You should add:

Android Fanboy: Watches the two arguing and laughs at both.
    Lol, check Engadget, every phone post ends with iPhone and Android advocates fighting each other. Fun to watch.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 03:38 PM
    If you want to get into specifics that barely anyone cares about be my guest, but the fact is people buy phones based on user experience and branding. For one, this is the first phone with a completely different UI vs the typical competition. This speaks for itself more than fancy microchips and processors because most people DO NOT CARE let alone understand what you are talking about. Now to summarize this, I'm coming from an iphone 4s and have had this phone for less than a week. It is better than any other phone I have ever had or tried.The keyboard is predicting every thing I'm typing as I'm typing this. I don't care about spec's. If you tried this phone for a few days you would understand that spec's don't mean anything either.

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    03-03-13 03:42 PM
    Why would the android fanboy watch the 2 and laugh? In my opinion if I want a fast good looking car with all the bells and whistles ill go out and buy a Ferrari (z10) and it will be fast good looking and everything I need from the time I leave the lot. Now on the other hand if I want to customize a car to do everything the Ferrari does and how it looks, I'll go out and buy a Pontiac fiero (enter android phone here) and buy kits to make it look like a Ferrari. Which would you rather own? Lmao just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    Z10 - Ferrari? LMAO

What exactly makes it a Ferrari? The fact that it sells just a tiny fraction of what Pontiac used to make?

I am not trying to belittle the Z10. But it indeed does not offer anything that midrange and high-end Androids cannot do. Sans the UI.
    Really you believe the Z10 does something that Android can not... and you believe the parts that make up the spec sheat is better than the top tier Android.. You must be delusional. Or should I post links to the Z10 spec sheet and some top tier Android phones spec sheet and see what one is the ferrari.
    Lmao, let me guess? You have an android device? Typical replay, better specs does not always mean better product. Specs, specs and more specs that's all I hear. What specs are you saying make it faster, better and more efficient? In actual real world use? I don't know about you or anyone else for that matter but out of the box z-10 is a better phone FOR ME. And unless you want to sit in the basement rooting your phone downloading **** to make your phone better/faster than what you can get already out of the box in a z10. And an Os has much to do with performance than you think. So in my opinion (which I have I right to) z10 is the Ferrari.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and ddlax22 like this.
    Lmao, let me guess? You have an android device? Typical replay, better specs does not always mean better product. Specs, specs and more specs that's all I hear. What specs are you saying make it faster, better and more efficient? In actual real world use? I don't know about you or anyone else for that matter but out of the box z-10 is a better phone FOR ME. And unless you want to sit in the basement rooting your phone downloading **** to make your phone better/faster than what you can get already out of the box in a z10. And an Os has much to do with performance than you think. So in my opinion (which I have I right to) z10 is the Ferrari.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure Android phones are slow out of the box and somehow offer you an inferior experience? That's the misconception that most people seem to have. Legacy of pre-Jelly Bean Android phones, I suppose.

Android is now very very snappy and way more mature feature-wise than BB10 (which is kinda expected given BB10 is a new platform).
    03-03-13 03:49 PM
    I can not wait until Anandtech comparisons with the Z10 are published.
    We will have an unbiased look at which phone is faster more powerful, better than the other.
    BCB
    03-03-13 03:58 PM
    Are you happy with your Android device?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 03:58 PM
    I think it funny...duel away boys.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    03-03-13 04:00 PM
    No dueling necessary. I'm happy with my z10 and can't understand why people from different platforms come onto a blackberry enthusiasts site to tell me I shouldn't be happy with it. I'm here to share experiences, learn and ask questions with other z10 owners. If you guys are so happy with your platforms shouldn't you be doing the same?

Posted via CB10
    bahandi likes this.
    03-03-13 04:06 PM
    No dueling necessary. I'm happy with my z10 and can't understand why people from different platforms come onto a blackberry enthusiasts site to tell me I shouldn't be happy with it. I'm here to share experiences, learn and ask questions with other z10 owners. If you guys are so happy with your platforms shouldn't you be doing the same?

Posted via CB10
    Doing what? Spreading misinformation about other platforms?

And to answer your question in your previous post, I currently don't have an Android deice. I am open to any platform and would never claim that one platform is a Ferrari because it's way faster than the competitors without anything to back that up.
    03-03-13 04:08 PM
    Jealous...they are all jealous (with slow browsers). Lol. JK
    Johnny Crack likes this.
    03-03-13 04:09 PM
    Yup that the OP was misinformed when he beat his friends I phone. He just made it up so he can come on CB and spread that misinformation. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    ddlax22 and Lehomer like this.
    03-03-13 04:10 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:11 PM
    Yup that the OP was misinformed when he beat his friends I phone. He just made it up so he can come on CB and spread that misinformation. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    What benchmark did he use? I bet his friend could have gone to one of iPhone formus and said the same:

"I just smoked Z10 in a Sunspider test"
    03-03-13 04:12 PM
    You are aware how sad this all sounds right?
    So the browser is faster.
    That's like someone with a new HTC one comparing raw processor power against your Z10...It doesn't matter that the HTC One would crush the Z10.
    Enjoy your device...champion your device but use some humility. Can't be the best at everything.
    BCB
    No it's doesn't feel sad but you look a little sad.

Sent from my Z10 while my SG3 collects dust.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-03-13 04:13 PM
    You gotta look at how these devices were designed to perform. Let's forget the browser test. Iphone design for the user friendly and pass the time gaming crowd. Android gaming and personalization plus wicked screen sizes for all. BB10 definitely designed around multi tasking and you get all that other stuff with it to a lesser extent. I can't see myself going back to an iphone now.

03-03-13 04:23 PM
    I had a SG3 which is now collecting dust as my Z10 takes over. The fact is people who are not weak minded and ignorant will run out and buy the Z10 and dump their ios and android. This is what happened in Canada as 50% of buyers were from other platforms.
    OK, you, strong-minded and omniscient person, please, enlighten why anybody should dump their perfectly working phones and get the Z10?

I want a list of things that the Z10 can do that others cannot?

Accompanied by a list of things that others can do that the Z10 cannot (just to be fair).

Thank you in advance.
    momark likes this.
    03-03-13 04:26 PM
    OK, you, strong-minded and omniscient person, please, enlighten why anybody should dump their perfectly working phones and get the Z10?

Accompanied by a list of things that others can do that the Z10 cannot (just to be fair).

Thank you in advance.
    Nobody has to dump their existing phone's but some will. It can be as simple as a couple both wanting to communicate off BBM. Companies looking for better security from a phone who's based on security and not from a company who managed to half way work it in the list goes on...

03-03-13 04:35 PM
    OK, you, strong-minded and omniscient person, please, enlighten why anybody should dump their perfectly working phones and get the Z10

Thank you in advance.

K...I'll start.

1) The BB10 platform sure has grabbed everyone's attention and started ALLOT of conversation.

Posted via CB10
    Johnny Crack likes this.
    03-03-13 04:36 PM
    What benchmark did he use? I bet his friend could have gone to one of iPhone formus and said the same:

And if he did, he would be unlikely to encounter BB people in the Apple forum whining ceaselessly about how "unfair" it is.

Those lucky, lucky Apple people. :P
    momark likes this.
    03-03-13 05:17 PM
    And if he did, he would be unlikely to encounter BB people in the Apple forum whining ceaselessly about how "unfair" it is.

Those lucky, lucky Apple people. :P
    Oh yes he will. There are people like bekkay in every forums.

Edit: forgot a word

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sylvaing; 03-03-13 at 09:45 PM.
    03-03-13 05:25 PM

why are you obsessed with sunspider? The internet is more then just java script. Its also more then just HTML5, which is why even we aren't pushing just the html5test site on iPhone users.

An assortment of actual webpages is the best measure of a browser's overall speed. Javascript, HTML5, flash, etc.

Each party has a right to choose a few sites for each smartphone browser duel.
    ajst222, agp101, 3hb78ftg and 1 others like this.
    03-03-13 05:32 PM
    I just picked up a Z10 on Friday and I also have a Nexus 4. I am surprised at how much faster the Z10 is at browsing even though the Nexus 4 is 'quad core' (which just goes to show you specs aren't everything). Even my brother who has an iPhone (4s though not the 5) was surprised at how fast it was.

In no way does it compare to the browsing on the old phones or Playbooks.

This is with 3G and not even LTE as I didn't have an LTE SIM in it (which is guess is actually more fair since the Nexus 4 is also only 3G).

To be fair though, outside of the speed, in terms of functionality of the browser I find the Z10 lacking features that competitors have. For me, I like Dolphin Browser on Android and that is my browser of choice so far (the stock Android browser being pretty crappy too though on the Nexus 4 they give you Chrome as the stock browser which is a bit better). Swiping from the left to give you all your bookmarks organized the way you want with folders is great... and swiping from the right for other features. Hopefully BlackBerry improves their browser features (at a minimum some decent bookmark organization controls). I'm sure they will though and it is just a question of when.
    03-03-13 05:58 PM
    Same reason several people I know have dumped their iPhones for Galaxies, Lumias, and - yes - Z10s. They were bored and wanted to try something different.

I
    03-03-13 06:11 PM
    why are you obsessed with sunspider? The internet is more then just java script. Its also more then just HTML5, which is why even we aren't pushing just the html5test site on iPhone users.

An assortment of actual webpages is the best measure of a browser's overall speed. Javascript, HTML5, flash, etc.

Each party has a right to choose a few sites for each smartphone browser duel.
    Exactly my point
    03-03-13 06:12 PM
183 ... 23456 ...