A bb is useless without a BIS / BES
    U can't surf the net, send/receive emails, bbm, facebooking..
    only phone calls, music, camera and sms
    it's up to you. But you better keep your phone unless you decide for a data plan!
    Hope i've helped you ;D
    I actually got a storm 9530 unlocked, working on at&t, with everything working. Internet and all.... And I don't have a BIS. I just got the generic at&t service books, downloaded opera mini, transferred it to my phone, and started surfing. I do have an unlimited family data plan with at&t for ten bucks, and at&t said that I couldn't use the phone with out a BIS.... Hmmm, funny how I'm actually posting this without one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 12:14 PM
    I think the point of having a blackberry is push email and notifications. You receive emails instantly and reply instantly with a full qwerty keyboard. Gets the job done quick, easy, and efficient. Without bis your stuck pulling webmail from the browser.

02-04-10 02:03 PM
    when you pay for the BB it's not only the handset but the Service(BIS) as well. so BB without BIS is pretty useless.
    02-04-10 10:41 PM
    Well I can tell u all it aint that useless. I can do almost anything u guys do w/o bis and don't have to fork over +$30/month for data plan. Once I get skype to work, I don't even need my prepaid voice plan anymore. God it is wonderful living debt free and below ur mean.

02-05-10 07:59 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD