I have downloaded jivetalk and am using the free trial. When I use it, it causes the internet to slow way down. I know this isn't really unexpected since it uses the same data pathways, but even after I force shutdown on jivetalk, my internet still runs very slow. Any advice. I really like jivetalk, but I don't like that it slows the web down so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 11:37 AM
    It doesn't sound like it's a JiveTalk issue, especially given you have the problem after JiveTalk isn't running.

More likely, it's a memory issue, and due to garbage collection (memory reclaimation) taking time even after an application shuts down, I'd suspect you have a low memory condition.

Press ALT-NUM-H, and see what the "File Free" bytes are, BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER shutdown of JiveTalk.

If you are low on memory, it may be because you have sent applications to the background, rather than terminated them, so they are still running, slowing things down. Push ALT-ESC to bring up the task-switch dialog, and scroll to see what applications are running in the background, and close any (there are like 5 you can't remove from this list), you don't need to free up memory. Or, just reboot with SHIFT-ALT-DEL, which will clear RAM.

Did this help?
    05-16-08 12:39 PM
    Ok, I realized early on that just hitting the 'end' button didn't shut down the program, so I began going to menu and shutting down the program.

Before I open jivetalk I have about 16.5 megs free.

My reasoning for thunking it is something other than memory(although I could be wrong) is that in the browser the request bar goes out but I never get a loading when the slowdown is happening.

A couple questions
    When I do a battery pull, does it clear the browser history?

I have heard a lot about a memory leak, could this be affecting this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD