Why BlackBerry: Messaging | BBerryDog

I almost forgot myself.
    Last edited by KoolKeyth5; 07-07-10 at 11:05 PM.
    07-07-10 11:01 PM
    BBM is definitely the biggest reason I still
    have a BlackBerry.

For messaging (aside from bbm), I find the
    my Nexus One (Android) and 3GS/iPhone 4
    to be better for the rest. I use folders/
    labels a lot, so the BB isn't able to provide
    that.
    07-08-10 02:03 AM
    I love my BlackBerry for everything it does. It serves it's purpose very well.
    07-08-10 11:54 AM
    BBM is just a messaging system nothing cool about it. yahoo, gtalk, aim/aol, msn/live, all can do what BBM do.

I really would like the nexus one, but I hear that a version two is in the works
    07-08-10 06:05 PM
    I think BBM Is cool because it's like an exclusive club that not everyone gets to play in. LOL

I love my blackberry just because I do! And I hate anything touch screen so I'm pretty sure it'll be hella hard to lure me away.
    07-08-10 07:05 PM
    BBM is a tiny attraction for me. The e-mail and keyboard keep me around. Customization in terms of apps and wallpaper are added benefits. And the native apps work just fine in my world. Not a bit attracted to those fancy hyped devices. With Google's control of Android apps and Apple in control of their vendors there is even less reason to leave BB and RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 07:14 PM
    BBM is just a messaging system nothing cool about it. yahoo, gtalk, aim/aol, msn/live, all can do what BBM do.

I really would like the nexus one, but I hear that a version two is in the works
    goes gtalk have "d/r" notifaction? I know the others don't I haven't used gtalk since it got out of the labs.

"D/R" notification actually has me sending more BBM than emails to coworkers as no "Thanks" replies or return reciepts are needed as the software does it for you without notification needed. this is SUCH a useful feature of BBM, that and PIN adding is nice over email adding as pins are faster to type or scan than emails.
    07-08-10 07:14 PM
    it is the best phone that meets me lifestyle, period...no Apple or Andriod can do that for me and tried them all...

07-08-10 07:54 PM
    I enjoy BBM but it is not the sole reason i love my bb, i love it for everything it can do, it suits me perfectly, to each their own and the bb is mine
    07-08-10 08:04 PM
    I deleted BBM a long time ago. I already have yahoo and aim and most of my friends are on those. Plus, I don't care to have to type back and forth on my phone even when sitting at my PC infront of a real keyboard.

BBM is good, but not a reason I would not look at another platform.

Last edited by Moonbaseone; 07-08-10 at 08:08 PM.
    07-08-10 08:04 PM
    Blackberry has the right combination of factors for me!
    07-08-10 08:35 PM
    I think BBM Is cool because it's like an exclusive club that not everyone gets to play in
    Tell you what, take a stroll over to the Social Forums and get a load of some
    of those stellar examples of "exclusivity" and then come back and tell me how
    "COOL" BBM is again
    07-08-10 08:39 PM
    Tell you what, take a stroll over to the Social Forums and get a load of some
    of those stellar examples of "exclusivity" and then come back and tell me how
    "COOL" BBM is again
    Then again, we all probably know some guy or gal personally who picks the wrong friends even in everyday life and actually sees these wrong friends regularly.
    07-08-10 08:51 PM
    Think BBM should be extended to include other IM like Yahoo, MSN, Gtalk (at least these 3 with major population) like what it did on BIS to support multiple email platform.

This will probably kill IM+ thou :P
    07-08-10 09:01 PM
    BlackBerry smartphones are cool messaging smartphones. Even though I have an android device now, I still am a big fan if the messaging experience in BlackBerry phones. I loved the keyboards and the easy multitasking. I really never had any complaints about any BlackBerry smartphone that I have owned.

07-08-10 09:19 PM
    I love my BB, e-mail and BBM are what keep me on a BB
    07-08-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD