I recently joined the BlackBerry world and would like to somehow "connect" my the address book on my computer with the contacts on my BlackBerry now. I'm using Slackware 13.0 with KDE and have all my contacts in KDE's KAddressbook. Anyone out there who managed to get these two to work together?
    11-20-09 04:32 PM
    The closest I've ever come to what you're wanting is using the google sync app on the phone to keep the calendar and contacts synced with the Google Calendar and contacts (caution: some users have had poor results with contacts sync), then syncing the Google calendar and contacts with Mozilla Thunderbird with the Lightning extension. You can do the same with Evolution, but I don't like to use it.

I have little to no experience with KDE, so I can't directly answer your question. I hope this gives you a lead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 06:10 PM
    I'll second jbs' suggestion. There are a couple of applications in progress for syncing blackberries in linux - bberry and berry for all if I recall correctly. I haven't followed their progress in over a year so I'm not really sure where they stand now. I never had luck with them except for using berry for all to tether with. I have had fairly good luck with google sync getting my blackberry contacts to sync with google, then syncing that with thunderbird. I do have a fairly static contacts list however. Google calendar doesn't play nice with recurring appointments on the BB. Sorry for rambling but hope I was able to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks guys! I decided to go and import my contacts into Google and use Google Sync as mentioned to sync to my BlackBerry. I think I'm gonna drop the requirement of a local address book and stick with Google...
    11-22-09 01:52 AM
    I use barry | Net Direct Inc. to sync my blackberry to my KDE PIM. It will install with Kontact, Evolution, Thunderbird etc. I compiled and installed myself, but most distro's have it in their repositories these days. I don't use Slackware myself, but I imagine somebody in their online community can help you install it if you need help.
    11-22-09 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD