Kevin probably just gets a big laugh when people FREAK after seeing all his gadgets!
    Mate, his backpack is lightweight compared to when me, my wife and son go on holidays. It's like we take Best Buy with us.
    JR A, Spencerdl and jakie55 like this.
    01-08-13 09:23 PM
    Guess what? I put my Playbook on top of my iPad today and the world did not explode in a fiery ball of fire when they touched!

Is there some rule written somewhere that says we must only use one brand of phone, car, tv, etc?
    01-08-13 09:34 PM
    honestly i don't have an issue with with the iDevices just not a fan of the company that makes them. not a fan of Windows in any revision, but unfortunately there's no app for BB for Linux(Debian/Ubuntu) so i'm stuck with a dual-boot for now... hopefully it gets rectified in BB10
    01-08-13 09:36 PM
    I considered a Macbook a couple times here and there, mainly back when I worked with music.

Then I look at the spec sheet, then the price tag, then the spec sheet again, and then question what I'd use the laptop for.

I'm sure I could get over the user interface adjustment in a couple of days. And I'm not a penny pincher; I believe in paying the cost to get a certain desired quality, but I just can't justify the price compared to other machines that can do the same and provide equal or better experience.

And when it comes to desktops, I can build a Win machine myself for a FRACTION of the cost of an iMac or Mac Pro that performs just as well. I could never bring myself to get over that.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-08-13 10:20 PM
    Thor carries a GS3 around......maybe hes a spy!!!
    01-08-13 11:26 PM
    A phone is not a marriage partner nor is it a child.
    Not fully true sweetheart. My daughter is the only thing closer to me than my BlackBerry, I never let it away from my side (or leave it in another room for that matter) at a moment in the day. Even had a brief moment of weakness and had a little fling with Windows Phone which i'm still not sure if RIM will ever forgive me for
    JR A likes this.
    01-08-13 11:47 PM
    We have matured as a forum. No demanding Kevin's head on a platter.
    I was waiting for what happened last time, with people demanding his resignation and a personal apology like he kicked their puppy.

Maybe we have grown up... Here's hoping anyway

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    jakie55 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    01-09-13 12:36 AM
    Not fully true sweetheart. My daughter is the only thing closer to me than my BlackBerry, I never let it away from my side (or leave it in another room for that matter) at a moment in the day. Even had a brief moment of weakness and had a little fling with Windows Phone which i'm still not sure if RIM will ever forgive me for
    What's the saying?

"If it's true love, he/she will come back" ???

01-09-13 01:17 AM
    Enjoying more than one phone does not mean you are the Anti Christ or his minion. Nor does it mean you eat kittens for breakfast.
    For the Mobile Nations team it's a requirement so that they can be informed and not boxed into one experience only. For some of us.....we're just geeks who enjoy tech.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    While people who own smart phones don't Always eat kittens for breakfast, those who do prefer iphones - fact
    Barljo and magutwit like this.
    01-09-13 01:28 AM
    Enjoying more than one phone does not mean you are the Anti Christ or his minion. Nor does it mean you eat kittens for breakfast.
    For the Mobile Nations team it's a requirement so that they can be informed and not boxed into one experience only. For some of us.....we're just geeks who enjoy tech.

I don't know...I could swear I saw green peas soup around!!!!
    Last edited by jakie55; 01-09-13 at 01:37 AM. Reason: put my comment in the wrong place...so sorry
    01-09-13 01:36 AM
    While people who own smart phones don't Always eat kittens for breakfast, those who do prefer iphones - fact
    Interesting. Source.

01-09-13 01:40 AM
    Interesting. Source.

Tabby.com.
    01-09-13 01:56 AM
    Ah. So your BB is closer to you than anything else excepting your daughter.

So she will be an only child.....

They are many times that my BB and my phones are nowhere near me. For instance, when I'm with my man, my family members with whom I'm engaging, even I'm enjoying my friends, when I'm playing of snuggling with my animals, when I'm at church, when I'm in the shower....many many times my phones are nowhere near me.

magutwit likes this.
    01-09-13 02:00 AM
    I don't know...I could swear I saw green peas soup around!!!!

01-09-13 02:02 AM
    Guess what? I put my Playbook on top of my iPad today and the world did not explode in a fiery ball of fire when they touched!

Is there some rule written somewhere that says we must only use one brand of phone, car, tv, etc?
    Yup....there is, somewhere.....

You are supposed to be loyal to a specific bit of plastic and wires.....

I'm a rebellious I guess.....
    BoldAlways likes this.
    01-09-13 05:11 AM
    I have a BB Torch and a MacBook, and thanks to BDS, everything is synced!
    01-09-13 05:29 AM
    All I'm saying is, Apple's not the enemy. BB is just BETTER!

(Ok change the smile to BRUHAHAHAHA)
    01-09-13 05:32 AM
    he's a rich guy....he can buy any and every phone :P !!
    01-09-13 06:05 AM
    Yes, just dont activate it at set-up. You can also disable the app store requirement and get your programs from anywhere on the web. The mac isn't closed off at all like iOS, you can hack and tweak it all you want, just disable the security options that come on by default. The only thing I dont like about the mac coming from windows is that the file menu is always at the top and content changes depending on which window is selected, where as on windows 7 every window has its own file menu. Also, hyperdock is a must, it will give you window previews when you hover the icons like windows 7.
    Oh, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you!
    But if a desactivate the security options, will I need some extra security program or whatever?

P.S. I understand your point about the file menu : that's what I like about macs and what I dislike at the same time, it's true that one can find it a bit rigid psychologically (at least me ) .As to the whole system of files management on macs, sometimes I appreciate it highly, because it organises me better, I have a better view of everything I have, I have a better use of all I have....but sometimes, I just appreciate some lousiness of Windows.
    01-09-13 06:07 AM
    Ah. So your BB is closer to you than anything else excepting your daughter.
    So she will be an only child.....
    That's what I thought ))))
    01-09-13 06:32 AM
    That's what I thought ))))
    HEHEHE....we have to behave, he gives as good as he gets....
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 06:34 AM
    hi am kelvin smith honest truthful lovelycaring guy , I want a real serious friendship any where around the world to know each other better. add me with my pin 2787b19f .
    01-09-13 07:44 AM
    A good journalist explores all the options to present an informed perspective.
    This +1000!

As much as they are huge 'fanboys' of their respective platforms, both Kevin and Rene are highly informed about what else is out there. They can likely both speak to competitor products better than a lot of fanboys of those products can ... and also identify more accurately issues with their platforms of choice at a much deeper, more accurate level than bashers of those platforms.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-09-13 08:59 AM
    Interesting. Source.

Ughhhhh! Don't make me create a wikipedia article over this - it really is common sense as much as anything
    01-09-13 09:39 AM
    Blasphemy

Really who cares. He is still a bb man.
    01-09-13 09:46 AM
103 12345