phone, and lastly, the negative brand recognition.
    08-05-13 08:48 PM
    As an IT guy who has implemented BES10 and BB10 in our environment, the BES server does require separate hardware from the old BES. But besides that the BB10 phones are no more difficult to setup or manage than the BB7 phones. They probably just don't want to use BlackBerry anymore so it is an easy excuse to say it is hard to setup or manage.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    08-05-13 09:11 PM