When I saw this article, ( Dell's 'Project Ophelia' might be my favorite gadget at CES | ZDNet ) I immediately thought how amazing it would be to use this device with a physical keyboard BB with something like BlackBerry Bridge like on the Playbook to use as remote and feed it online access.
    Would be crazy to use for mobile computing if you know you will have access to a tv or monitor when traveling and the phone screen isnt enough.
    Of course, not with Android like this version mentioned on the article.
    I have no idea if it would be possible to use the BB 10 or Windows (still using the BB as remote and kb).
    01-08-13 06:28 PM
    Pretty neat I suppose. I still would rather have seen my idea of kick*ss mobile computing by having a 10" Playbook with a standup case, bridged with the BB as a keyboard. Give that puppy an extra USB port or two, a little better smoother file management control for mass storage devices, and voila! I'd never fire up my tower again 'cept to burn CDs and DVDs.
    01-09-13 12:05 AM
    The only problem I have with this is the fact that EVERYTHING is held in cloud storage. Nothing on the actual device. Call me paranoid, but I like to know that what I choose to save, can be saved on my, and mine alone, device so I know exactly where it is and exactly who can have access.
    01-09-13 06:04 AM
    First they glamorize touchscreen so there is no hardware way of inputing data. Now they are glamorizing having absolutly everything on the cloud. They just want a portal to show us what they want us to see with no input and to be able to flip a switch to delete someones account if they so please
    01-09-13 08:39 AM
    I responded to this article as the Playbook already does this. You can hook your Playbook to any flatscreen via the hdmi and away you go. And the playbook supplies the touchscreen so you don't need a touchscreen TV. Your phone can be a remote control via bridge. So what is so new with this Dell Wyse? RIM has been there for awhile. It just hasn't been promoted as it should.
    01-09-13 09:33 AM
    I responded to this article as the Playbook already does this. You can hook your Playbook to any flatscreen via the hdmi and away you go. And the playbook supplies the touchscreen so you don't need a touchscreen TV. Your phone can be a remote control via bridge. So what is so new with this Dell Wyse? RIM has been there for awhile. It just hasn't been promoted as it should.
    That's a great feature that I use all the time with my PlayBook using hdmi, but this is different. This is a super cheap device (said around $100) that your employees can use to access the horsepower, applications and files on their desktop machines remotely. Using the great BlackBerry physical keyboard and remote function would be great to use with this.
    If it gets lost, you just don't allow that unit to have access anymore & if lost, it's super cheap to replace.
    Using the playbook is a little more costly (remember that these super low prices that we have had on the PlayBook were simply due to unfortunate circumstances for RIM).
    01-09-13 01:06 PM
    The TVs have to contain this feature. Very few of which do. Like having horseshoes without a horse.
    01-09-13 01:22 PM
    That's a great feature that I use all the time with my PlayBook using hdmi, but this is different. This is a super cheap device (said around $100) that your employees can use to access the horsepower, applications and files on their desktop machines remotely. Using the great BlackBerry physical keyboard and remote function would be great to use with this.
    If it gets lost, you just don't allow that unit to have access anymore & if lost, it's super cheap to replace.
    Using the playbook is a little more costly (remember that these super low prices that we have had on the PlayBook were simply due to unfortunate circumstances for RIM).
    Yes, the low cost is due to circumstances, and I don't know if there is a new wifi model in the works or not, but if you are a business person, without the ability to have a touchscreen to edit, (and I'm sure most hotels don't have touchscreen tvs) it would lose its purpose. For a business user, the Playbook would be the way to go.
    01-09-13 03:16 PM
    Yeah, and? I was also doing the same exact thing back when RIM was still fumbling with os5 device releases with my phone itself back. The point is that this device would seem to offer something that is completely cost effective while still providing a few new incentives and practicalities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    01-09-13 06:27 PM