Though I have a perfectly working 8330m, I've decided to obtain a new smartphone. Of course, it's a BlackBerry. I won't release the details until I have the device in my possession (I expect to have it by Monday the latest), but I will say it has a lot of terrific features, at least one of which my 8330m doesn't have!

At this point I'd also like to thank the cb members who always share useful information about BlackBerries and the various carriers that support BlackBerries. I'm a Sprint Premiere customer (Platinum, I think), and I only recently learned (here on cb) that Sprint offers $70.00 incentives per line for people to renew their contracts, and that in order to get the incentive, it's necessary to renew the contract before upgrading a phone. Thus, today I called Sprint, renewed my contract, got the $70 credit, and ordered my new, late-model BlackBerry at a great price. More on that when it arrives ...
    06-22-11 06:31 PM
    After wringing so much out of your last BB Tonis, like me it won't matter what you get and you will get the most out of it! Congrats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 07:21 PM
    lets play guess

its a 9650 :0
    06-22-11 07:51 PM
    Or maybe a 9780? We won't know till it arrives! Tease!

06-22-11 08:57 PM
    Okay, you two ... I can neither confim nor deny these guesses at this time. The official announcement is just that a new unit is on its way with an expected delivery date between the 24th and the 27th

06-22-11 10:24 PM
    Poor Tonis. Pacing back and forth, wearing holes in the carpet, checking out the window every few minutes and wondering "is it here yet? Is it here yet?"

Congrats on the new device. There's nothing like that new device smell.

P.S. I guess 9650

06-23-11 06:14 AM
    9650 vote for me also.

Grats on your new phone.
    06-23-11 06:25 AM
    New BB smell = New car smell. ;-)

06-23-11 09:01 AM
    This morning I got an email from Best Buy saying that my order had shipped. I didn't bother clicking on the tracking link. I figured I'd just check later as there's no way it would matter today. Well, when I got home around three, after relaxing a bit, I remembered about the tracking option and decided to check it. What the??? My order is on a truck, scheduled to be delivered a day early -- today!!! I knew UPS shows up around 3:30-4:30 in my neighborhood so I went out on the balcony to wait for it. Surely, it would come around the corner any minute ... A half hour later, there it is! Wait ... it's going down a different street around the block!!! Should I give chase? Nah, I'll never catch him. I'll just play it cool; he's probably got a house around the corner to deliver to. Another half hour goes by, and here he comes again, down my street! This time I run down to the sidewalk to meet him. He's coming toward me! I'm smiling and signaling him, "I'm over hereeeeeee!" But why is he going so fast? Doesn't he see me? Why is he just waving? Why is he driving by??????? He's turning the corner and leaving! I can't believe it, he just blows by me and is gone! Now I'm frantically checking the tracking again. It still says delivery scheduled for today. I decide to wait some more. Probably he's coming back. I wait at least another half hour and begin to lose hope. Back upstairs I'm on the phone calling UPS re "the whereabouts of my package," because "I saw the delivery guy drive by a half hour ago." The cs rep tells me no, it's still scheduled for delivery today and "Maybe it's on a different truck." I'm skeptical, but I thank him and tell him I'll wait. Almost an hour later, there's a UPS truck outside my building!

I bring up my package and open it up. The uncrating is a pleasant experience; everything is so fresh and new. And there it is, a dream come true: my very own BlackBerry Bold 9650! And I got exactly the one I wanted: the model with NO camera! I have it! I called Sprint, switched over my service and all that, and ran DM's Device Switch Wizard, which was a breeze. I'm all set up. The only thing I'm waiting for now (impatiently) is the charging. If anyone wants to see it, here's what I got:

BlackBerry Bold 9650 (non-camera)

Great deal on it, too. $80 for the device (with my upgrade) minus $70 for the contract renewal incentive means this thing cost me ten bucks! Well, okay it was a little more because I paid $100 at Best Buy which included tax and shipping, but anyway, that means it was only $30. Since the phone is charging right now, I'll use my computer to update my CB profile. And thanks everybody for your well wishes!
    06-23-11 07:53 PM
    Enjoy your new phone

I'm itching for a new phone, this waiting thing is killing me. Need... new... device... *twitch*
    06-23-11 08:13 PM
    Enjoy your 9650. It's a really nice device.

06-23-11 08:52 PM
    What a story, lol!

Enjoy your new 9650! Big upgrade!

06-23-11 09:53 PM
    Mmmmmm, new BB smell
    I like the red numerals on the 9650 keyboard. I wish my 9780 had that.
    06-23-11 10:08 PM
    grats on your new device.the feeling you get when having that new baby in your hands.i haven't experience that new phone feeling in a while now. 3 years to be exact.this is why this summer means so much to me.the moment that new baby is in my hands this summer it will give me new life.my wife would agree on that as well because tech savy has become a norm nowadays.
    06-23-11 10:27 PM
    Congrats on the new 9650... Kinda knew it was a 9650 all along

Now get that thing to work and charged!
    06-23-11 10:35 PM
    Big step up from an 8330m. Enjoy!

06-23-11 11:53 PM
    Glad the suspense is over. Have fun with your new sleep theif! Hahaha! Thanks for the update.

06-24-11 12:07 AM
    Well, I must report that I'm loving this new Bold. I have it all set up with calendar, contacts, tasks, profiles, password, encryption, and everything else in order. The red number buttons are a nice touch, and so is the chrome border. The green send button is almost a little toward the yellow side when lit up, and the track pad has a hint of purple to it (plum, to be specific). Overall, it's an elegant design.

The device has good heft, and the keyboard is a pleasure to type on. I think the call quality is even better than it was on my 8330m. And though I'm using keyboard shortcuts, I'm loving the universal search which, on my theme, is accessible by a clickable icon near the banner.

So, thanks again, everyone, for sharing in my enthusiasm about my new BlackBerry!
    06-26-11 10:47 AM
    Great story T�nis. You will really enjoy your new 9650. Head on over to the 9650 forum section and join in the conversation over there. Also head on over to the theme sections and grab something that you like to make it even more fun.
    06-26-11 11:18 AM
    great phone
    06-26-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD