Hi all! I sure hope the vast knowledge resources that are crackberry can assist me with this:

I have a Jabra 250 BT headset. I've paired it with Hobson, my 8800, and ensured that the headset is a trusted device. Yet it seems like it will randomly not connect - and usually when I need it the most (like the phone rings while I'm driving). Not sure if it's germane to the situation or not, but the chargers for each are not in close proximity, and yes, I charge both every single night. Some mornings, when I take both out their chargers, and the headset will automatically pair. Other mornings, it wont. It doesn't seem to matter which one I disconnect from it's charger first, either.

Sometimes, when I get a call and my BT is on and paired, the headset will vibrate, I'll click "answer" on Hobson, but the sound will go thru Hobson instead of the headset. If I can safely do so, I check the Jabra headset, whick will be flashing the "I'm working" blue, altho it really isn't. Othertimes, the same situation will occur, and the headset WILL work.

At least I finally learned a few days ago to check Hobson to see if he's flashing blue before making a phone call! (I'm still a BB n00b!)

I had this same problem using the same headset with my Treo650, so I'm sure this is a case of "operator error". (I still carry my Treo for another 2 weeks, but I've turned off the BT on it).

What am I doing wrong?
    07-30-07 08:28 PM
    I think this is a known issue for Jabra. Even though it make no sense....some headsets work better than other.....

Try using another headset if you have that luxury...
    07-31-07 03:28 PM
    Thanks for answering, TMag. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury... at least at this time.
    07-31-07 08:37 PM
    You know my Jabra did that all the time when I was a Treo user.

I bought the Jabra BT500 and have been using it with my 8830 and have no problems.
    07-31-07 08:46 PM
    Speak with the manufacturer, they may have a solution...

Thanks for answering, TMag. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury... at least at this time.
    07-31-07 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, Ivan! I didn't even think about that.....

anyway, I submitted my question directly to Jabra - will see how (and if) they respond.
    08-02-07 04:22 AM
    here was my reply from Jabra:
    =====================================
    Please try a reset and re-pair of the phone and headset:

Turn the headset off.
    Plug the headset power supply into a wall outlet and the charging cradle.
    Dock the headset into the charging cradle for 5 seconds.
    Remove the headset and turn it off.
    Remove the headset from the phone Bluetooth menu.
    Turn the phone off.
    Remove the battery (and sim card, if removable), and hold out for 5 seconds.
    Re-install the battery (and sim card, if applicable) and turn the phone on, but do not touch any settings.
    Put the headset into pairing mode by pressing down the phone symbol button AND the up arrow of the volume control until you see a steady blue light (approximately 8 seconds). Release.
    Perform the pairing procedure for the phone.

If the above procedure does not fix the issue, there is most likely a problem with the headset. I suggest replacing it. If the headset is within the retailer return policy, you can return it for another one. If it is outside the retailer return policy, but within the Jabra one year warranty from date of purchase, and you can provide a copy of the original sales receipt to be sent along with the defective product, we will replace it for you. Just let us know if you wish to obtain the replacement through Jabra.
    =======================================
    since this is a "randomly recurring" problem, my solution was to bite the big one, and get a new headset. Now, I have a Samsung WEP180. So far, so good.
    08-06-07 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD