Okay, well i am having some major issues with my blackberry curve 8520, ive never had problems with my curve that ive been able to solve! The problem this time is a little bit more difficult, i will be just texting and then L's keeping being typed and if i come to the home screen it will be clicking in, either going to speed dial or just putting it in as on the number dialling screen. I first of all thought it might be just a sticky key but its not stuck down or anything and it still makes the click that the other keys do. Also, im not sure if this is related but sometimes when i go back to my phone the screen wont light up when i click any buttons but only lights up when i hold in the "end call" key for a few seconds.

I had updated to the latest os that i found on this site on the sticky thread on the curve forum, but it had been fine up until now, i was wondering if changing back down a os and see if that works? so if anyone has a link for a lower os version like 5.0.06? or just the one below the latest one which was like 5.0.0.1? i think. Any help would be great. thanks.
    02-10-11 10:17 AM
    You could certainly try reinstalling the OS, but that sounds to me like the main board is going south. Has it gotten wet, been in a humid place, or anything such as that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 11:19 AM
    I just and reinstalled 5.0.06? and the problem persists, and i dont recall any water going on it, if any has it would be a tiny droplet.
    02-10-11 11:37 AM
    Okay, my dad called up orange and they told me to do the security wipe in the options menu, and when i did that it now works
    02-10-11 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD