It's funny how he is mercilessly ripped. When you're known as CrackBerry Kevin, it comes with the territory.
    09-23-14 12:17 PM
    I get that he is "tech" guy and loves getting all the new toys

I get that he is part of the bigger picture now with Mobile Nations and needs to be versed with all the mobile platforms

I get that he is free to buy whatever

I get that this "just a phone" for some people so who really cares

.... just wonder what BB Shareholders and Blackberry think of seeing the Founder of CB hold up the new iPhone with enthusiasm on launch day............again....
    acovey likes this.
    09-23-14 12:18 PM
    Worry if you see John Chen at an Apple event holding an iPhone.

If they see Kevin they will know.....oh, he's doing the job that he is paid to do.....Bla1ze took over.....cool

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    TgeekB and shaleem like this.
    09-23-14 12:21 PM
    Trying to imagine Chen's initial reaction...
    Probably he bought one too
    09-23-14 12:29 PM
    This thread is essentially this video:

Swap Final Fantasy for Kevin, and PlayStation for BlackBerry.
    09-23-14 12:35 PM
    I get that he is "tech" guy and loves getting all the new toys

I get that he is part of the bigger picture now with Mobile Nations and needs to be versed with all the mobile platforms

I get that he is free to buy whatever

I get that this "just a phone" for some people so who really cares

.... just wonder what BB Shareholders and Blackberry think of seeing the Founder of CB hold up the new iPhone with enthusiasm on launch day............again....
    If that is a concern of BBRY stockholders, they should move to ensure that Kevin (a private citizen) is offered an endorsement contact.
    shaleem and reeneebob like this.
    09-23-14 12:36 PM
    That photo is hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 12:39 PM
    I do not see the need for Kevin to comment on the phone he buys. It not like, because Kevin has an iPhone others will move from Blackberry to the iPhone. Kevin has posted what he likes about the iPhone "deleting email from the iPhone with a swipe (this was before 10.3) He also posted on imore what apple should take from Blackberry or the top 5 thing apple should do with the iOS.

I used to love CB but to much dream now. People get mad when they post TV SHOW review podcast, and other mobile nation posts. Also people on here get mad when CB post news about T-Mobile. Cannot make everybody happy.

lets all be happy with our phones that meets our needs
    09-23-14 12:50 PM
    Who cares what phone he uses? These threads are unbelievably immature - is there really a cult on personality around the guy that people are invested in?

Like BlackBerry products? Buy them, use them, read about them, and tell your friends. That should be all there is to it as a a fan.

Posted via CB10
    The CrackBerry faithful here don't like their prophet using a different god's device.

If I see the word iSheep in this thread, I'm going to laugh. The hypocrisy will be too much.

Kevin is not a sheep. He loves his technology and appreciates the strengths all offer. If anything, the people raising the pitchforks in this thread are. Think on the hypocrisy, mates.

/gets out the popcorn
    09-23-14 01:05 PM
    The funny part of this is the number of folks believing that this somehow looks bad for BlackBerry. We all may know who Kevin is, given that we are fans of the brand and CB users, but I can just about guarantee that I could ask a random 1000 people if they know who he is and as a follow up, care what phone he uses at any given moment, and not one of those people will care about any of it. This really isn't a big deal, guys.
    09-23-14 01:24 PM
    If that is a concern of BBRY stockholders, they should move to ensure that Kevin (a private citizen) is offered an endorsement contact.
    Or see to it that he no longer has access to unreleased BlackBerry products.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-23-14 01:28 PM
    And what's wrong with that?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    The fact that Bla1ze now is in charge of CB and he is doing a pretty good job in charge. If somehow he ever did want to come back to CB. Nothing would be more annoying than demoting someone just because someone wants to enter the spotlight again.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:33 PM
    /gets out the popcorn
    Stay tuned. Kevin and his iPhone 7 is already in pre-production.
    shaleem and 21stNow like this.
    09-23-14 01:34 PM
    Or see to it that he no longer has access to unreleased BlackBerry products.
    True, but I suspect most won't care.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-23-14 01:34 PM
    The fact that Bla1ze now is in charge of CB and he is doing a pretty good job in charge. If somehow he ever did want to come back to CB. Nothing would be more annoying than demoting someone just because someone wants to enter the spotlight again.

Posted via CB10
    I can confidently say that this won't happen.
    09-23-14 01:36 PM
    So on another thread there were quotes from Revelations naming Apple as the beast. And here we are again quoting Scripture.
    For claiming that Apple buyers are in a religious cult, there seem to be an awful lot of obsessive postings about religion coming from BlackBerry users.
    I wonder who fits most the characterisation of a religious cult?

That post blew me away. It really exemplifies the mentality of some members. Yet they call other platform users names.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-14 01:50 PM
    That post blew me away. It really exemplifies the mentality of some members. Yet they call other platform users names.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hilarious, no?

The hypocrisy is phenomenal.

mikeo007, shaleem and MC_A_DOT like this.
    09-23-14 01:51 PM
    apparently you didnt see him snapping pictures of the event with his passport.
    If that picture did not appear in the paper as well then it's irrelevant.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-23-14 01:54 PM
    A little off topic though

I just hope Bla1ze is taking note of this

It just struck me that this is the first, if not the only thread where MODs are forced to behave and post like every normal cb user hehehehehe. Whatever happened to the CB-police?? No warnings and no complains of missing posts hehehehehe I'm so loving this

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154 "the iPhone nemesis"
    09-23-14 01:54 PM
    Traitor!
    CB can fire him?
    Even if he is one of the CB founders...

Proudly Z30 owner
    09-23-14 02:14 PM
    Lol why did I read all the responses in this thread. Don't know if I love or hate crackberry more now

I just know that I can't wait for the day Kevin comes on these forums and tells people "IDGAF about what ya'll think about me or the phone I buy".

Enjoy WHATEVER phone you choose Kevin, though I'm sure u already do

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:24 PM
    thats not relevant. he can and should have multiple devices; but given his image and background, stuff like this shouldn't be flaunted publicly, on public papers, etc...
    i mean, he was at the bb10 launch, cutting his hair, etc.. remember? and now he's in public papers holding up ip6 w/ ip6 fans heading?

i disagree w/ that.

Samsung wouldn't want to see Lebron James coming out of the apple store flaunting his ip6 in a local paper.
    I have to agree with this comment... This kind of stuff is damaging for Blackberry. It's like "Blackberry is so bad that even the founder of the biggest Blackberry comunity ran away to buy an iphone..."

Despite liking Kevin's personality A LOT and feeling that the Crackbery forum doesn't have the same life since he left (no more podcasts ), I find this situation a bit disrispectfull for the comunity that made him what he is today... It's like breaking a long relationship with someone, and get straight with other person next day. I think is nice to keep a lower profile for some time
    acovey likes this.
    09-23-14 02:41 PM
    Imagine someone having the nerve to use a non BlackBerry device. We'll know the apocalypse is upon us when people dare to post on CB using non BlackBerry devices!

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Note 3
    09-23-14 02:51 PM
    Kevin is a chief media officer at MoNa, he is doing a fine job at that!

Don't you all agree?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    shaleem and MC_A_DOT like this.
    09-23-14 02:55 PM
    CB founder or not , Kevin is linked as BlackBerry fan and user. The press loving this story ; well-known BlackBerry fan and founder of the biggest BlackBerry community buying an Apple Phone. The press has there hit, Apple has there lauch and Kevin has it. It's like Alicia Keys promoting BlackBerry on stage and putting out an Apple iPhone 6+ from her handbag.

That said love it when you hand out the BlackBerry Passport
    LuckyPaddy likes this.
    09-23-14 03:10 PM
426 ... 1213141516 ...