Kevin should completely redesign crackberry.com, when BB 10 comes out, as a celebration for bb 10's arrival ! Who agrees with me here ?!
    09-28-12 03:44 PM
    Changes are coming.. no need to tell us, we're already ahead of you. lol
    RoseBud68, hpjrt, DuexNoir and 6 others like this.
    09-28-12 03:49 PM
    Changes are coming.. no need to tell us, we're already ahead of you. lol
    So excited ! #CantWait !!!!
    09-28-12 03:53 PM
    At least use your regular username to float the idea instead of this hamhanded foolishness...sheesh.
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    09-28-12 04:05 PM
    Is this in regard to the ultra-primitive look of the mobile site??!

I remember being shocked by it, then realizing it was probably to make life easier for BB!

I actually like it though! No bells and whistles, minimalistic, no wasted data, right to the point! It's retro and I think it's cool....but then I'm old. LOL

I say keep it the same!!
    09-28-12 04:10 PM
    Maybe even dump vBulletin! Now that would be a real celebration.
    09-28-12 04:31 PM
    Keep it simple on mobile, make navigation easier on tablets.
    09-28-12 04:33 PM
    Sorry to be the grammar police, but using the word 'should' is like telling someone what to do. I don't tell my boss what he 'should' do, I would simply offer a suggestion.

For the love God Crackberry team, keep the K.I.S.S (not the band) principle and please don't do what the Playstation forum site did. That forum is a nightmare to try and find the right topic.
    richardat likes this.
    09-28-12 05:17 PM
    Sorry to be the grammar police, but using the word 'should' is like telling someone what to do. I don't tell my boss what he 'should' do, I would simply offer a suggestion.
    If you take the roll of grammar police, then note: "should" is not like telling someone what to do, it is in fact, telling somebody what they "SHOULD" do. Exactly as you tell your boss what he "should" do, when you offer a "suggestion". The fact that that you may couch it in niceties, or say it without certainty doesn't change that basic fact. If it was not a "should", it wouldn't be a "suggestion". "suggestion" merely implies that the agent has free will and that you will not compel him/her to do what you think they "should". ;-)

Having said that, I do think the title was rather blunt, and seemingly dismissive of the work involved!

In addition, "should" often implies some moral or utilitarian imperative, making it seem of greater importance, but that is not necessarily the case, so we shouldn't assume that!
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 06:20 PM
    Is this in regard to the ultra-primitive look of the mobile site??!

I remember being shocked by it, then realizing it was probably to make life easier for BB!

I actually like it though! No bells and whistles, minimalistic, no wasted data, right to the point! It's retro and I think it's cool....but then I'm old. LOL

I say keep it the same!!

I agree.

There is nothing wrong with the WAP site except the lack of a thanks button.

Add a thanks button and otherwise leave it alone.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 08:48 PM
    Well crappydoddles I want a LOL button!
    kbz1960 and esk369 like this.
    09-28-12 09:35 PM
    Can you please integrate a plain theme like this one:
    Index-MacStack.net
    The fact that I'm recommending this even after I've been permabanned from this site with a shoot-on-sight order shows how much of a good theme I think this is, for mobile and (optional) desktop.

This theme scales down very nicely to tiny screens, and even worked on my Pearl 9100.
    And the website is incredibly fast, something about sockets.

If you do consider it, then talk to Matt (forum administrator and site builder)
    Last edited by grahamf; 09-28-12 at 09:49 PM.
    09-28-12 09:46 PM
    The only thing I want to see in a redesigned Crackberry website is lose all of the advertisments; simply far too many for my taste. But since that's not feasible, then I would love to see an ability to have a "paid" option whereby users could pay money towards crackberry and see a version of the website without adds; much in the way that some applications have a paid add-free option and an advertisment-supported option.
    stevepar likes this.
    09-28-12 10:32 PM
    Imore just got a face lift so I imagine CrackBerry is gonna look somewhat like Imore looks now..only with orange accents

Sent from my BlackBerry device using Tapatalk
    09-28-12 11:29 PM
    At least use your regular username to float the idea instead of this hamhanded foolishness...sheesh.
    That is my actual name you ....... Omar Toutatoutounji.....
    esk369 likes this.
    09-29-12 12:14 PM
    Maybe even dump vBulletin! Now that would be a real celebration.
    Despite it's faults I still like this forum better then the other Mobile Nation ones. My only complaint with CrackBerry is all the Adds make loading a pain, but I understand that they are needed to make sure CrackBerry.com is able to exist.
    09-29-12 05:58 PM
    what needs to be re-designed is this crackberry app... to be taking advantage of the blackberry floooow .. time for a new lovely UI

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-29-12 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD