my sister is now on an 8530 and my dad on an 8330. their contract with alltel finally ended and they made the switch over to Big Red with me. i have spent the last 2 hours setting everything up on the phones up for them but they are definitely enjoying the capabilities so far. i tried to convince my dad to get an 8520 as well, but he didn't feel that he would use any of the added features, and the 8330 was free after rebate. they are both first time blackberry users, so i feel the curves will suit them nicely. after all, my first BB was a curve as well.

side notes:

-VZ has some good deals going! you can't argue with a grand total of $40 spent on two BB's after rebates.
    -VZ is now selling epik cases for their BBs for $13.95
    -I was asked by the manager AND the tech guy if i wanted a job. apparently i must be spending a little bit too much time on crackberry!
    Last edited by SolidOrange; 03-08-10 at 06:55 PM.
    03-08-10 06:27 PM
    Good move. We need to replace a pair of family phones and ATT sent a discount coupon today. I am campaigning for two new BBs, too. We will see...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 07:14 PM
    Yep I'm right there with you, just got my mom and dad off of their sprint contract, moved them to tmobile. Tmobile set them both up with a the new curve 8520, so that's now a total of 3 curves in my household. Nothing like the feel of a brand new blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 07:31 PM
    Just got two 8530's from Sprint yesterday as part of a BOGO deal. I am thoroughly impressed that an "entry level" device can do so much! I have previously used Windows Mobile which had so many less features at 3x the price...

Also, having never used a CrackBerry (and I can now see why they call it that) before, the Sprint Rep was thoroughly impressed with my knowledge of the device. And I was too offered a job...

PS - Did you know that the 853(2)0's can integrate your Facebook Birthdays into the calendar and if your friends list their #'s on fb, their Profile pics get assigned to the contact photo.

Nobody I know that owns a BB knew this.
    03-08-10 07:32 PM
    my sister is now on an 8530 and my dad on an 8330. their contract with alltel finally ended and they made the switch over to Big Red with me. i have spent the last 2 hours setting everything up on the phones up for them but they are definitely enjoying the capabilities so far. i tried to convince my dad to get an 8520 as well, but he didn't feel that he would use any of the added features, and the 8330 was free after rebate. they are both first time blackberry users, so i feel the curves will suit them nicely. after all, my first BB was a curve as well.

side notes:

-VZ has some good deals going! you can't argue with a grand total of $40 spent on two BB's after rebates.
    -VZ is now selling epik cases for their BBs for $13.95
    -I was asked by the manager AND the tech guy if i wanted a job. apparently i must be spending a little bit too much time on crackberry!
    I thought VZW discontinued the 8330?? Nice job nonetheless!
    03-08-10 07:33 PM
    I thought VZW discontinued the 8330?? Nice job nonetheless!
    i think i heard that they did too, but this store still had some in stock. pretty sure that's why it was $99 with a $100 rebate. not many deals on a BB that result in a profit to you! lol.
    03-08-10 08:16 PM
    congrats on the new additions to the "family"
    03-08-10 08:58 PM
    I loved my 8330 when I first bought it. I started out with an S1, but only lasted the length of the trial period. I really got used to RIM and BB with the 8330. If only the battery life on that workhorse could have made it to all the newer BB's... -sigh-
    03-09-10 03:03 AM
    Yup, my entire clan has, bit by bit, gone over to Blackberry! They see my husband and me with our devices and have really wanted them. So now there are a million of us ( slight exaggeration!) with berries on their hips, bags, pockets....
    Congrats on the fam berry expansion!
    03-09-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD