Fresh from The Jakarta Post:

...But I am actually more focused on market share. I want to increase our market share.... [/url]
    This one needs a longtime strategy, strong retail presence and focus on consumer market. is it Foxcon's role?
    06-10-14 05:34 PM
    Give me a BlackBerry phablet! As big if not bigger than my samsung note 2!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 06:34 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Like Chen very much and if he can execute as he says this will be a major turnaround for BlackBerry!!!

Right guy in charge!!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 07:23 PM
    The guys over at UTB did a nice write up on this article. Especially looking at the 1 million statement.
    John Chen – ‘I Hope To Sell Over 1 Million BlackBerry Z3′s In Indonesia’ | UTB Blogs

Imagine 1 million Z3's sold in Indonesia alone!
    That would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    Read the actual article. He didn't say 1 million in Indonesia. He meant 1 million Z3s.
    06-10-14 09:26 PM
    Read the actual article. He didn't say 1 million in Indonesia. He meant 1 million Z3s.

And so it begins... the revising and reinterpreting of BB's statements to suit the reality of the situation.

I did read the article. Chen is speaking to an Indonesian newspaper about events in Indonesia. In that context the sales aspiration of 1M Z3's in Indonesia is clear. Now that isn't going to happen overnight, and won't be achieved with a phone that has only been available for a few weeks... but Chen wasn't pitching that 1M figure as some kind of global Z3 target or including as yet speculative Z3 rollouts elsewhere.
    06-11-14 02:04 AM
    Mr. Chen sometimes can sound like an charlatan.
    06-11-14 02:14 AM
    I believe JC want to create a momentum before ER next week. Positive news. That's definitely a CEO's job.

On the numbers he is hoping, that is surely a reflection of what they would have done in Indonesia with Z3.

On the phablet, he is tickling those rumor mills.

Good job done JC!
    06-11-14 03:51 AM
    And so it begins... the revising and reinterpreting of BB's statements to suit the reality of the situation.

I did read the article. Chen is speaking to an Indonesian newspaper about events in Indonesia. In that context the sales aspiration of 1M Z3's in Indonesia is clear. Now that isn't going to happen overnight, and won't be achieved with a phone that has only been available for a few weeks... but Chen wasn't pitching that 1M figure as some kind of global Z3 target or including as yet speculative Z3 rollouts elsewhere.
    OK, I re read the article. Yea, could be read both ways I suppose. So when he says he'll launch a phablet, is that for Indonesia only as well then?
    06-11-14 04:12 AM
    OK, I re read the article. Yea, could be read both ways I suppose. So when he says he'll launch a phablet, is that for Indonesia only as well then?
    As part of the interview wrapping up, Chen is asked about the future for BB devices, which most would agree is a global question. In the context of that, a BB phablet - if it ever comes- is unlikely to appear only in Indonesia.
    Reading Chen's response, it's clear (at least to me ) that Chen is merely thinking aloud and any phablet or tablet is a long way from becoming reality. he's floating the idea to see if there's any positive reaction IMO.
    06-11-14 04:38 AM
    The phablet will be a Samsung Note using technology that is 2 years old. Samsung has the best phablet out there, for BlackBerry to make a dent in the market they need to produce a device that is about the same or is better than the Note 4 will be (it's released in September).
    06-16-14 11:40 AM
    The phablet will be a Samsung Note using technology that is 2 years old. Samsung has the best phablet out there, for BlackBerry to make a dent in the market they need to produce a device that is about the same or is better than the Note 4 will be (it's released in September).
    No doubt about that. Hopefully this new phablet will be a beast in terms of its specs.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-17-14 02:59 AM
61 123