I was thoroughly impressed. My wife and I both said at separate times that we no longer need to buy an iPad. The screen on this thing is gigantic and fast doesn't describe it or do it justice. I may have found the first phone that could possibly tear me away from my BB Tour.

(of course I will probably come back as usual, but I don't know this time)
    06-04-10 01:10 PM
    I have no doubt that it's an impressive phone, I just don't have any interest in leaving BlackBerry, since it works perfectly for what I want it to do.

I hope you're wife enjoys the Evo!
    06-04-10 01:13 PM
    Android forums are that way. --->

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 01:14 PM
    I have no doubt that it's an impressive phone, I just don't have any interest in leaving BlackBerry, since it works perfectly for what I want it to do.

I hope you're wife enjoys the Evo!
    Yea, like I said, I'm kinda with you there, it was just impressive holding it and seeing that screen in front of you.

No doubt HTC came through on this one, but I do love my BB.

It's just that moment where you have that bright shiny new toy in front of you, in a few days it will lose its luster
    06-04-10 01:15 PM
    Android forums are that way. --->

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thats funny!!!

congrats to your wife. hope she is happy with it.
    What does this have to do with blackberry?
    because I have a blackberry and am loyal blackberry, but I'm being drawn away, just looking for some support I guess

my apologies
    06-04-10 01:17 PM
    Nothing at all.
    06-04-10 01:18 PM
    It's just that moment where you have that bright shiny new toy in front of you, in a few days it will lose its luster
    Precisely.
    I sell cell phones for a 3rd party retailer part time, and I remember the other day my boss had me activate a T-Mobile HD2. I started playing around with it, jacking with the web browser, watching some YouTube videos, stuff like that. It was pretty cool, had some nice features on it, the screen was sick, but after about an hour of jacking around with it I got really bored, I found myself cycling thru the menus, tapping here, swiping there... Same thing happened with the Droid, and the BackFlip that we have active, of course the 9700 that's active isn't overly interesting to me, of course I have a BB so it kind of makes that a moot point.
    I think alot of people just jump on the newest thing with no concern that it will work the way that they want it to... Oh well...
    06-04-10 01:27 PM
    because I have a blackberry and am loyal blackberry, but I'm being drawn away, just looking for some support I guess

my apologies
    You're loyal to blackberry yet you just bought new evo's and mentioned in your first post that you'll come back as usual, insisting that you've changed before

Apparently you don't know what loyalty is.
    06-04-10 01:27 PM
    You're loyal to blackberry yet you just bought new evo's and mentioned in your first post that you'll come back as usual, insisting that you've changed before

Apparently you don't know what loyalty is.
    I guess I should have specified, but I bought it for my wife as a birthday present, she's an android person
    06-04-10 01:36 PM
    I wasn't aware that one has to be loyal to a device that has so many problems, to the point that they are not permitted to comment that another device may do things better.

I used to drink the RIM kool aid - I got a wake up call. And unlike the OP, I won't be back. The other half still uses a BB that I have to keep up to date on until he ditches it too, and he is ditching it, because it's becoming more and more problematic. For a phone that he's had for a year, there is no excuse for the hardware issues he is having.
    06-04-10 01:41 PM
    Lets move this thread to our Android section
    06-04-10 01:45 PM
    Lets move this thread to our Android section
    got it, getting out

just figured that as a blackberry user, other's may be interested in BB user's reaction to the evo, i apologize
    06-04-10 01:55 PM
    you expect die core BB boys to think of anything better then a BB? BB are old unstable and losing to android welcome to the new world. Battery Pulls each day is not stabilty. My moment has been new to me each day since I got and yet to this day i cant get enough of it . BB's always the same old look feel and boring results.
    Last edited by Jo_795; 06-04-10 at 03:04 PM.
    06-04-10 02:59 PM
    We love Android, we have a special section dedicated to it on the Forum

EDIT: I thought about getting the EVO myself, but I'm locked in to a verizon contract and I'm not a Sprint fan. I MAY make a bigger effort to switch to ATT and the 9800 Slider when that comes out, BUT I don't like the new ATT rates . So I'm not so sure.
    06-04-10 03:13 PM

EDIT: I thought about getting the EVO myself, but I'm locked in to a verizon contract and I'm not a Sprint fan. I MAY make a bigger effort to switch to ATT and the 9800 Slider when that comes out, BUT I don't like the new ATT rates . So I'm not so sure.
    That slider looks cool
    06-04-10 03:18 PM
    Caveman, What area of the Country do you live. I looked at a coverage map of Sprint and the coverage in Michigan is spotty at best. I was interested in the Evo but I am having a hard time thinking of leaving Verizon.

George
    06-04-10 03:27 PM
    I just bought the Moment just because I need a real keyboard. The EVO looked cool but I must say that my Moment is by far much better than my 8530. Wow....the EVO probably the same. As far as Sprint goes....the plans are much cheaper than the others and I have not had a coverage problem although not lived in Michigan...although one gripe about Sprint is 4g roll out I live in Sacramento, the capital of the biggest state in the country and we are not even on the list yet San Francisco is getting it by the end of the month i guess till your in a 4g area you can't truly experience the EVO i imagine...
    06-04-10 03:39 PM
    interested in the evo 4g....priced out the sprint plan and it was $65 plus tax...24% employee discount....tempted to try it for awhile but enjoying the n1, averaging 2.9mbs
    06-04-10 03:40 PM
    although one gripe about Sprint is 4g roll out I live in Sacramento, the capital of the biggest state in the country and we are not even on the list yet
    I don't think Sprint makes their 4G rollout decisions based on politics - why should Sacramento be a priority over San Francisco and Los Angeles?
    06-04-10 04:06 PM
    you expect die core BB boys to think of anything better then a BB? BB are old unstable and losing to android welcome to the new world. Battery Pulls each day is not stabilty. My moment has been new to me each day since I got and yet to this day i cant get enough of it . BB's always the same old look feel and boring results.
    Battery pulls every day should never happen, there is no reason for it.

To the OP, what is the battery life like versus your wife's usage patterns? I am very vurious about this.
    06-04-10 06:18 PM
    interested in the evo 4g....priced out the sprint plan and it was $65 plus tax...24% employee discount....tempted to try it for awhile but enjoying the n1, averaging 2.9mbs
    I am very skeptical about 4G for now. Here's something from an interesting article I read:

"There's an important caveat to the claim that 4G will be faster, as well. It will definitely be faster than the 3G networks of Sprint and Verizon Wireless � about four times faster, initially. But the other two national carriers, AT&T and T-Mobile, are upgrading their 3G networks to offer data-transfer speeds that will actually be higher than the speeds 4G networks will reach this year or next."

And the link is to the article in full: The Associated Press: 4G wireless: It's fast, but outstripped by hype
    06-04-10 06:21 PM

You do realize that AT&T's new data rates are probably better for you? BlackBerry's dont use anywhere near the 200MB limit of the $15 plan (for most all but the heavy corporate users) so you could get away with saving $15.
    06-04-10 08:08 PM
    i dont even care about the 4g but man i have to say the EVO looks good and very snappy nice looking toy
    06-04-10 08:08 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD