Its not a huge deal, but after ten days the side panels creak when u touch them and the back cover slides around...I have 30 days to exchange it, but will the next one just do the same thing? If this is just going to happen to the next one i'd rather not go through the hassle of redoing all my settings

Also, if I do get a new one, is there an easy way to save all my settings and preferences to transfer to the new one?
    06-02-08 08:22 AM
    You really cant save the settings to transfer them to a new device, but before you buy the next one test it out first and see if it does the same thing. I havent heard of this problem before though unless it was a drop involved.
    06-02-08 08:28 AM
    I had one that did this from Verizon, but the one I have now does not, so I would exchange it.
    06-02-08 08:29 AM
    both bb's i have had were really solid, you just got a bunk one
    i tend to drop things and am known to be really rough on my phones, but bb's seem to be well built (imo)
    06-02-08 09:10 AM
    I have a curve, but a buddy of mine has the pearl and his doesn't do that at all. I have a new account on the boards here, but I have browsed these forums for awhile now, and I haven't read of this being a problem on here. I would take it back and exchange it. As cutdacheck stated, test the new one out at the store before you leave.
    06-02-08 09:12 AM
    I just received my new 8130 - the one I was lucky enough to win from T-Mo The battery cover is really loose and wiggly on mine too. My old 8100 was pretty solid until after I did "the battery pull" a zillion times, but even then, the door was not as loose as this one. I will definitely take it in for a swap. Thanks!

Tamara
    06-02-08 09:49 AM
    There is really no way of predicting whether your next Pearl will have problems. I would say no, just because Blackberries are sturdy, tough little phones. I've never had a problem with mine. However, you cannot transfer your settings and everything to the new phone, unfortunately. You will have to re-run the steup wizard and get set everything up the same way you did on your first phone.
    06-02-08 12:13 PM
    I just received a replacement Pearl from T-Mo due to a defective camera and the side rails creak. It must be a randm Pearl thing because my first one was solid as a rock. I would swap it just to be safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 12:21 PM
    I had an issue with my 8830 (before I got my Curve) where the sides creaked. It was because it wasn't a new phone. I bought it from a kiosk and it didn't have the screen stickers on it, but I was too excited to notice, until a week later. I returned it to the kiosk and went to an actual store and got a Curve brand new (with screen stickers).

Anyway, shouldn't be an issue exchanging and asking to confirm that it's brand spankin new.
    06-02-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD