Is it just me but am I reading more posts from people converting from other platforms to BB10?
    Also I'm reading more and more positive reviews on other sites especially about the Z30.

Since BlackBerry is ahead of schedule reducing costs, Z3 release this month, sold out stock in India, positive reviews ... I have the feeling they are gaining traction and are in some kind of momentum here.

Gets me exited and confident that they're finally going to deliver and get BB10 into more consumers hands.

Hopefully they can take advantage of the moment and market the shiznitt out of it.

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    04-01-14 04:59 PM
    I have noticed those things too, but there's still so far to go and hundreds (thousands?) more of such tales required for BBRY to be "back."

Only time will tell if this management team will be their first this decade to actually capitalize on opportunities, set and meet aggressive deadlines, and market themselves appropriately.

Here's hoping!
    04-01-14 05:51 PM
    I hope your right but so far all we got is a falling stock.

In fact I hear more and more about carriers that are no longer selling BlackBerry which is worrisome.

Well see the next financials where we stand

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:54 PM
    No marketing, no sales. Chen is saving money and that is reasonable, but so far it looks to me that he gave up on consumer market. I would love to see my friends rock BlackBerry, but they don't believe me that BBs are good, because no advertisement has told them so.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:59 PM
    Perceived sentiment doesn't matter. Sales amounts do
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-01-14 06:00 PM
    The Z3 needs to be a success. I hope BlackBerry indonesia makes a huge thing out of it. Maybe give out freebies for the first 10k customers like special indonesian BBM stickers or something.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-01-14 06:14 PM
    Maybe they've turned a corner but it's too early to tell right now .
    04-01-14 06:16 PM
    If we compare how company was back in the summer, things are looking great. Chen seems to have a plan and knows what he is doing. Back then everything Kevin said was supper depressing, and Bla1ze was keeping things together. I hope it will keep getting better
    04-01-14 06:35 PM
    The Z3 needs to be a success.
    The Z3 needs to be cheap. Samsung dominates not because all their customers bought S4, but because of all those cheap phones spread among people. Z3 needs to be cheap to get BB10 among people.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:06 PM
    They must put full muscle power behind Z3...it needs to be a massive hit..

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:37 PM
    What troubles me is that carriers are dropping them left and right and chen/bbry doesn't seem to care. How are they supposed to build their user base if it's not possible to buy the phone? I know they are focusing on business users but I didn't think that meant they would be selling to consumers.

Via CBZ10 10.3.1.140 baby
    04-01-14 07:41 PM
    What troubles me is that carriers are dropping them left and right and chen/bbry doesn't seem to care. How are they supposed to build their user base if it's not possible to buy the phone? I know they are focusing on business users but I didn't think that meant they would be selling to consumers.

Only in some parts of the world I believe the carriers are dropping namely NA and canada

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:24 PM
    I'm cautiously optimistic. . . and hopeful, very hopeful. Definately not out of the woods yet. More like, away from the charred ashes of the burned down forest and into a bit of the thicker jungle. . .
    04-02-14 10:26 AM
    Yeah I think you're right. I might have been a little too exited

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    04-02-14 10:46 AM
    BlackBerry will be back, perhaps not to number 1 in the medium term but eventually. Its a fantastic OS and is evolving beautifully.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 04:54 PM
    Agree with the positive sentiment about the future but not so much about the view amongst the general public. Look in the comments sections on mobile/tech sites other than CrackBerry when BlackBerry stories are posted - the mockery and apathy is sad and sobering.

Totally agree that BB have the chance for this to be the dark before the dawn though.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-02-14 04:59 PM
    Only in some parts of the world I believe the carriers are dropping namely NA and canada

Posted via CB10
    EE, one of the biggest carriers in the UK, no BlackBerry's available on contract, bb10 or legacy.
    04-02-14 05:06 PM
    No marketing, no sales. Chen is saving money and that is reasonable, but so far it looks to me that he gave up on consumer market. I would love to see my friends rock BlackBerry, but they don't believe me that BBs are good, because no advertisement has told them so.

Posted via CB10
    He's being selective and cautious with the consumer. Z3 is not a sign of giving up with the consumer.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-02-14 05:31 PM
    Perceived sentiment doesn't matter. Sales amounts do
    Perceived sentiment and perception has the potential to increase sales. Bad BlackBerry sentiment and perception is among the things that got them in the position they're in to begin with.
    TgeekB, boeingrules and Elite1 like this.
    04-02-14 07:19 PM
    BlackBerry will be back, perhaps not to number 1 in the medium term but eventually. Its a fantastic OS and is evolving beautifully.
    Agreed. BlackBerry doesn't need to be number 1. As long as they can be profitable as a niche then they will keep making new devices and OS updates. IMO BlackBerry only needs enough market share so that developers will be motivated to make native apps. Of course even more customers would be even better, but I'm thinking realistically about the near future.

If BlackBerry is profitable and has enough customers to motivate the popular apps to be created on BB10 then I would consider BlackBerry a success.

I believe BlackBerry is headed in the right direction, and I believe they have a good future ahead of them. I would've not said this about the old BlackBerry. This new Blackberry with their new more exciting phones and IMO better BB10 OS than their legacy OS is something to look forward to as the years pass.

I am excited to see the new rumored phones and the improvements to BB10. It does seem to be good exciting times for BlackBerry. People do seem to be genuinely impressed when I show them my phone, so I do believe BlackBerry has the potential to gain a lot more customers.
    04-02-14 08:20 PM

Well with BB10 they aren't reliant on the carriers to operate a BIS like they were with BBOS. Unlocked phones can work just fine (with the exception of Sprint and Verizon). So they can sell unlocked phones to US businesses and tell them they can buy SIM only plans to save money.

I'm with T-Mobile and the news that they are no longer BlackBerry partners isn't going to bother me. I'll buy unlocked phones and use them with them. BlackBerry just need to keep supporting the bands they use.

Is it ideal, no, but BlackBerry put themselves here and must adapt.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:08 AM
    The truth is that for us BlackBerry fans, there is not much to get excited about in the short term.

Chen is trying to stabilize the business but BlackBerry still lost hundreds of millions in cash last quarter.

My hope is that BES12 is a good product and BlackBerry makes a sincere effort to market a high end phone. BlackBerry needs sales and that means it needs hit products. Let's hope they are in the pipeline. Time is really running out.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:33 AM