Hey everyone,

I just set up an gmail account because I wanted to pull all my different accounts together. I had like 4 of them running on my blackberry at once and I wanted to just have one inbox that was able to separate the accounts.

I saw (I think) that gmail can do this, so I decided to give it a shot. My question is. Does it automatically push my emails from the different accounts right to the gmail I have set up on my blackberry? Or is is like an update thing? I set it up about an hour ago but I haven't received any emails yet so I was just curious.

Thanks
    04-23-09 11:42 AM
    It should automatically push them all, you could send yourself an email to find out.
    04-23-09 11:52 AM
    It should automatically push them all, you could send yourself an email to find out.
    I tried but nothing is coming through yet.

I even subscribed to this thread, getting instant emails and I didn't get an email for you reply
    04-23-09 11:55 AM
    HHmmm, did you set it up on the device or through the BIS interface online?
    04-23-09 11:59 AM
    HHmmm, did you set it up on the device or through the BIS interface online?
    Through the device. I deleted all the email accounts on my device and I installed the gmail account after I set up the gmail on my computer to fetch from my other accounts.
    04-23-09 12:09 PM
    Here is a very comprehensive break down of how to set-up your GMail account.
    You do have to set it up in your BIS

Click here
    04-23-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks a lot. I'll check that out in better detail when I get back to my computer.

Also I noticed that gmail has an app. Is it better to go through bis or use the gmail app? It seems like my entire inbox is there not just new messages so would that eat up memory?

Thanks again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:05 PM
    The folowing is a reply I made in a previous thread...

What I find to be the best thing about Push email service is the way every contact in the address book is integrated with physical address, email address, multiple phone #, PIN, whatever. Open address book...select contact...choose what to do...i.e.: Call, sms, mms, email, text, map them/get directions. I feel it also integrates email attachment downloads more seamlessly into the device. I'm a big fan of all things google, but like the way the push service really hammers everything home! The only time I really log into the gmail app, or my computer for that matter, is for really large attachments, or to find deleted items or report something as spam.
    Hope this helps

I've used gmail for a couple years now, and have used it with multiple email accounts that I have. Once I added my gmail account to my BlackBerry, I get all the emails that I would get as if I were logging in on a computer. The above describes why I prefer the push email over the application.

Marc \m/
    04-23-09 10:00 PM
    Isn't there a time delay with the app? I don't have my labels and whatnot with the push service, but I get the e-mails immediately, which is the most important thing to me.
    04-23-09 10:19 PM
    Through the device. I deleted all the email accounts on my device and I installed the gmail account after I set up the gmail on my computer to fetch from my other accounts.

Did you enable IMAP in GMail?
    04-23-09 10:25 PM
    Thank you very much for all the helpful replies

It seems to be working ok now. I've been getting emails throughout the rest of the afternoon and evening since I posted this. Hopefully all my emails are coming through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD