With the superbowl on Jan 3, a special superbowl add and a launch the very next day would be sweeeeet!
    I agree. But I'm hoping sooner. To call January 30th "launch" and not "launch announcement" makes it seem like phones should be available within 24 hours, if not that day. Calling it a launch without phones is pretty lame.
    11-13-12 12:43 AM
    I agree. But I'm hoping sooner. To call January 30th "launch" and not "launch announcement" makes it seem like phones should be available within 24 hours, if not that day. Calling it a launch without phones is pretty lame.
    Well sure that would be best but I believe most other platforms have an event and the phones go on sale within a week or 2 after that. Here's hoping!
    I'll be satisfied with Feb 4.
    11-13-12 01:42 AM
    Really the fact that there is even a thread like this is telling. There is of no way RIM couldn't be aware of the feeling of let-down, and delay even it's most ardent fans have. I expect they'll have the phones ready to go expediently.
    11-13-12 01:58 AM
    The BB7 launch happened after devices were available in shops. I had my own 9900 when I attended the London party.
    11-13-12 02:12 AM
    Well sure that would be best but I believe most other platforms have an event and the phones go on sale within a week or 2 after that. Here's hoping!
    I'll be satisfied with Feb 4.
    I've already said that, too. But only if 2/4 is preceded by a huge Super Bowl ad blitz. We're not other platforms that have a strong user base. RIM needs to start the race strong and stay strong. It looks like the management team can do that. But we've had some missteps before. So, I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-13-12 09:46 AM
30 12