I just got my Jawbone. Well. I bought my Jawbone when I got my 8330 last weekend (after having switched from the 8830). I promptly (PROMPTLY) lost it. Like, got out of the store, sat on the sidewalk to try to pair it, realized I needed to charge it for two hours (cus why read the instructions when I have a new device?!), went home and realized I had every piece of packaging and accessory, with the exception of the actual Jawbone itself.

Some tears later, I bought a new one (both were at a discount, so I got two for the price of one, which would typically be a good deal... not in this situation).

Well, as I'm looking up Jawbone stuffs cus I'm all giddy about finally having it, I stumble across this on their website:

I WANT. I WANT SO BAD. I looked at my (comparatively larger) Jawbone in disgust. I mean. I still love it. But LOOOOOK!!!:

Gold. GOLD!

I think I will be upgrading...

(notice how I don't have a word about specs or performance... just about how it looks? yeah, that's cus that's how I roll )
    05-23-08 11:00 PM
    I almost bought the older model but decided against it. Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it since there already is a newer model. lol Now the wait continues... for the sillver one.
    05-23-08 11:15 PM
    I bought one (at discount) looks wasn't my goal, it was "the great noice reduction", callers seemed to hear me clearer but the sound on my end was too low. Then after first charge it would not recharge, I returned and await my exchange. All in all so far.........not that impressed
    05-24-08 03:14 AM
    I love my old Plantronics 510. Still waiting for a headset with great wind reduction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 11:56 AM
    i bought the jawbone 2, it's AWESOME!! i actually prefer the black one so i'm glad that color came out first. it is so small and light i forget i'm wearing it. in fact, i pulled out my phone to dial it today and jumped when i heard ringing in my ear from the jawbone, lol!
    05-24-08 01:24 PM
    I'm insanely jealous, KMC. I need gold, though.
    05-24-08 01:34 PM
    I bought one (at discount) looks wasn't my goal, it was "the great noice reduction", callers seemed to hear me clearer but the sound on my end was too low. Then after first charge it would not recharge, I returned and await my exchange. All in all so far.........not that impressed
    Sounds like you got a whacked out one. Let us know how your replacement piece is.
    05-24-08 01:35 PM
    I got one too that I'm using on my 8310. Overall I love the jawbone 2 but as others have mentioned the incoming call quality is not great at all. It sounds over processed and hollow but the outgoing call quality makes up for this 10 fold. I can be in a loud store or even outside and people don't even know I'm on my blue tooth. It actually sounds better than my handset in all locations.
    05-27-08 07:03 PM
    Goldie, with those eyes.........I will buy you one !
    05-27-08 09:34 PM
    Goldie, with those eyes.........I will buy you one !
    There would be a long line Here's a tip for the Jawbone II: Bypass the two larger ear hooks. The smaller two (of the four) hooks will work great. Also, try the Jabra softgel ear pieces for a snug fit in your ear- whether you use the ear hooks or not. The Jawbone II is lighter. I'll still rotate between my Moto, H12, z9 and Jawbone II. I'm just waiting to see which one will bite the dust first.
    05-27-08 09:51 PM
    I wasn't even really interested in getting a bluetooth headset until I saw the Jawbone II. Then I saw the video on the site about the noise reduction and I was pretty much sold!

...still haven't gotten one yet, though....
    05-27-08 09:54 PM
    I got the Moto H12 and its eh ok.
    I will get the Jawbone II when I get my BB Bold (hopefully in July when its to be released)
    05-27-08 10:05 PM
    Has anyone noticed if the volume on the Jawbone II is any louder than the older version. Love my Jawbone, but wish the volume was louder when the Noise cancelling kicks on in.

06-05-08 11:57 AM
    I've been through a drawer full of headsets until now.

Whenever my wife and I would talk to each other (each w/ a bluetooth), it got me so frustrated with the skipping and cut-outs our conversations were filled with "what?" and "I didn't get that - what did you say?"

We both now have the Jawbone 2. CRYSTAL clear. People don't know I'm on a headset, let alone a bluetooth one. Volume on my end is great, even with volume turned down via the BB.

Worth the $129 each.
    06-05-08 01:20 PM
    Those two videos sold me! Now, is there anywhere I can get them for less than $129?

Sam
    06-06-08 03:49 PM
    Bought Jawbone 2 but have one issue.
    In my ear the voices sound too enhanced, lot of vibration.
    Is this my Curve or the Jawbone? I can't get clear sound.
    Any ideas, I love the look & fit
    Thanx
    06-06-08 10:55 PM
    I've been through a drawer full of headsets until now.

Whenever my wife and I would talk to each other (each w/ a bluetooth), it got me so frustrated with the skipping and cut-outs our conversations were filled with "what?" and "I didn't get that - what did you say?"

We both now have the Jawbone 2. CRYSTAL clear. People don't know I'm on a headset, let alone a bluetooth one. Volume on my end is great, even with volume turned down via the BB.

Worth the $129 each.
    When I read the part about the "drawer full of headsets," I laughed because I have the same situation.

California's laws are changing in a couple of weeks and it will be illegal after July 1st to drive and talk with a cell phone in your hand. I've never been impressed with the Bluetooth systems in cars. I've been ok with the Motorola H700 but lately I've been noticing a lot of static on it (it's over a year old now).

I'll try your recommendation and see if the Jawbone 2 works for my needs.
    06-11-08 06:46 PM
    theres bids on ebay as low as 86 but we all kno that dont last long lol. but yea the buy it now on ebay is 130 on them. sucks . im not payin that yet. mabey in 6 months when the price/demand goes down.
    06-12-08 01:30 AM
    My jawbone just bit the dust after a little over 2 years. I bought mine when they first hit detroit area. Paid $199.99 + tax. Couple of weeks later went down to $119.99. A little ticked ( no price adj.) But loved it and used it all day long. If I had my phone. I had my bone. Gotta get the bone 2. This time gonna wait till aug. or sept. Betcha price come down. Gotta ask is it better than the original or what? All feedback wanted from those who used both. Lots of dough to shell out for something if it ain't better than the original. I got a fat head anyway so the original didn't look that big on my wrecking ball melon. ( At least that's what wife says ... After she bought my last brainbucket)

06-12-08 03:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD