Hello All! I have been on, and love blueapple.mobi for the free videos. Does anyone know a website where you can download free songs?? Thanks in advance!
    06-24-08 11:54 AM
    Use Limewire or something like that to DL them to your computer then use the desktop manager to transfer them to your Berry.
    06-24-08 11:59 AM
    I know websites where you can download free music... and they are all illegal.

That is a question for a different type of forum, not really CrackBerry!!

Welcome to the community
    06-24-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the replies, but are there no websites I can access directly from my BB to download songs for free -like I do with videos from blueapple.mobi?? I am a bit computer illiterate when it comes to USB's and desktop manager!
    06-24-08 12:25 PM
    I do not know of any but desktop manager is very simple to use. You just drag the song and drop it into the correct folder on your phone. If you are planning on putting a lot of songs you should have a SD card.
    06-24-08 12:29 PM
    (I'm an artist so I have a slight problem with piracy and copyright infringement)
    I hear ya.

All the mp3s I use, are from my music collection of purchased cds and lps. (Am I dating myself?)

Plus I like the inserts. I really miss the lps with the great posters and books.

Can't say the same about my kids though. But I warned them that if they keep it up, artists may quit doing concerts. And that would be a crying shame.
    Last edited by frfghtr; 06-24-08 at 02:03 PM.
    06-24-08 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the backup, I was afraid I was being uptight
    Even though I love my job and would do it for free, they still pay me.

Why shouldn't an artist have that same benefit?
    06-24-08 02:11 PM
    Technically all the artists that have "made it big" make most of their money off of their shows.

This is a touchy topic and I am not trying to start a debate and I am not rebutting Jennifer's point at all. I am just making a side statement that a lot of the artists are neutral on music piracy because they think it will get their music to more people, reulting in them getting a better turnout at their live shows!

Either way, piracy is technically wrong... and against the law. I am not making a statement for either side of the argument and I am aiming to remain neutral. I was just stating some other facts as well.

Now, for startup artists and bands trying to start off on the right foot (somewhere in-between), piracy can be devastating.

Either way, these comments were not meant to spark an argument or anything along those lines... and I also agree with Jennifer's original statements, etc.
    06-24-08 02:12 PM
    dont' know bout full songs..think bmcclure right..but CB has alot of tones
    06-24-08 03:06 PM
    This post wasn't at all to advicate FOR or AGAINST piracy of music. I was simply wondering if there was a site available for downloading free songs directly from my blackberry. It is funny, however, that it seems downloading free music videos and free ringtones is suddenly acceptable, but downloading free songs isn't...
    07-01-08 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the replies, but are there no websites I can access directly from my BB to download songs for free -like I do with videos from blueapple.mobi?? I am a bit computer illiterate when it comes to USB's and desktop manager!
    I don't know if this will help you or not. Try myxertones.com its free the only thing that charges u is data when you go online, it send you a txt in the txt theres a link you go to the link to download the song..
    07-01-08 01:12 PM
    I hear ya.

All the mp3s I use, are from my music collection of purchased cds and lps. (Am I dating myself?)

Plus I like the inserts. I really miss the lps with the great posters and books.

Can't say the same about my kids though. But I warned them that if they keep it up, artists may quit doing concerts. And that would be a crying shame.
    FRFGHTR -------> OMG I so remember LP's ---> D**N you brought back memories; hey -- remember the big floor size stereo box!
    07-01-08 01:26 PM
    Well, there are differences. For instance when someone "donates" a ringtone and chooses to allow free download that's their option. Regardless, it doesn't really matter. There are ways around everything and what you do is up to you, not for anyone else to tell you whether its right, wrong or indifferent.
    Here's the only thing worth mentioning: Asking for other CB members to post links that are potentially not legal is frowned upon in the forums because it can get CB in trouble. Aside from that, I'm sure if you did some searching you could find what you were looking for.
    Good Luck.
    -j.
    Once again, my original post included nothing about wanting to download illegal music or discussing piracy, nothing of that sort. Nor was I asking someone to post anything that is or would be illegal. That was not my intention, I do not believe that is a topic to be discussed on this forum or CB's website, as someone previously stated. I am new to CB and BB's in general, didn't think this post would turn into a big discussion on piracy.
    07-01-08 11:27 PM
    Hello All! I have been on, and love blueapple.mobi for the free videos. Does anyone know a website where you can download free songs?? Thanks in advance!
    Google, operamini and a memory card are all your friends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD