When I try and get online via the Blackberry, I keep getting the error message "Uncaught exception: invisible node cannot be made current". Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here? Would this be why I can't use the phone as a modem even though I followed the steps outlined on this site to the "T".

Thanks!
    09-19-08 02:31 PM
    09-19-08 02:43 PM
    'Uncaught Exception' is generated by a program bug - it should never happen in a well written program, regardless of what goes wrong. Which OS version are you using?

If you want to resolve it the choices are either
    (a) Upgrade your OS to one which doesn't have the bug
    (b) If its a Beta version and reproducible, report the bug to RIM (and steps to reproduce) so the developers can fix it
    09-19-08 02:46 PM
    The answer is in the link sunkast posted.

Email yourself a link to Google, open the link and you should get a Browser start without the error.

Press Menu / Options / Browser Configuration. Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Use Current button.

Close and reopen the Browser. If it worked, you will no longer see the error message.

09-19-08 02:58 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The answer is in the link sunkast posted.

Email yourself a link to Google, open the link and you should get a Browser start without the error.

Press Menu / Options / Browser Configuration. Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Use Current button.

Close and reopen the Browser. If it worked, you will no longer see the error message.

09-19-08 02:59 PM
    Thanks everyone for responding

Tm
    09-19-08 03:10 PM
    Doesn't alter the fact that its a bug and 'uncaught exception' means sloppy programming because it should all be wrapped in a try/catch type construction. In fact it could be a Sun JVM bug rather than RIM, but its still a bug. Fortunately there's a workaround.
    09-19-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD