I am looking to buy one of these

Jabra BT3030 Stereo Bluetooth Headset

however i was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or with alternative products?

Obviously i am looking to get whichever is the most reliable, comfortable and produces the best quality sound.
    10-26-08 08:47 AM
    I have two similar devices I can share first hand review with you.

For stereo bluetooth streaming (similar to the BT3030), I have a Motorola SoundPilot. The device is incredible for the money (T mobile kiosks have them on clearance for $30). It has a built in FM radio that supports RDS (text readout of artist, song and station) and the quality of the FM stereo sounds better than any I've heard in a portable music player. As a bonus, the included earbuds are excellent and it comes with a belt clip and lanyard. The device can stream from 300 ft away from the source and you can use any earbuds or headphones you like. It also allows you to pause, advance and play previous track via the click wheel on the device. I highly recommend the SoundPilot!

For a more stealth option, I also have a Jabra BT8040 bluetooth headset. This device supports bluetooth A2DP stereo (with a single speaker obviously). I'm listening to streaming audio off my PC.

I use the Jabra for news and sports talk radio and for teleconferencing calls. I use the SoundPilot for leisure listening to music and FM radio.
    Last edited by vestaviascott; 10-31-08 at 09:40 AM.
    10-27-08 04:10 PM
    thanks, the FM radio really apeals does that natively support blackberry (i have a bold) or do i need a specific device/external software?
    10-28-08 03:36 PM
    I've got the jabra bt3030 and i love it. The sound quality was great, but i did switch out the supplied earbuds for my own sony ones. I havnt had any problems @ all with it. It pauses the music when a call comes in too....pretty cool. voice dialing works good too.
    10-30-08 01:53 PM
    thanks, the FM radio really apeals does that natively support blackberry (i have a bold) or do i need a specific device/external software?
    Both devices work flawlessly with my Blackberry 8830 WE on Verizon.
    10-31-08 09:39 AM
    decision made - I did go with the motorola because at its price (�20 here) you cant really go wrong and it has an FM radio - save on using my data of course. Hopefully it will arrive next week
    Last edited by A_S; 11-01-08 at 04:40 AM.
    11-01-08 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD