My first post.

I've just upgraded my 8703e to an 8330 and decided to give Blue tooth another try.

I just received my Jawbone II and have run it through the paces.

Fit is great. Doesn't seem like I'll need the ear loop but for now it's on, I'm using the small bud and the large leather loop.

It took 30 minutes to reach full charge and paring was totally painless.

Incoming audio quality is rock solid and the test subject, one of the fellows I spend a lot of time on the phone with said it sounded much better than my wired headset off of my 8703e. I visited the mens room, went outside where there was a fair amount of ambient noise, and even found some wind funneling between 2 buildings. He didn't notice any noise from the bathroom visit or the traffic and as long as I wasn't turned so the wind was rushing right by the mic he didn't notice it either. Even in the breeze I didn't notice him being cut off like I'm used to with the phone on speaker.

All and all my initial impressions are very positive compared to my experience with as Motorola HS850 (junk) now let's see how well it holds up. The design looks like it won't suffer the woes of the Motorola I tossed out the window a coupla years ago.
    06-06-08 11:07 AM
    I've had a Jawboone 2 for about a week. I bought it for my wife, but try as we did, we could not get it to fit her ear. So she took my Plantronics 510 and left me the Jawbone.

As far as sound performance, I couldn't agree more. It is the best sounding Bluetooth earpiece I've yet tried, especially in noisy environments. That is *if* it fits right.

On the down side - getting it to fit can be difficult and tedious. Worse, if the Jawbone sensor doesn't touch your face the way it's supposed to, the sound can be horrible. Even when it fits right and sounds fantastic, it isn't as comfortable as my 510 - that one I can wear all day and forget it's on.

It's a GREAT earpiece, which is marred by fit problems. If you have extra money and don't mind taking a risk on the fit, give it a try. If it fits, it'll be worth it.
    06-06-08 11:32 AM
    My first post.

I've just upgraded my 8703e to an 8330 and decided to give Blue tooth another try.

I just received my Jawbone II and have run it through the paces.

Fit is great. Doesn't seem like I'll need the ear loop but for now it's on, I'm using the small bud and the large leather loop.

It took 30 minutes to reach full charge and paring was totally painless.

Incoming audio quality is rock solid and the test subject, one of the fellows I spend a lot of time on the phone with said it sounded much better than my wired headset off of my 8703e. I visited the mens room, went outside where there was a fair amount of ambient noise, and even found some wind funneling between 2 buildings. He didn't notice any noise from the bathroom visit or the traffic and as long as I wasn't turned so the wind was rushing right by the mic he didn't notice it either. Even in the breeze I didn't notice him being cut off like I'm used to with the phone on speaker.

All and all my initial impressions are very positive compared to my experience with as Motorola HS850 (junk) now let's see how well it holds up. The design looks like it won't suffer the woes of the Motorola I tossed out the window a coupla years ago.

Thanks for the review. I agree with all of your comments. Three weeks ago, I purchased a JB II from an At&t store and so far, I'm impressed with the sound quality. I tested mine in the car and in a market while shopping. I bent the large leather loop (storing in pocket) within a day or two. The smaller wire loop works best for me. While it is an upgrade from the original JB, I've noticed slight noises from the headset while adjusting for your ear. I'm very gentle with mind because I don't think it's as sturdy as the first maybe due to the material used to make it lighter. My options are open for the ultimate BT - whenever one becomes available. IMHO, so far, JB II is in the lead, followed by z9, and Moto H12 for overal sound quality and clarity. Haven't tried the z9i - yet

Welcome to CB
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-06-08 at 12:03 PM.
    06-06-08 11:41 AM

It's a GREAT earpiece, which is marred by fit problems. If you have extra money and don't mind taking a risk on the fit, give it a try. If it fits, it'll be worth it.
    Not to be argumentative (especially in my second post) but...

Marred by fit problems???

I have large ears but really small canal's, I had to go to Westone UM1's for my ipod and have rarely found any buds that work for me.

The Jawbone dropped right in simply by changing the earpiece and bud provided. It certainly isn't marred for me and I think it provides enough latitude with the supplied fit items to fit most. As far as needing contact to work properly I think that is pretty clearly spelled out and was something I was completely aware of prior to purchase.
    06-06-08 11:50 AM
    Not to be argumentative (especially in my second post) but...

Marred by fit problems???

I have large ears but really small canal's, I had to go to Westone UM1's for my ipod and have rarely found any buds that work for me.

The Jawbone dropped right in simply by changing the earpiece and bud provided. It certainly isn't marred for me and I think it provides enough latitude with the supplied fit items to fit most. As far as needing contact to work properly I think that is pretty clearly spelled out and was something I was completely aware of prior to purchase.
    It's a personal opinion. You do have to spend a little time to get the right earpiece and the ear hook combination. The smaller ear hook works for "me" while in the field wearing sun glasses.
    06-06-08 12:01 PM
    Has anybody tried any stereo BT headphones? I'm thinking on getting one to use with my curve for music. Any suggestions?
    06-06-08 12:14 PM
    Has anybody tried any stereo BT headphones? I'm thinking on getting one to use with my curve for music. Any suggestions?
    I had the Jabra 8010 that worked fine. I usually have a backup for my BT headsets because of my past experiences in "accidental abuse: breaking, stepping/sitting on, or dropping(from pocket) into water.
    06-06-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";