I really would like to know his thoughts on tablets - smart or dumb, and where he sees the mobile industry going, and BBRY's role.

As a small businessman, I need to plan for my tech improvements. My Playbook has seen a hard life and still is used daily. If there will be no new BB10 Playbook or even a dumb tablet (my preference), then I will be looking elsewhere for a tablet upgrade for late this summer. I really would like to know if Chen believes in tablets or how he sees them in BBRY's future.

Like others have mentioned, it was disappointing to not see a timeline for new BBRY items for the next year.
    johnm137, donmateo and web99 like this.
    02-26-14 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the message.

I'm already gone from Barcelona and Mobile World Congress, so won't be able to try and get that directly answered this week.

It's a good question though. I'll work on getting answers to it.
    02-26-14 12:05 PM
    thks - no immediate rush
    02-26-14 12:07 PM
    I still feel BB will NOT go into the Tablet market again..at least no time in the near future. They would need to have recovered in the consumer phone market first before they even try.
    More likely is they are working on using Bridge to connect to Android and iOS tablets.
    02-26-14 12:12 PM
    Sad but true. They will likely port bridge before making a new tablet. I would love to see a BB10 cap able playbook.

I would settle for another playbook update that at least brings the android player to par with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:25 PM
    I really think they will just have a plug in that will take over any tab or computer via an app or program. That would be best

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:37 PM
    Be nice to hear something from Chen, BUT I just came across this other thread with points to a someone hopefully statement made by a BBRY VP....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tablet-910011/
    02-27-14 08:15 AM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-consideri...-anytime-soon/

It's not much of an answer but it's better than nothing.

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    02-27-14 08:20 AM
    I value and respect everyone's opinion and right to comment but I was sincerely hoping this was a thread where we can just expose the questions that we want Kevin or the CB staff to ask BlackBerry for an answer ( good, bad or no comment are all welcome) instead of everyone giving opinions about any given question.

No disrespect, just want to be able to get answers from the source. The forums are full of opinions already.

? We have apks cuz we need 'em not cuz we want 'em ?
    03-01-14 07:16 AM
    I value and respect everyone's opinion and right to comment but I was sincerely hoping this was a thread where we can just expose the questions that we want Kevin or the CB staff to ask BlackBerry for an answer ( good, bad or no comment are all welcome) instead of everyone giving opinions about any given question.

No disrespect, just want to be able to get answers from the source. The forums are full of opinions already.

? We have apks cuz we need 'em not cuz we want 'em ?
    I respect that so Kevin, please ask away

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    03-01-14 09:04 AM
    I think the answer really belongs with Foxconn . I am sure they will make a cheap Tablet if the Z3 sells.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-01-14 09:27 AM
    I would definitely purchase a new "PlayBook" to either replace my iPad, or maybe even run along side of it for various tasks.

I doubt they will attempt to break into that market again as it was a utter failure last time, and for the simple fact that I think we're going to start to see the tablet market almost merge completely into the phablets we see more of today. I could be wrong after all its only speculation at this point

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:54 AM
    I would buy a BB10 OS tablet with decent specs (and be able to sideload android apps) on it

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:27 AM