I had to ditch my 2nd gen. Jawbone after it stopped working with my Blackberry Pearl a year ago.

Fast-forward: I now have a Curve, and just bought a Jawbone Prime. Worked fine for a few days; now it won't. The connection SAYS it's on. The blue light flashes on the Curve. But there is no interface. I've tried resetting (turn headset on/off) .. rebooting phone. Nada.

Does anyone else have problems with the Aliph product?
    06-03-09 09:40 PM
    I had to ditch my 2nd gen. Jawbone after it stopped working with my Blackberry Pearl a year ago.

Fast-forward: I now have a Curve, and just bought a Jawbone Prime. Worked fine for a few days; now it won't. The connection SAYS it's on. The blue light flashes on the Curve. But there is no interface. I've tried resetting (turn headset on/off) .. rebooting phone. Nada.

Does anyone else have problems with the Aliph product?

Lol, after two Jawbone II (the second was a replacement), I went back to my "original Jawbone- Which is a lot easier to reset using the earpiece. I usually deleted and paired the JBII with my BlackBerry whenever I had issues. I was about to get the Jawbone Prime - yesterday. I'll wait for some more CB "addicted" feedback before I get it.
    06-03-09 09:51 PM
    Well, the quality was great -- I thought -- I could actually use it in my car (which has a LOT of road noise). But if I can't get the damn thing to work consistently, I may just send it packing!
    06-03-09 09:52 PM
    Well, the quality was great -- I thought -- I could actually use it in my car (which has a LOT of road noise). But if I can't get the damn thing to work consistently, I may just send it packing!
    Don"t give up yet. What was he response from Aliph? BTW, it took awhile to get the original paired with my BOLD. If I get any information, I'll post or send you a pm.
    06-03-09 09:57 PM
    Don"t give up yet. What was he response from Aliph? BTW, it took awhile to get the original paired with my BOLD. If I get any information, I'll post or send you a pm.
    One possibility: My JB is low and needing a charge. I HOPE that is the issue. I'm charging, and will try again -- and then update this.
    06-03-09 10:02 PM
    Okay. I charged it and no go .. then I deleted it and re-paired it, and it works.

Ugh, I don't want to have to do this all the time.
    06-03-09 10:24 PM
    Yeah, I may take a look at the new Plantronics Pro Bluetooth
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-03-09 at 10:36 PM.
    06-03-09 10:31 PM
    Yeah, I may take a look at the new Plantronics Pro Bluetooth
    I'd read that's a good one. I'll look at it as well.

Thanks
    06-03-09 10:33 PM
    I'd read that's a good one. I'll look at it as well.

Thanks

FYI:

Plantronics Voyager Pro Headset reviews - CNET Reviews

Excellent review
    06-03-09 10:34 PM
    I love the Jawbone design. But, I started with Plantronics and have been waiting for them to step it up.
    06-03-09 10:37 PM
    Thanks for the link. D*mn, it's definitely bigger. But, IMO, if it works and is comfortable, I may get it.
    06-03-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the link. D*mn, it's definitely bigger. But, IMO, if it works and is comfortable, I may get it.
    Oh yeah, it is. And that appears to be a deal-breaker for some users.

But if it works ..
    06-03-09 11:07 PM
    Oh yeah, it is. And that appears to be a deal-breaker for some users.

But if it works ..
    Ordering it from the CB Store- now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 11:09 PM
    I still use my old Plantronics Voyager 520.

Getting a bit dated, but dayum it's a reliable device.

06-04-09 01:20 AM
    usually any problems with bluetooth unpairing it "sometimes on both units" phone and headset will fix it

this becomes sometimes even more of a issue if you try and pair things with a bluetooth enabled car
    06-04-09 03:02 AM
    I've been using my curve with the original jawbone for about 11 months, and never had any problems. I pair both of them with other bluetooth devices and when they get back together they always play nice... No fussing around.

06-04-09 10:15 AM
    Been using the Jawbone II since it first came out with my Bold (got them together) with no issues.

It is by far the best BT I've used thus far and I have 5 or 6.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Jim
    06-04-09 10:20 AM
    I still use my old Plantronics Voyager 520.

Getting a bit dated, but dayum it's a reliable device.

The main issue for me is the comfort fit over the size. After stepping on my JBII and using my original Jawbone- again, I'm looking forward to the new Plantronics.

06-04-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD