And the lion says... .let's run down and fu-k em all.

Honestly, all these folksy sayings are worthless. You're trying to make a virtue out of slowness in the domain of sales, implying that a slow start implies staying power.

This is BS, specially in the world of consumer electronics and smart phones, where six month old products are considered long in the tooth.

Your my lion

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-07-13 09:22 PM
    LMFAO at the people saying 'slow and steady'

Once the Galaxy S IV comes out, the Z10 gets pushed to the back of shops in Verizon, Tmobile and AT&T shops. Easy. You'll also see some attenuation in sales once the HTC One releases. On face value and specs comparison in shops, it'll makes a better first impression than the Z10 for many people.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-08-13 03:22 AM
    im willing to bet most people in US still dont know about the z10. If you walk by any cell phone places you won't even know it was there unless you actively look for it. If BB is not willing to advertise then how would ppl know it is there? most of the sales were probably from BB fan. I can see a big drop in sales coming up
    04-08-13 09:18 AM
    im willing to bet most people in US still dont know about the z10. If you walk by any cell phone places you won't even know it was there unless you actively look for it. If BB is not willing to advertise then how would ppl know it is there? most of the sales were probably from BB fan. I can see a big drop in sales coming up
    Is it your assertion that it is because BB isn't "willing to advertise" that the cell phone stores don't have high-profile BB Z10 displays or posters?

He was grumbling about the US launch the other day on CBC News Network although he put the blame squarely on the carriers.
    That's exactly where I squarely put it, too.

You'll also see some attenuation in sales once the HTC One releases. On face value and specs comparison in shops, it'll makes a better first impression than the Z10 for many people.
    I don't think it's as interchangeable as you think. I think there are three classes of smartphone customers:

1) Those who know what platform they want, and, in the case of Android, have to decide which vendor / form factor they want;
    2) Those who know what platform they DON'T want, because they've tried it and have found it frustrating or complicated or not powerful enough and;
    3) Those who don't know what platform they want and are highly subject to the influence of the sales person or close friends

A category of customer I absolutely think doesn't exist at all or in such low numbers as to be insignificant? The consumer who LOVES the device platform they're already using, and when the urge strikes them to buy a new device, will buy the device that has the fastest processor and best screen and was most recently released, and they don't care what platform it is. THAT person doesn't exist, or has a neurological disorder and is highly suggestible.

...which is to say that those who are satisfied with their Android platform and want something newer and faster will buy the SG4 or HTC One. Those who AREN'T happy with Android ARE NOT going to re-up with the SG4 and HTC One, and would consider the Z10 if it doesn't exhibit the same issues that they had with their Android or iOS or Windows Phone device... and those who aren't sure MAY pick up an SG4 or HTC One, but are just as likely to buy a Z10 IF the sales reps sell the devices on their own merits.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 04-08-13 at 03:04 PM.
    04-08-13 02:31 PM
    Why blame the carriers,they are a business and they are selling what generates the most revenue, currently the Blackberry is not the cash cow like Android and Iphone.

Blame falls on BB.
    I remember when Motorola was the hottest phone around ( Startac and Razor) but they did not keep up with the market and they dissipated. Several years later, they made a huge leap with the Droid line. Again, the Droid is suffering due to innovation and marketing, you need to be on the move in this fast paced global economy, otherwise you will get left behind.

BB makes excellent product, but it took too long to get to this point after all of the debacle and it will be extremely hard to win over new users let alone the space of carriers. You bet the carriers would promote BB if it looked to have potential in becoming the top dog in this fast paced market.

Is BB willing to release new phones with innovation yearly to keep the current buyer coming back?
    I think Samsung has released more variety of phones than anyone in the past year.
    04-09-13 07:28 AM
    I haven't gone into any Best Buy locations or T-Mobile locations to see what they have on display (I did go to a Best Buy just prior to the US release of the Z10 and saw nothing.), but I have been in three different Walmart locations and only one of them had a Z10 dummy unit on display in a locked case.

The advertising has been out there on TV, in newspapers (I've seen full page ads here in Atlanta in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.) and the internet, it's just that the retailers are not going out of their way to promote the Z10, not even a "coming soon" sort of thing like they do with other phones.
    04-10-13 06:18 PM
    I haven't gone into any Best Buy locations or T-Mobile locations to see what they have on display (I did go to a Best Buy just prior to the US release of the Z10 and saw nothing.), but I have been in three different Walmart locations and only one of them had a Z10 dummy unit on display in a locked case.

The advertising has been out there on TV, in newspapers (I've seen full page ads here in Atlanta in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.) and the internet, it's just that the retailers are not going out of their way to promote the Z10, not even a "coming soon" sort of thing like they do with other phones.
    That's because BBRY has been too stingy with the pile of cash it's sitting on. I don't think those new Samsung mini-stores in Best Buy were erected just because Best Buy thought it would be a good idea.

Carriers ultimately don't care what smartphone you buy, as long as you are tithing them a portion of your salary for a data plan. Of course, they want competition among smartphone manufacturers, but they've got it, even without a third OS -- it's not Apple v. Android, but Apple v. Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG et al. (mostly Apple v. Samsung, but still).

Canada and Canadians are frequently and not always fairly stereotyped as being dull. BBRY is not exactly going against type here.
    richardat likes this.
    04-11-13 10:45 AM
    I think all but the most delusional fanboys would agree that the US launch has been a disaster. BBRY's marketing department should be fired en masse. On what planet do you not make sure that all AT&T and Best Buy stores have the product front and center? It's not like BBRY doesn't have the cash to buy that kind of placement, and with its acknowledged desperate straits, you'd think it'd be smart enough to do so.
    It's incredible to see the difference between Canada and the US with the launch...
    They are pushing the Z10 everywhere possible...perhaps partly because BB still carries some presence in Canada with sales volume (not because it's a Canadian product...business is business)...
    04-11-13 03:30 PM
    It's not just about commercials. It's about sales rep enthusiasm - spiffs, training sessions with free pizza, having Blackberry personnel in-store to support sales, etc.

Good lord, missing this stuff is ridiculous.

- R.
    But this sort of thing requires serious money...from my understanding BB chose not to "partner" with the carriers in the way others like Samsung or Nokia are doing or have done...this is basically to pay to promote
    They are following the Apple way...
    04-11-13 03:32 PM
    Word of mouth is selling this phone. I've seen it in action numerous times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 05:24 PM
    I do not think that the NON-US introductions were exactly spectacular!

RIM abused alot of users with the defective 9900. Some people do not have time to constantly reload the OS when their device bricked. People moved on and it will not be easy to get them back.

I think it was a big Blackberry FAILURE that they did not provide a SMOOTH method of migration to move contacts and calendar data from the more popular systems like iOS.

What were they thinking? It make the whole introducation with lack of advertising look "half-baked"!
    richardat likes this.
    04-12-13 06:16 AM
    I think all but the most delusional fanboys would agree that the US launch has been a disaster. BBRY's marketing department should be fired en masse. On what planet do you not make sure that all AT&T and Best Buy stores have the product front and center? It's not like BBRY doesn't have the cash to buy that kind of placement, and with its acknowledged desperate straits, you'd think it'd be smart enough to do so.
    True that, Z10 launch in the U.S has obviously been a mess... but BlackBerry can only be blamed to a point... I don't think the U.S carriers were ready and/or committedto the Z10. They have limited marketing resources as well, and BlackBerry can only push them so far. Hopefully we'll see something better when the Q10 launches, I think the carriers may still be pigeonholing BlackBerry as a keyboard device.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:58 AM
62 123