I guess similar to laptop fn key location preference it depends entirely on personal opinion of what is better or what they are familiar with

I am new to BBs but I find myself definately wishing that the caps key take the place of the alt key on the left side. Seems closer to keyboard layout. I still make noob typing mistakes because of the location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 01:20 AM
    Trust me, in very short order it will seem like second nature. Took me all of an hour
    to get used to the placement.
    04-25-10 01:36 AM
    Nah, I agree with berryman! I've had my phone for 3 months now and I still keep pressing alt instead caps.

...I'll never get used to this...!
    04-25-10 07:56 AM
    Maybe it's me but I realize my BB is not my computer. That makes it easier.

The two behave differently. I am a heavy user of my phone (email in excess of
    300 per day, BBM, Yahoo IM, document viewing and editing, etc...)
    and I still know that the two devices are not interchangeable.
    04-25-10 08:06 AM
    I've never considered that the alt key should be the caps(shift) key like a computer keyboard. Its a effortless transition from berry keyboard to computer keyboard.
    04-25-10 08:33 AM
    Probably cuz u guys are seasoned BB pros. Comming fresh to BBs with a hugh experience with PC keyboards, the transistion isn't normal. I don't make the mistakes often but they are normally in the form of a hangup or slowdown when I realize my finger position is not in the right area. I'm sure ill get used to it but would have been great I think if they swapped the keys. I understand older gen BBs have the layout swapped but that new gen BBs is the current layout?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 10:30 AM
    Maybe it's me but I realize my BB is not my computer. That makes it easier.

The two behave differently. I am a heavy user of my phone (email in excess of
    300 per day, BBM, Yahoo IM, document viewing and editing, etc...)
    and I still know that the two devices are not interchangeable.
    From using the computer constantly as a Graphic Designer, to then using the BB to randomly text, YES, it can get confusing. I don't use my phone to send hundreds of emails and IMs. I'm very well aware that a BB is not a computer, and that they are not interchangeable. I am also new to the BB keyboard itself. Simple as that. Wow.
    04-25-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD