How awesome would that have been if Kevin threw down and smashed his new iPhone 6 in front of the cameras??

Pricelessssss! I may have offered to reimburse him.
    It would have been unbelievably immature and a waste of a good product that someone else would love to have.
    q649, reeneebob and Kiswathi like this.
    09-22-14 05:54 PM
    Lol. Yeah... I actually trolled the iPhone launch pretty hard with a certain other phone.

Haven't really played with the 6 Plus at all yet either, as my sim card is still in said certain other phone......
    Fans and loyals aside, business is business, I'm not sure people can see beyond the home page. I've seen how your operations have grown since I joined in 2011, 15 years of Mobile Nations, wow! Enviable! Well done guys!
    09-22-14 06:01 PM
    This video reminded me of another:
    ATMJOE and reeneebob like this.
    09-22-14 06:02 PM
    It would have been unbelievably immature and a waste of a good product that someone else would love to have.
    There's nothing wrong with an impromptu drop test.
    Kennedy.L likes this.
    09-22-14 06:02 PM
    Knowing the whole story I don't see what the big deal is. I mean for God's sake he even came on here and explained it so what's the big deal. If he uses another platform he can't like BB too? I use a BlackBerry but you better believe I ordered an ip6plus as well.

I know, I'm an Apple loving troll because I don't look down on people who use an iPhone and make fun of their "non-productive phone" that can only play games.
    09-22-14 06:07 PM
    Not only did he have his picture taken, he hosted an unboxing for the press...
    Kevin and his iPhone 6.-img_20140919_233005.png

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 06:08 PM
    ...Being the founder of something amazing like CrackBerry doesn't mean I signed away the rest of my life to only one company forever and ever and ever and ever...
    It doesn't??? We've been cheated!!! GET THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES EVERYONE!!!!

[cue angry mob "robbling" a la South Park]

Posted via BBCBZ10
    theone06 likes this.
    09-22-14 06:14 PM
    That's it. Kevin enjoying life and having fun. What's next? People using more than one platform? People not calling the iphone an itoy? Toys not tools? This world is in big trouble. I'm going to my congressman right now!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-14 06:15 PM
    How awesome would that have been if Kevin threw down and smashed his new iPhone 6 in front of the cameras??

Pricelessssss! I may have offered to reimburse him.
    09-22-14 06:16 PM
    I've given hope in our once fearless leader of CrackBerry, those Apples got him for good!

Powered by BlackBerry!
    RIM99 likes this.
    09-22-14 06:19 PM
    apparently you didnt see him snapping pictures of the event with his passport.
    he has a passport and yet he is shown celebrating the iPhone rather than the PassPort? Really? thats like me taking an unreleased iPhone and to the PassPort sale launch and showing off the PassPort rather then the iPhone
    RIM99 likes this.
    09-22-14 06:21 PM
    he has a passport and yet he is shown celebrating the iPhone rather than the PassPort? Really? thats like me taking an unreleased iPhone and to the PassPort sale launch and showing off the PassPort rather then the iPhone
    well it is "unreleased" and being so comes with other strings that kinda prohibit celebrating the "phone"
    09-22-14 06:24 PM
    He already explained how this all happened. I'd bet he will be just as excited when the passport actually launches. Geez people. It's just a phone. I personally love my blackberry, never had and won't have an iPhone. Hopefully won't ever have to go back to Android. I'm using my old droid now waiting on my replacement z30 and I hate it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-14 06:24 PM
    I think that this thread is stupid. Kevin owes no obligation whatsoever to BlackBerry. He was a spectator just like the rest of us, only he had a bit more publicity from writing articles on Crackberry and attending events and what not. He is not 'unprofessional' because his job is literally to buy phones and write about them.

He has no responsibility at all to maintain a BlackBerry centered public image. He bought an iPhone. Big deal. He will also buy a Passport, if that makes your life easier.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, Shadowyugi and reeneebob like this.
    09-22-14 06:47 PM
    I would love to spend an extended time playing with a DROID and an iPhone . How else are you supposed to get a real evaluation of each devices attributes as it applies to YOU?

Posted via CB10
    jdhooghe likes this.
    09-22-14 06:52 PM
    Kevin, I am very disappointed. You were Blackberry to the heart for many years. What happened? No wonder you handed over to Blaize. Very sad.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    RIM99, eduzojordan and ATMJOE like this.
    09-22-14 06:55 PM
    @Coraya _ Good points, that being said, he needs to get off the fence. I know he is CEO of mobile nations or what ever its called. But he needs to Hand the torch over to Blaize 100%, and make a clean beak. My stomach turns when I see him do this stuff, he needs a professional media person to guide him, if he already has one he needs a different one
    09-22-14 06:56 PM
    I do find it funny that he did this knowing that he would get killed here in Crackberry, and he did it anyway because he doesn't care.

And i don't buy for a second that it was a fluke that the media interviewed him. He didn't have to do it but did it knowing it would infuriated a lot of you. Lol too funny.
    Shadowyugi, TgeekB and Chrisy like this.
    09-22-14 07:03 PM
    I guess we all missed this picture....

Attachment 299655
    The gates of hell LOL

Posted via CB10
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    09-22-14 07:07 PM
    Ummm..... wait... $500 for waiting in line! Nice.

Whew! Okay, at first I had a negative reaction but I've tossed this around in my head and come to the conclusion that Kevin just pulled off a major win!

Note that Kevin being interviewed by the media at that launch is like one reporter interviewing another reporter on the job.

Kevin used just his name/identity and the media there took that and printed it. Anyone who doesn't know him will just read the usual "People do crazy stuff for new IPhones" and anyone who tries to stir controversy will trigger page 1 search results linking Kevin to BlackBerry/CrackBerry and... "wait BlackBerry is also launching a new device with a unique form factor?"

09-22-14 07:08 PM
    Kevin, I am very disappointed. You were Blackberry to the heart for many years. What happened? No wonder you handed over to Blaize. Very sad.
    I loved it when Kevin played with other devices. As a result of doing so, he not only gave great feedback to BlackBerry, but he also spoke extremely knowledgably about multiple platforms with (often ignorant) media folk.
    09-22-14 07:12 PM
    Meh. Not surprised. Kevin should start writing for bgr.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    eduzojordan likes this.
    09-22-14 07:13 PM
    there is indeed a new crop of crackberry users that are vicious online. it wasnt like this before, all the personal attacks.
    Kevin has always had all the iphones and goes to mobile events since day one. it was never an issue till these new crop of CB users. i swear this is just annoying.
    09-22-14 07:13 PM
    @TgeekB _ You know nothing John Snow. Choices are made by all of us, some we are glad we make, some not so much. Once you get on the front page of Newspapers waving a device, then you will get positive feedback (IPhone fans) and negative feedback (Blackberry fans), but do not forget your roots.
    09-22-14 07:15 PM
    Regardless of how you try and dress it up, twist it or rationalize it the optics are bad.

As a BlackBerry ambassador the photo is unsettling.

The photo isn't taken from some paparazzi it's the CrackBerry originator overtly proud and happy to have the iPhone 6.

Sad and disappointed.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    09-22-14 07:26 PM
426 ... 23456 ...