I believe that's T-Mobile.
    I mean the advertisement in which the biker is driving across the country (US) and keeps saying the names of each place she is passing through. Isn't this for Verizon Wireless? I know the T-Mobile advertisement to which you are referring.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    01-02-13 01:11 PM
    All I want is " Can your phone do this? "

Oh, and I sure would like to know what the hand held remote is for.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-02-13 01:11 PM
    I mean the advertisement in which the biker is driving across the country (US) and keeps saying the names of each place she is passing through. Isn't this for Verizon Wireless? I know the T-Mobile advertisement to which you are referring.
    Is she naming the cities with a tune? I believe that's for Tmobile. Very interesting ad.
    01-02-13 01:29 PM
    The more you stretch your responces to dispel peoples beliefs the more encouraged I get! I used to think you made sense. Now I see your just bitter!
    On your "User Control Panel" on the left there is an option for the "Ignore List". You just type in the user ID of the posters you want to ignore, and it just blocks out their posts in topics. It doesn't block the text of QUOTES (where someone you haven't blocked has quoted the person you have blocked) and it doesn't block their posts in the BLOG comments, but it's a start.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-02-13 at 02:47 PM.
    01-02-13 02:14 PM
    I expect someone to start a thread that will go something like "Is anyone else a little dissapointed in the launch event today and in BB10?". LOL!

But seriously, I think 99% of us will walk away impressed. There will definitely be surprises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    So true!

But you have to consider that not everybody has the same expectations when it comes to any product. You will always have people that will be dissapoited because the expect the world. Alot of Apple fanboys have been disspaointed at Apple's latest product unveiling, but it hasn't stopped them from selling their devices.
    01-02-13 02:40 PM
    I expect aside from the obvious phone news, some sort of announcement about BB10 tablets, whether it be for the current Playbook, or a newer model or whatever.
    01-02-13 02:57 PM
    For the 1%'ers, like ourselves, there probably won't be too many more surprises. For the other 99% of the world that hasn't even heard of BB10, there will probably be many pleasant surprises in store for them.
    01-02-13 03:15 PM
    Btw in which of the 6 cities do you think thorsten will present?
    I think that this will be the ultimate surprise.... that through the magic of BB10 it will appear to us that he is in ALL six cities at the same time!
    Last edited by lcgoldman; 01-02-13 at 03:36 PM.
    01-02-13 03:24 PM
    For the 1%'ers, like ourselves, there probably won't be too many more surprises. For the other 99% of the world that hasn't even heard of BB10, there will probably be many pleasant surprises in store for them.
    Those same 99%'ers still won't know about BB10 after the launch either.
    If they haven't heard about it at this point, why would they hear about it from a BB10 launch that they aren't following or even know about?
    01-02-13 03:30 PM
    If they haven't heard about it at this point, why would they hear about it from a BB10 launch that they aren't following or even know about?
    True. But it would seem that this will get national news. So maybe not quite 99%. Hopefully RIM marketing will reach the others.
    01-02-13 03:45 PM
    I think that this will be the ultimate surprise.... that through the magic of BB10 it will appear to us that he is in ALL six cities at the same time!
    Yup, he'll show us that through bb10 we can not only video chat and voice call but also teleport or capture holographic images of somebody. Now that's inovative
    just_luc likes this.
    01-02-13 04:04 PM
    I hope it has to do with NFC payment applications that can be rolled out to stores quickly. Or have it embedded into vending machines that run QNX so I can buy a pop (soda for you Americans) with it. Then the vending machine can tell its owner (via the internet) that they are running out of the type of pop I drink and he can come by and fill it up.
    I think they really have to push this NFC along with the security that only they can provide at this point in time.
    How about NFC to start cars instead of keys. I know now keys just have to be near the ignition instead of actually in the key slot on some cars but this might be a cool new feature.
    Also, many cars are using QNX in their software so further integration of BB10 with this software might be interesting. They can bring a Porsche on stage and show how they integrate.
    Also, remember that they signed an agreement with the major Canadian carriers regarding the secure element of their electronic wallet product so look for that to feature heavily into the presentation.
    NFC on bb10 is like having a 3D TV. Yes the device can do it, but if nobody has the infrastructure to make use of it, it means absolutely nothing.
    Does your bank have it, the coffee shop, bestbuy, supermarkets, are they secure? No.

It will transpire in time and will require Apple and Google to enable it and generate general acceptance and for the financial and retail giants to invest in each of their individual infrastructures.

So RIM should have it. Is it a reason to buy bb10? No.
    01-02-13 04:07 PM
    I've been reading some articles on iPhone6, Google X and Galaxy4 rumors....there is plenty of fancy stuff like flexible screens or wireless charging, that would surely please people around the world...I don't want to think that Rim will look like the last to have something once more. I really hope it will not be the case.
    01-02-13 05:00 PM
    Its going to be a global roll out in 6 different countries people. Anyone that believes RIM is not perpared, with more than a few tricks up their sleves is mistaken. We all know how much time they've had to plan this launch.
    The disbelif is to be expected after what RIM has delivered over the last 2 years.(excluding TH performance) The same disbelif that they know they have to shatter on Jan 30th. Everything culminates Jan 30. They have said all along they are holding the best for last. They are.
    There will be some who say its not enough on Jan30, that's true. The marker will be what the ones that matter have to say.
    From what I've heard from people close to RIM that I put faith in (take that for what you will) Jan 30 is going to be huge, full of goodies and show stoppers. But thats just the beginning as the BB10 roll out is on a whole new trajectory from what were used to. The good times and new products keep coming, were not just talking phones anymore!
    DJM626, jakie55, Cesare21 and 2 others like this.
    01-02-13 05:41 PM
    I did not report the person to whom I responded in the other message. However, my mercy is not extended to you.
    Sadly you didn't think the mods would follow the trail back to the instigator of the bickering. You had adequate response from other members which saved you from a moderator response despite your prior record.
    just_luc likes this.
    01-02-13 08:23 PM
    Most won't even care until they need to replace their current phone. Average working life of a phone is around 18 months - 2 years so for the majority of users the next launch of any device is irrelevant.
    01-02-13 08:29 PM
    By the time people need to replace their current phone, BB10 devices' will be on the shelves waiting to be played with!
    01-02-13 09:05 PM
    The first exposure many people will get to NFC is on the street corner when buying illicit substances or purchasing temporary companionship.

Cool.. I hope you're right, that would save me carrying cash into dark alleys and seedy hotel rooms..

This could incur the wrath of Health Canada and the Food and Drug Administration, for example, in their campaign against obesity.

Ummmm.. MANY vending machines are already capable of this.. there seems to be a thought among some that stores (or even vending machines) need something special to accept NF payments, the truth is any shop or machine setup to accept mastercard paypass or visa paywave can accept nfc payments..

They will need a one-time-password (OTP) feature to prevent electronic pick-pocketing.

The majority of BlackBerry users own a Porsche, right? I doubt it.
    NFC on bb10 is like having a 3D TV. Yes the device can do it, but if nobody has the infrastructure to make use of it, it means absolutely nothing.
    Does your bank have it, the coffee shop, bestbuy, supermarkets, are they secure? No.

I'm not sure whre you are from, but here all the grocery stores accept nfc payments, the main coffee chain (tim hortons) accepts nfc payments, mc donalds, gas stations, vending machines.. and I see more new places everyday..

It will transpire in time and will require Apple and Google to enable it and generate general acceptance and for the financial and retail giants to invest in each of their individual infrastructures.

So RIM should have it. Is it a reason to buy bb10? No.
    You can make an nfc mobile payment anywhere you see one of:

or these:

or even these...

sf49ers, jakie55, Dapper37 and 2 others like this.
    01-02-13 10:11 PM
    Is she naming the cities with a tune? I believe that's for Tmobile. Very interesting ad.
    Yes, but for some reason I keep thinking VZW although it might be TMo. And of course the advertisement has not been on television this week to refresh my memory.
    01-03-13 10:03 AM
    Starting to see the NFC Payment Stations more and more. Just never have seen anyone pull out their phone unlock it, scroll to an app and try to make a payment. I guess if you had a bunch of different credit cards it might save you from carrying them all around... but they just aren't that big and for me I've only got three so no big deal. And I sure don't want to hand my phone to the guy a McDonalds...
    01-03-13 10:37 AM
    Making accusatory comments about a forum member can lead to sanctions. You should keep the forum terms of service in mind before posting a personal attack. I won't waste my time reporting your comments in the hope you will behave going forward.

Oh boy, funny how the "gallows humour" only swings one way???
    01-03-13 11:36 AM
    And I sure don't want to hand my phone to the guy a McDonalds...
    Yep thoses nasty criminal types at McDonalds, running to the back room with your phone,lol. I would be more concerned about double dipping on your credit card at the local gas station,lol.
    01-03-13 11:53 AM
    I expect to see carrier release dates, pricing, and partner participation.

I'm not getting overhyped.
    01-03-13 12:19 PM
    Yes, but for some reason I keep thinking VZW although it might be TMo. And of course the advertisement has not been on television this week to refresh my memory.
    Remember it like this... T-Mobile has Pink colors in it...the woman rides her motorcycle or here is the newest one. She is in a Helicopter being flown around and all of the cities that have T-Mobile light up in PINK colors displayed as buildings.
    01-03-13 12:27 PM
    I have a Cadbury chocolate bar that might change your mind.
    I expect to see carrier release dates, pricing, and partner participation.

I'm not getting overhyped.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-03-13 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added chocolate to add clarity,lol
    01-03-13 12:30 PM
97 1234