Is there a shortcut to lock the keypad? Sorry if this is answered somewhere else on this site. I know for the Pearl you can hold down the asterisk, but what about for the Curve? Thanks!
    01-22-08 10:55 PM
    Hold down the 'Mute' key on top for about 3 seconds. This will put it in standby mode and lock the keypad. To unlock, hit the 'Mute' key again. You will be able to receive calls, messages, etc. when in standby.
    01-22-08 10:56 PM
    I set my convenience key on the side of my BB for Keyboard lock. If you wish to set:

Options > screen/keyboard > convenience key opens: and select keyboard lock
    01-22-08 11:20 PM
    press and hold the * key for 3 seconds.
    01-23-08 05:05 AM
    press and hold the * key for 3 seconds.
    I believe that only works for the Pearl.
    01-23-08 10:25 AM
    Hold down the 'Mute' key on top for about 3 seconds. This will put it in standby mode and lock the keypad. To unlock, hit the 'Mute' key again. You will be able to receive calls, messages, etc. when in standby.
    Be careful with that key though. If you have the Music Player up and running, that key also serves as the start/stop for music.

It can lead to awkward situations when you're simply trying to put your phone on standby and "Crank That" starts playing. Interesting.

In order to avoid this, make sure you completely close the Music Player if you will be using this key regularly.
    01-23-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD