Sorry if this is a repeat question but I haven't been able to find any answers on google or CB database.

I have an 8700c and was wondering if anyone had any information on how to completely clean out my keyboard. Some of the keys are beginning to stick (the phone is 2+ years old now) and I was wondering if there was a way I could take apart the phone and remove the problem keys, clean them, and replace them back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I found an article on google on how to clean the keyboard on a PEARL but....the 8700c is full QWERTY.

Thanks in advance guys.

Mat.
    01-27-09 04:58 PM
    My husband puts the computer keyboard in the dishwasher, and it works great, but probably not recommended with bb! Good luck!
    01-27-09 08:33 PM
    i absolutly LOVE this answer...

if the phone ever pisses you off enough..... threaten it with the dishwasher... that will scare it straight!
    01-27-09 08:49 PM
    Hahah. I'm not sure of the exact disassembly of this model, but I'm sure there is a video on youtube for it. Then you would take the whole keypad out. It does not come out key by key. Its a whole assembly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:53 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to look it up on youtube.

My spacebar has been sticking lately and I just wanted to get underneath the keyboard to clean it out to get it to stop sticking.

I would throw the phone in the dishwasher except NO.
    01-27-09 09:27 PM
    If no disassembly instructions, have you tried spraying the keyboard with compressed air?

01-27-09 09:28 PM
    Nope, I don't think I have any compressed air. The keys are sticking though. Primarily the space bar.

Its like a mini version of someone spilling coke on a keyboard and some keys sticking when you press them. It's annoying haha.

I should actually try getting some alcohol and thin paper to go in between the keys or a Q-tip or something. hmm....I hate sticky situations.
    01-27-09 09:34 PM
    Yeah, just would recommend you take the battery out of you try that method. Always safer that way!

01-27-09 09:36 PM
    My husband puts the computer keyboard in the dishwasher, and it works great, but probably not recommended with bb! Good luck!
    yep that would stop it from sticking for sure.
    01-27-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD