I'm amazed. I bought Jive Talk for my Curve a couple of weeks ago. My Curve was stolen this week. I tried to download and use my PAID for copy of Jive Talk on my new Curve and Bee Jive claims I can't because my copy isn't transferable.

I emailed them several times and have received no response.
    11-10-07 07:44 AM
    well they do have multiple versions

19.99 is a single device non_transferrable

29.99 is a user license and is transferable to new BB's one at a time
    11-10-07 08:18 AM
    Hmmm....Deja Vu. You know my opinion already. Read those license agreements. I would chalk it up to making a mistake and purchase the $29 license this time.
    11-10-07 11:42 AM
    I am ripping my brains out trying to understand. Why even offer the single license anyway? Anything can happen, as it did, so a company should make a transferable license standard. Sorry to hear that ez.
    11-10-07 12:25 PM
    I agree with that. They really only need the $29 license. They did it to offer a less expensive license, though.
    11-10-07 12:50 PM
    I think it makes sense that they offer both! If you want the cheaper option you risk having to buy it again if something happens to your phone or you upgrade! You chose the cheaper option and are now paying for it.
    11-10-07 12:54 PM
    At least you can transfer the license to your new BB. I think it is like $10 to do the transfer, so you would only be back up to the higher-priced license anyway.
    02-04-10 07:42 AM
    this thread is 2 years old
    02-04-10 02:27 PM
    this thread is 2 years old
    I was thinking the same thing. Why did someone bump it up. How many pages of discussions did they have to go through to find this lol
    02-04-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD