Im 16 years old and i have never had a blackberry before. i just returned my dare so i can get a new phone around christmas, im sure there will be good phones out then. but i mostly want the storm then. i wanted to know how much more difficult it would be for a 16 year old to operate a blackbarry comepared to something such as the lg dare. does it have everything the dare has and does? am i going to regret returning my dare for a blackberry storm? what are the applications of a blackberry like. what ones will i find useful. please dont say what would a 16 year old need with a blackberry. any info will be appreciated, thanks.
    10-04-08 08:01 PM
    Hey, just replied to your other thread which is very similar to this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wou...ear-old-78961/
    10-04-08 08:02 PM
    I'm 17 and I love my BB. I bought my pearl on eBay and sold my Voyager there as well. The Dare definitely has an easier interface to use, but it's hardly any better.

The Dare, such as other LG phones, all have the same basic features. There's nothing really special. It has a few gimmicks, like the sketch pad, but nothing else is really that great.

With a Blackberry, you'll get great e-mail on the go, very easy messaging (I love seeing what I/they just said as I'm sending a text message) and limitless applications. You can get tons of free games, weather, news...so much.

Blackberries are really a step above the highly marketed/bought phones from VZW. You can do so much to customize it and have fun, but you just have to take a little time to learn. This forum is a great place to start. I'm sure others can point you to some threads to help you out if you do get one too.
    10-04-08 08:04 PM
    I'm 17 and I love my BB. I bought my pearl on eBay and sold my Voyager there as well. The Dare definitely has an easier interface to use, but it's hardly any better.

The Dare, such as other LG phones, all have the same basic features. There's nothing really special. It has a few gimmicks, like the sketch pad, but nothing else is really that great.

With a Blackberry, you'll get great e-mail on the go, very easy messaging (I love seeing what I/they just said as I'm sending a text message) and limitless applications. You can get tons of free games, weather, news...so much.

Blackberries are really a step above the highly marketed/bought phones from VZW. You can do so much to customize it and have fun, but you just have to take a little time to learn. This forum is a great place to start. I'm sure others can point you to some threads to help you out if you do get one too.
    thanks ill make sure to check all around this site. its just confusing and full of too much different stuff.
    10-04-08 08:07 PM
    Blackberry will change your life, there is no going back.

Email, Im to go, a great Browser and a Phone. The rest is gravy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 08:15 PM
    I say get one! I don't know much about the storm, but I can tell you that operating a BlackBerry is just like any other phone; you just have to get used to it. If you stick around here, you will know all you ever need to know about BlackBerry. As for the apps, there are news readers, gps apps, web mail apps, and much more (I'll try to find some links in a few minutes). You might also find useful the built-in calendar, task, and memo apps. Being 16, you might want to use those to help you organize your schoolwork. I do that and it really has helped me keep my grades up. Before getting anything though, you should probably go to a store when the storm comes out and play around with the storm a bit to see which phone you like best.

10-04-08 08:28 PM
    Here is a link to popular BlackBerry apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

10-04-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD