What's up guys!

My experience with the Z10 virtual keyboard has not been the best since purchase. Sorry to say this, but sometimes the OS gets a gesture confused with my typing or flicking of a word suggestion. And there are times when I can't select a word with double tap or a letter with the iOS like bubble. Instead, it'll insert a random emoticon which is annoying.

Anyone else having similar issues or concerns? I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Hope this is not a sign of a defective unit that needs to be returned... Anyway, thanks in advance guys!

Later.
    04-03-13 10:05 AM
    Sorry it's not going well for you. My keyboard experience is just the opposite. Yes flicking does take a while to get the hang of, but once there I rarely make a mistake. The auto correct on the keyboard is just amazing too. Rarely does it put up a wrong word.

Maybe my Z10 has had longer to settle in with the keyboard having had it for nearly nine weeks now. All I can suggest is stick with it. Hopefully it should improve.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-03-13 10:09 AM
    I don't have any real problems with the keyboard. Been using it for two days. It does take a little getting used to. I find myself going between flick and single letter tying.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:12 AM
    Sorry it's not going well for you. My keyboard experience is just the opposite. Yes flicking does take a while to get the hang of, but once there I rarely make a mistake. The auto correct on the keyboard is just amazing too. Rarely does it put up a wrong word.

Maybe my Z10 has had longer to settle in with the keyboard having had it for nearly nine weeks now. All I can suggest is stick with it. Hopefully it should improve.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    Thanks for the feedback.

I've only had the Z10 for 7 days now. So, I guess I need to give the learning aspect of the keyboard time to acclimate to my typing... Well, the Z10 has time for that in my book 'cause I just don't see myself going back to iOS or Android (just saying).

Again, thanks.
    knighty2112 likes this.
    04-03-13 10:21 AM
    Sorry to say this, but sometimes the OS gets a gesture confused with my typing or flicking of a word suggestion.
    I definitely have this issue frequently, still, after nearly a week with words above the spacebar. At first I couldn't "flick" the word at all, but I think I"m slowly improving.

I'm coming from a 9930, so that might have something to do with it.
    04-03-13 10:37 AM
    The keyboard is the best feature on the Z10, I love this thing. Rarely have a problem with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:57 AM
    What's up guys!

My experience with the Z10 virtual keyboard has not been the best since purchase. Sorry to say this, but sometimes the OS gets a gesture confused with my typing or flicking of a word suggestion. And there are times when I can't select a word with double tap or a letter with the iOS like bubble. Instead, it'll insert a random emoticon which is annoying.

Anyone else having similar issues or concerns? I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Hope this is not a sign of a defective unit that needs to be returned... Anyway, thanks in advance guys!

Later.
    You don't double tap a word to select a word. Tap/hold.
    Watch this video
    BlackBerry Z10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Help 101

Also:
    Tap and hold for 1 second = one word
    Tap and hold for 2 seconds = one sentence
    Tap and hold for 3 seconds = one paragraph.
    If you continue to hold, after a paragraph is selected it will select the next paragraph and so on.
    04-03-13 12:03 PM
    I don't use the flick thing but I fine the keyboard to be excellent to use compared to my lumina 822.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:43 PM
    I think that the flicking aspect of typing is for those that either type slower or are extremely fast thinkers (have very good hand eye coordination).

For example, if you type slow you can flick words and save a lot of time... but if you are a fast typer it may be easier to just type. however, if you are a fast typer with great hand eye coordination then you can type fast and flick the random word or so up to save those precious fractions of seconds.
    04-03-13 01:04 PM
    My only issue with the keyboard is that a lot of the words it predicts for me to flick up are plurar for like no reason. Sometimes I guess the sentence is ambiguous but sometimes it isn't and I'm like... no.

At times I want to move the cursor to correct an error and it ends up closing the keyboard.
    04-03-13 01:11 PM
    hi ive been having keyboard problems for the past two days now continuously. when i turned it on one morning the auto correct word prediction disapeared completly even though it still says it is on. and when i go to the secondary number and symbol keyboard, it will not input any numbers or symbols nor do the keys become highlighted but the input sound is still there. ive tried restarting and taking out the battery, and playing with the settings and nothing. ive had my Z10 since the canadian release date so im very familiar with it and this is the only problem i have encountered. which is upsetting because i absolutly love this phone !

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:09 PM
    I am a swiping machine but mostly use it when I am typing one handed. With two hands swiping is not much of an advantage.

Posted via CB10
    FSeverino likes this.
    04-08-13 02:40 PM
    I have had mine for a couple of weeks. Have not had the issue you've mentioned. I did have something a bit weird happen today. The keyboard, on one specific word I had typed, would not let me insert a space to go to the next word. Every time I hit the space bar it would mash two words together into some non sense word. I got out of it by canceling and discarding my reply. When I started over it worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:54 PM
    Just revisiting this thread to say thanks for all the feedback. Also a special thanks to pmccartney for the helpful tip.

Take care.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:28 AM