Hey,

I just bought a bb9700 that was carrier locked to wind mobile.
    The seller supplied me with the device lock password to get passed the lock screen and to update the device. And I obtained the unlock code to remove subsidy lock from wind mobile directly.

now here are my questions...
    I already unlocked the phone using the mepd code.
    I already know the device lock password.

HOW DO I REMOVE THE DAMN PASSWORD SCREEN!?!?!?
    and
    HOW DO I REMOVE ALL WIND CARRIER BRANDING???
    it's really really annoying. this phone auto locks in like 30 seconds.
    when i go into options of the device to change the password i can only apply a new password. the option to disable the password lock is greyed out and has a padlock icon.
    I have a feeling this was a BES previous activated BB and there is an underlying IT policy in place still.
    Second I am with mobilicity and i would like to remove all wind carrier branding. how can i do this? and what does it cost?
    10-15-10 03:10 PM
    You might want to Google search how to remove an IT policy from a blackberry Let me google that for you

And re-branding the device to Mobilicity might render the device bricked. I wouldn't worry about it. Esp if you just got the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 03:17 PM
    You might want to Google search how to remove an IT policy from a blackberry Let me google that for you

And re-branding the device to Mobilicity might render the device bricked. I wouldn't worry about it. Esp if you just got the device.

sorry i should restate that..i don't want to rebrand it. i want to unbrand.
    like make it just a stock rim bb. no logos no carrier software apps. that sorta thing.
    10-15-10 03:19 PM
    sorry i should restate that..i don't want to rebrand it. i want to unbrand.
    like make it just a stock rim bb. no logos no carrier software apps. that sorta thing.
    un-branding/re-branding it's flirting with bricking the device.

10-15-10 03:28 PM
    Carrier applications are easy. but taking the splash screens are different.

10-15-10 03:29 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the branding logos are written into the device. You can remove the vendor xml files from any os. But good luck with the branding. If you find a way let the rest of us know.

10-15-10 04:35 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the branding logos are written into the device. You can remove the vendor xml files from any os. But good luck with the branding. If you find a way let the rest of us know.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=HOW+TO+DEBRAND+A+BLACKBERRY

Google: Take two and call me in the morning.
    Last edited by mjneid; 10-15-10 at 04:53 PM.
    10-15-10 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD