12-19-11 04:31 PM
    Gesture control is a hot thing these days. Glad to see it working its way into phones. Lots of bugs to be worked out, but boy the possibilities are cool!

Until then, I am a die hard physical keyboard guy!
    12-19-11 05:25 PM
    Eh, call me when we control things via telepathy.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-19-11 06:42 PM
    Physical QWERTY all the way. My fat thumbs are just to prone to touch other keys on a software keyboard.
    12-19-11 06:53 PM
    Touch and touchless screens are the way to go. Physical keyboard are the past and I for one cant wait to transition.
    12-19-11 07:49 PM
    Touch and touchless screens are the way to go. Physical keyboard are the past and I for one cant wait to transition.
    No.

Physical QWERTY all the way. My fat thumbs are just to prone to touch other keys on a software keyboard.
    Yes.

YES!!!
    12-19-11 07:54 PM
    I used to be a physical keyboard fan, but now I've come to prefer the touchscreen. That's definitely the direction that the market seems to be going now.

But on the other hand, the 9900 has an amazing keyboard. I just had to throw that in there.
    12-19-11 08:03 PM
    Or at least a usb wet-interface
    12-19-11 08:04 PM
    It seems like the more "advanced" a UI gets, the more fine-control you give up.

Capacitive touchscreens, for example, replaced pen-computing with less fine, gross movements, forcing the UI to have much lower information density and making handy things like handwriting impossible, and simple things like text selection slow and clunky.

The "touchless" UI looks to take this a step further, giving up fine control for gross ape-like gestures.

Imagine if voice recognition followed a similar trend; we'd all be controlling our computers with grunts and pants!

Why give up perfectly good things like a physical keyboard when it offers no advantages just to make an "all touch" UI? It's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen! I suppose the touch-zealots will be saying that the mouse is obsolete next!
    12-19-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD