Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103
Like Tree173Likes
  1. magutwit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indie_b View Post
    I use a macbook pro..... My windows machine at home hasnt been turned on in months.... I use an ipad... Altho it was an impulse buy... Ive had it about 6 months and its novelty has worn off... Personally iOS is just not for me... I been using a BB for as long as i can remember... Never had a droid or iphone............ I use and support windows for work... If i could get my boss to get me a imac or mac pro for work i would use that and run windows virtually since i only need it for a few things during the day..... OSX is the way to go.... If iOS was more like OSX... Then this convo would be totally different
    Thanks! I know the two systems and I have my favourite features both in Macs and in PCs, but I'm still on a PC (when I bought my last one, Sony Vaios offered better specs for a much lower price, W7 seemed to be rather nice and I was a bit allergic to the sect attitude of iFans)...now, I don't know. There is some lack of innovation from Apple (it's not a good sign if you are already tired of a computer you didn't buy yet ) and it's not going to change this year, but W8 is really not for me. :-/
    Now what's keeping me really away from Mac is the famous ecosystem (seems like it's a huge advantage for everybody , but not for me), I feel like I get engaged with a brand and it's only the first step.
    P.S. I s it possible to work normally without activating Cloud? My experience is just prior to iCloud.
  2. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Why do some people worry about what devices others carry/utilize?
    I could care less about what Kevin uses.
    I just know what I use... A BlackBerry.
    I'm sure Kevin is happy with that as the commander of this ship.

    I wonder if inside the undergarment forums they debate whether it's better to wear Hanes or Fruit of the Loom?
    And... Get testy about it...
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  3. hpjrt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,043 Posts
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Why do some people worry about what devices others carry/utilize?
    I could care less about what Kevin uses.
    I just know what I use... A BlackBerry.
    I'm sure Kevin is happy with that as the commander of this ship.

    I wonder if inside the undergarment forums they debate whether it's better to wear Hanes or Fruit of the Loom?
    And... Get testy about it...
    There are underwear forums?!?! Why did no one tell me?
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
  4. #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    people attending nascar races where there are 43 competing teams get along better that people carrying different smartphones
    ahh lots of beer helps with that though lol
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    pantlesspenguin and JR A like this.
  5. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,860 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    We have matured as a forum. No demanding Kevin's head on a platter.
    Thanked by 2:
    MADBRADNYC (01-08-2013),  qbnkelt (01-08-2013) 
  6. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,817 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,111 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    Some of my friends drive different cars than I do and have different TVs. Traitors, all of them.
    And may they all die a painful death!

    Wait a minute, I have BlackBerry, Android, iOS, Windows, and Ubuntu here at my fingers tips. Curse me, I'm not talking to myself ever again.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (01-08-2013) 
  7. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,347 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,557 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #32  

    Default Re: Kevin carries an iphone 5 in his bag along with a MacBook and an iPad.

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    And... Get testy about it...

    Hehehehe......

    I see what you did there....

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    MADBRADNYC (01-08-2013) 
    MADBRADNYC and crazeee4u like this.
  8. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
    There are underwear forums?!?! Why did no one tell me?
    LoL. That's funny.
    There are internet Buzbies interested in all topics.
    One rule... If it's posted on the internet it has to be true...
    Where did I read that... The internet.

    For sh!ts & giggles I Googled quite a few of them.
    Here's a couple of examples...
    Men's Underwear Forum | Bulletin Board Discussion on Fanpop
    forum.screenprinters.net
    Why people are interested in others choices is beyond me.
    My recommendation... You do You.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    JR A likes this.
  9. blue_k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    PIN
    322D4970
    #34  

    Default

    No one is the enemy of BB and RIM. Completion is good all around. Just because Kevin has competitor products, doesn't mean he's not a fan of BB and RIM. He enjoys Apple products as well, again that doesn't mean he isn't a BB and RIM fan. I like iOS, Android and Windows Phone as well as BB.
    In RIM we trust!
  10. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,347 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,557 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #35  

    Default Re: Kevin carries an iphone 5 in his bag along with a MacBook and an iPad.

    Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    We have matured as a forum. No demanding Kevin's head on a platter.
    Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh......don't jinx it......the thread is still young......

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  11. dentynefire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,413 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    And may they all die a painful death!

    Wait a minute, I have BlackBerry, Android, iOS, Windows, and Ubuntu here at my fingers tips. Curse me, I'm not talking to myself ever again.
    which version of Ubuntu?
  12. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    867 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #37  

    Default

    In laptops, it's windows or Mac. If your sick of windows then....

    It's like voting for politicians, you end up voting for the one you hate the least.
    MADBRADNYC and magutwit like this.
  13. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    It's like voting for politicians, you end up voting for the one you hate the least.
    The Devil you know...
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  14. Villain's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    #39  

    Default

    he also has a Lumia 920.
    Thanked by:
    MADBRADNYC (01-08-2013) 
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
  15. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    he also has a Lumia 920.
    Oh Boy....
    You're really gonna get under someone's skin now.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  16. Villain's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Oh Boy....
    You're really gonna get under someone's skin now.
    nothing wrong with owning multiple devices... I'm using a HTC 8X right now but have a 9900, iphone 4s, GSII, 2 (and a bunch of other old devices) playbooks and picking up a surface pro lol
  17. Denise in Los Angeles's Avatar
    BlackBerry Diva

    Posts
    8,402 Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Kevin probably just gets a big laugh when people FREAK after seeing all his gadgets!
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

    PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
  18. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,417 Posts
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    nothing wrong with owning multiple devices... I'm using a HTC 8X right now but have a 9900, iphone 4s, GSII, 2 (and a bunch of other old devices) playbooks and picking up a surface pro lol
    Wow. I think that's great!
    I have known nothing but RIM/BlackBerry devices for so many years.
    In fact I know nothing of other platforms at all currently. At all...
    I admit I did play with a SGS3 at T-Mobile and thought it was really nice.
    I just consider those with multiple devices more well rounded than I am regarding mobile devices.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CairnsRock likes this.
  19. fernandez21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magutwit View Post
    Thanks! I know the two systems and I have my favourite features both in Macs and in PCs, but I'm still on a PC (when I bought my last one, Sony Vaios offered better specs for a much lower price, W7 seemed to be rather nice and I was a bit allergic to the sect attitude of iFans)...now, I don't know. There is some lack of innovation from Apple (it's not a good sign if you are already tired of a computer you didn't buy yet ) and it's not going to change this year, but W8 is really not for me. :-/
    Now what's keeping me really away from Mac is the famous ecosystem (seems like it's a huge advantage for everybody , but not for me), I feel like I get engaged with a brand and it's only the first step.
    P.S. I s it possible to work normally without activating Cloud? My experience is just prior to iCloud.
    Yes, just dont activate it at set-up. You can also disable the app store requirement and get your programs from anywhere on the web. The mac isn't closed off at all like iOS, you can hack and tweak it all you want, just disable the security options that come on by default. The only thing I dont like about the mac coming from windows is that the file menu is always at the top and content changes depending on which window is selected, where as on windows 7 every window has its own file menu. Also, hyperdock is a must, it will give you window previews when you hover the icons like windows 7.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
  20. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,878 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,884 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Kevin carries an iphone 5 in his bag along with a MacBook and an iPad.-tester.jpg
    I think the tweet says it all...
    (Although, I think I know what brand the winner will be...)
    Check out my app: CChecker
  21. fernandez21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    nothing wrong with owning multiple devices... I'm using a HTC 8X right now but have a 9900, iphone 4s, GSII, 2 (and a bunch of other old devices) playbooks and picking up a surface pro lol
    I thinks its funny how some people think you must chose sides, I myself in the past 2 years have had and used a Palm Pre Plus, Pre 3, Nokia e71x, Motorola Atrix, HTC Inspire 4g, HTC One X, HTC Surround, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro, Apple iPhone (4, 4S, and 5), Blackberry Torch 9810 and Blackberry Torch 9860. Cant wait to add BB10 to the list. I have 2 lines, and other than the iPhones being full time on one line, I'm averaging around 2-3 months with a different handset on the other line.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
  22. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,598 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,627 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Even though he has those devices and the iMac at his notorious stand up desk, etc....it is still clear where his allegiance lies. You can tell if you watch podcasts
    MADBRADNYC and r0v3rT3N like this.
  23. indie_b's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    256 Posts
    PIN
    whats a PIN :)
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Yes, just dont activate it at set-up. You can also disable the app store requirement and get your programs from anywhere on the web. The mac isn't closed off at all like iOS, you can hack and tweak it all you want, just disable the security options that come on by default. The only thing I dont like about the mac coming from windows is that the file menu is always at the top and content changes depending on which window is selected, where as on windows 7 every window has its own file menu. Also, hyperdock is a must, it will give you window previews when you hover the icons like windows 7.
    I will have to get hyperdoc then....


    When it comes to devices, you need choices and alteratives and flexability.... Sticking to 1 and bashin another without even experiencing it is foolish.... Even tho I've been strickly BB for many years now, I've dealt with enough decices in the office supporting friends and coworkers with their iOS and Droid devices to know and appreciate my choice to stick with BB.. The only devices I have not had a chance to play with are the win phone 7 and 8 devices...

    We need choice and diversity... It brings innovation and make one step their game up... With that said... #BB10 will decimate all
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
  24. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indie_b View Post
    #BB10 will decimate all
    Let's hope for solidifying some lost market share, total domination we'll hope for later
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  25. maam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    724 Posts
    #50  

    Default

    Good for him eh. I would love to use a Mac book, but it's no compatible with my life eh. I've heard nothing but good things about it, besides the price eh=p which I don't find expensive at all.
    Be Proud
    9700(black)-9700(white)-9790-9900(black)-9900(white)-Playbook 32/64GB/LTE-Z10(black)-Z10(white)-Q10(black)
    BlackBerry by choice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. will storing an iPhone in a blackberry case damage it?
    By 8310IE in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. Anybody using an iPhone in Montana?
    By cowboyL1FE in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
  3. this guy must have an iphone us his *** on vibrate
    By Nelimungous in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
  4. to those with a bold AND an iphone 3G
    By burntorange817 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
  5. Email appearing in Message folder along with phone log
    By justglfish in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions