Blackberry ripening delayed by wet spring
    Blackberries fruiting at record late time of the year | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Well There you have it! it's due to the weather

RIM had better make sure that they don't delay too long becuase according to the
    above article if they are plucked too late, they will be over-ripe & loose their crisp taste.

Rumour has it that Apple season is starting on September 21st
    08-01-12 01:46 PM
    They are working hard so the BlackBerrys have the quality of those cultivated in Biblical times.

We think of blackberries as sometimes being wild fruits. How were they cultivated during Bible days?

Back then they were exactly that - native to the region but growing wild and not yet domesticated. And think of how thorny they were, nothing like what we cultivate today. The berries would have been much smaller than what is available today. I have thornless blackberries in my garden, but I still like to go along the woods and railroad tracks and gather wild blackberries like you did when you were a child. The wild berries remind me more of the Biblical berries and when you have to work a bit to get them, they are so much tastier. Blackberries were included as part of the Bible meal and certainly a seasonal treat.
    Conversations with Brian: Blackberries a treat in Bible days and the best summer blackberry buckle | Cooking with Rita
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    08-01-12 01:52 PM
    Hehe a good find OP.

They should have had this article to hand at the AGM.

Thanks for sharing.
    08-01-12 02:38 PM
    haha you can't compare Apples and Berries!
    08-02-12 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD