Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 103
Like Tree173Likes
  1. #76  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Over the past couple of years, I've seriously been wondering if being loyal to one company any company is really worth it. Companies are not customer friendly like they once were. Times have changed, its all about the money not the customers. IMO, its okay to have choices.....because I can remember when the Motorola grey brick was the only cell phone available.
    Over the years I've noticed RIM has been quite good when it comes to loyalty, actually. I've had my 9900 replaced several times just by mentioning it broke on Twitter. My mother had an outdated Style that wasn't functioning properly, she's had increasing medical issues and needs to dial 911 far more than one ever should, which cripples your phone on the CDMA network, so RIM replaced it with an HSPA device. I couldn't find an LTE PlayBook in Ottawa when it launched, so again after mentioning it on Twitter, I had one on my doorstep the next morning. They stand by their customers and their product. Unfortunately for me, my 9900 was no longer able to support my line of work (I'm sure BB10 will, but where the **** is it!) and my mom got $200 worth of iTunes gift cards this holiday season, so we've both temporary defected to other platforms.
  2. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #77  

    Default Re: Kevin carries an iphone 5 in his bag along with a MacBook and an iPad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin Smith View Post
    hi am kelvin smith honest truthful lovelycaring guy , I want a real serious friendship any where around the world to know each other better. add me with my pin 2787b19f .
    Well. THAT'S a derail.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    axllebeer (01-09-2013) 
    h20work, kevinnugent and qbnkelt like this.
  3. Easy-G's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #78  

    Default

    Blind loyalty is not one of Kevin's faults. He may be the biggest BlackBerry fanboy on Earth, but I think he chooses BB because it best meets his particular tastes and needs. That said, a 9900 and a PlayBook won't do everything, hence the other devices.
  4. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,726 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,986 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-G View Post
    Blind loyalty is not one of Kevin's faults. He may be the biggest BlackBerry fanboy on Earth, but I think he chooses BB because it best meets his particular tastes and needs. That said, a 9900 and a PlayBook won't do everything, hence the other devices.
    Although I really love my BlackBerry devices, I wouldn't go to CES without a real camera and the best computer I had available. Not that what he has is the best, I wouldn't have a clue as I've never even used a MacBook. But needless to say, at CES you come with any equipment you can get to be ready for any and all possibilities.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
  5. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #80  

    Default

    I just read the title again. It has come to the point where we care what is in other peoples bags?????????
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
  6. #81  

    Default

    Well there are those who profess an undying and all encompassing devotion and allegiance to BB and state that they will never ever ever ever ever ever use anything else.....and the last time CBK was seen with something other than a BB there was nearly a civil war.....they keep tabs on what CBK uses.....I remember THAT whole thing....
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  7. joshua_sx1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,664 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,667 Global Posts
    #82  

    Default

    Kevin is still human afterall...

    And besides that's where you get a good source of information i.e. from someone who actually used other devices...
  8. h20work's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,507 Posts
    #83  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    We have matured as a forum. No demanding Kevin's head on a platter.
    Not all of us are mature, speak for yourself
    Tre Lawrence and kbz1960 like this.
  9. h20work's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,507 Posts
    #84  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Well there are those who profess an undying and all encompassing devotion and allegiance to BB and state that they will never ever ever ever ever ever use anything else.....and the last time CBK was seen with something other than a BB there was nearly a civil war.....they keep tabs on what CBK uses.....I remember THAT whole thing....
    I'm devoted to loving women and i will not try anything else. Notice I didn't say "using" women
  10. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Time Lord

    Posts
    10,220 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,361 Global Posts
    #85  

    Default

    And? Is there a punchline? lol. Personally, I'd rather trust someone who has at least experienced EVERYTHING over having stuck to one thing and has no reference point for other use case scenarios.. dunno about you all. Besides, can't talk crap about something you haven't used.. lol.

    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

    [ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    Thanked by:
    jakie55 (01-10-2013) 
  11. #86  

    Default Re: Kevin carries an iphone 5 in his bag along with a MacBook and an iPad.

    Quote Originally Posted by h20work View Post
    I'm devoted to loving women and i will not try anything else. Notice I didn't say "using" women
    Oh I use men.
    As much as possible.

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Thanked by:
    h20work (01-09-2013) 
    kevinnugent and magutwit like this.
  12. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #87  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    Although I really love my BlackBerry devices, I wouldn't go to CES without a real camera and the best computer I had available. Not that what he has is the best, I wouldn't have a clue as I've never even used a MacBook. But needless to say, at CES you come with any equipment you can get to be ready for any and all possibilities.
    The MacBooks are very nice. If you took a straw poll of all the tech writers there at CES I'd hazard a guess that 90% of them have taken a MacBook Pro to the event.
    Thanked by:
    axllebeer (01-09-2013) 
  13. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #88  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Oh I use men.
    As much as possible.

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    That's the difference between us. Women are expected to and excel at using men for what they want. If us poor men admit to using women we get stoned.
    qbnkelt likes this.
  14. h20work's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,507 Posts
    #89  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Oh I use men.
    As much as possible.

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Not fair, you can say that but if I do I'm a sexist. Actually, I like the sound of that
    qbnkelt and jakie55 like this.
  15. Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    #90  

    Default

    Lol. Awesome thread.

    Yeah, I always carry as many devices possible around with me at shows... because if you ever come across a new device or accessory, you may need to do up comparison photos / videos (like to be prepared to help out on our other sites too at these shows). iPhone 5 / iPad are standards for us to carry around for comparisons.

    Also, as I've gone through my Mobile Nations World Tour... every time I get a new device I just pick it up and add it into the pocket. Have my BlackBerry data plan running on an iPhone 5 nano sim, then use adapters to move it into microsim or full sim devices. Nice and flexible and able to use everything.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (01-10-2013) 
    qbnkelt and jakie55 like this.
  16. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #91  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Have my BlackBerry data plan running on an iPhone 5 nano sim, then use adapters to move it into microsim or full sim devices. Nice and flexible and able to use everything.
    This is something I need to investigate. Sounds like the thing to do if you want to swap the same service across various devices. My problem here is the equivalent BB Data plan has 1.5gb a month data whereas the others (any others!) have 6gb.
  17. Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    #92  

    Default

    When the Bold 9000 came out I got the Rogers 6GB data plan for BB... they phased that out but I've always kept it.. so have the 6GB on the nano sim and still works w/ BB and everything else.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    kevinnugent likes this.
  18. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Time Lord

    Posts
    10,220 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,361 Global Posts
    #93  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    When the Bold 9000 came out I got the Rogers 6GB data plan for BB... they phased that out but I've always kept it.. so have the 6GB on the nano sim and still works w/ BB and everything else.
    Same here.. Rogers will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

    [ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
  19. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #94  

    Default

    I don't think carriers here will be that silly to offer that much data on a BB plan.
  20. jakie55's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77
    #95  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    That's the difference between us. Women are expected to and excel at using men for what they want. If us poor men admit to using women we get stoned.
    Everybody just get stoned....oh wrong song.....Now, Now..We don't use women, we "appreciate their willingness to assist us" yea, that's it
    Q 10 for the win!
    (WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi
    Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
  21. kccman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    568 Posts
    PIN
    24C92066
    #96  

    Default

    Kevin you Heathen
    10.2.0.228

    8330->9630->9530->9700->9800->9900 Black->9900 White->SGS3->Z10 Black(traded)Z10 White

    BBM Channel C00114265
  22. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,038 Global Posts
    #97  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wxmancanada View Post
    I'm sure BB10 will, but where the **** is it!
    January 30th.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  23. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,038 Global Posts
    #98  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Besides, can't talk crap about something you haven't used.. lol.
    One only needs to read mobile story comments to know that informed opinions like yours are rather a rarity
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  24. seluje's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #99  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Over the past couple of years, I've seriously been wondering if being loyal to one company any company is really worth it. Companies are not customer friendly like they once were. Times have changed, its all about the money not the customers. IMO, its okay to have choices.....because I can remember when the Motorola grey brick was the only cell phone available.
    Actually, we should purchase phone for our personal or professional utility, not what is the latest fashion, this goes for Apple, Samsung, RIM or any other manufacturers. A lot of people do mistakes by buying the wrong phone then regrets it. We all need to do our homework before the purchase.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (01-10-2013) 
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Kevin carries an iphone 5 in his bag along with a MacBook and an iPad.

    Quote Originally Posted by seluje View Post
    Actually, we should purchase phone for our personal or professional utility, not what is the latest fashion, this goes for Apple, Samsung, RIM or any other manufacturers. A lot of people do mistakes by buying the wrong phone then regrets it. We all need to do our homework before the purchase.
    And what is useful to one person may not be to another.
    No need to judge.
    Waaaaaaaaaay to much fundamentalism going on with some folks.
    Choice is good.


    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    shaleem likes this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. will storing an iPhone in a blackberry case damage it?
    By 8310IE in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. Anybody using an iPhone in Montana?
    By cowboyL1FE in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
  3. this guy must have an iphone us his *** on vibrate
    By Nelimungous in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
  4. to those with a bold AND an iphone 3G
    By burntorange817 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
  5. Email appearing in Message folder along with phone log
    By justglfish in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions