So a tiny little bit of paint on one of my keys stripped off, it's not a big deal at all except when the keyboard lights up, that one tiny spot will be brighter than the rest of the keys, and it's distracting. Does anyone know of any permanent marker/paint/anything that if applied to that spot, it would permanently cover it up?

I tried touching the spot with a Sharpie, but after a few hours it just rubs off.
    02-24-11 08:36 PM
    Please help him. Because I would like to know as well.
    02-24-11 08:55 PM
    I used nail polish. It works pretty well because it's not going to rub off.
    iamdevastate and mssca like this.
    02-24-11 09:18 PM
    Yeah I have tried several paints, dupli-color spray paint for vinyl/plastic works the best. Don't spray it on obviously, but spray it in a container and use a q-tip.you can get the paint at autozone or advance auto parts. Just becareful and use VERY little paint. Personally, I finally just got this: ORIGINAL GENUINE OEM BRAND NEW BLACKBERRY BOLD 9650 ESSEX QWERTY KEYBOARD KEYPAD KEY KEYS BUTTON BUTTONS COVER REPAIR REPLACE REPLACEMENT:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 09:19 PM
    I have some "industrial" sharpies that I use in the garage for metal working, they are super permanent. I must say, they are much better than a regular sharpie.

You could also try going to a craft store and finding some permanent markers or paint pens and see how those work. Some black automotive paint would probably do the trick, but that sounds very scary to me. Maybe tearing the fuzzy stuff off a q-tip and using that as an applicator would work, or finding a very, very, very fine paint brush (like one with 3 hairs on it) and applying it that way.

I'd maybe try some paint pens or giving the industrial sharpie a try, painting a key sounds very scary to me...
    02-24-11 09:27 PM
    I tried a Sharpie thinking that it would work. It rubbed off in less than a day, which totally surprised me. I also thought that I might be one of the only people to be affected by this, but apparently that is not the issue. I would like to see what other people have found effective to use.
    02-24-11 09:59 PM
    Yep, this happened to my E and D keys too. I used black fingernail ploish and it worked perfectly!

iamdevastate likes this.
    02-24-11 10:33 PM
    I've heard of nail polish working.
    02-24-11 11:26 PM
    Agree with the nail polish. I picked up hard as nails brand of polish. I used the end of a toothpick and lightly dabbed it. Works perfect.

iamdevastate likes this.
    02-25-11 01:39 AM
    Good thing my wife likes dark nail polish. I will have to give this a shot this weekend to see how it goes.
    02-25-11 12:49 PM
    Just got a Bold 9650. Man I hope that doesn't hapen to my keyboard!
    02-25-11 09:25 PM
    Really good input guys, the nail polish worked LIKE A CHARM. Who would've known!
    02-28-11 07:43 PM
    A good Model paint for plastics works pretty well. That's what I've used from time to time.

02-28-11 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD