I've had a Jabra BT530 for a about a week now and really like it. Being new to bt headsets I'm trying to nail down the best way to make calls with it. I decided to get the BT530 rather then getting a replacement charger for a Motorola H680 I found. The H680 doesn't have noise cancellation and the cost of a replacement charge just seemed better used to invest in a headset with it. One thing I have discovered is that with the H680 I could press the button on the headset say "call" to start voice calling. The BT530 doesn't seem to have this feature. I keep my 8130 password locked. So, to make a call I have to key in the password to then use the left convince key to start voice dialing. I just recently was told about speed dialing and this might be a simpler way to make calls. I'm primarily doing this while driving so looking for the simplest way. Which is what was nice about the H680, it was completely hands free. Are there other options/setting on the phone/headset that I'm missing to make making calls truly handsfree?
    10-26-08 10:59 PM
    You should be able to use the Jabra BT530 for voice dialing with any BlackBerry. One thing I've noticed with mine is that it acts slightly different than other BT headsets. Instead of just "clicking" the call end/call answer button to activate voice dialing, with the BT530, you have to hold the call end/call answer button down for about a full second. Then, when you let up on the button, you should hear a tone to let you know you held it down long enough.

Once you have activated voice dialing, you should be able to use simple voice command like, "Call Sam Spade mobile" to call Sam Spade's mobile number listed in your contacts. You should be able to include number commands - like either "call 5 5 5 1 2 1 2" or "dial 5 5 5 1 2 1 2"...can't remember which one works off the top of my head.
    11-06-08 10:13 PM
    Ahh yes that worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your reply. Sadly there was nothing in the documentation about this.
    11-08-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD