Finally i've founded way to get my Google Map back to work.

Simply use the Google Map version 3 and you can forget about the stupid "Terms & Conditions" step.

Cheers

Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip

[Update] Even better news: after first successful run of v3 you can update to v4.5.3 and it'll get back to work normally .

OTA link: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.jad
    Last edited by Kelvin Pham; 12-14-12 at 06:22 PM.
    12-14-12 11:24 AM
    that works for me.... cheers
    12-14-12 12:24 PM
    Gone for me. Google can take their app and lack of BB support and insert both into any dark orifice. As much as possible my functions are being managed by less intrusive operators that spare me the Google invasion.
    12-14-12 01:40 PM
    Gone for me. Google can take their app and lack of BB support and insert both into any dark orifice. As much as possible my functions are being managed by less intrusive operators that spare me the Google invasion.
    Or maybe they're already refining BB10 versions, leaving behind what will soon rapidly become legacy OSes. Google had already announced ceasing support for present BB OSes as of 9/12. They actually gave us a couple of extra months.
    12-14-12 01:53 PM
    I love when the thread title just tells it like it is lol
    Ray UM likes this.
    12-14-12 02:10 PM
    I gave up on Google Maps long time ago, BB Maps are better then people think.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-14-12 02:43 PM
    Anyone have an OTA link for this? BB Maps is worthless, it never finds what I am looking for and often suggests results thousands of miles away.
    12-14-12 05:09 PM
    LoL @ v3.
    You know how long it took before we even got to v4.5.3?!
    If this is permanent, GMaps has only as long as it takes to keep running until a new OS after .794 drops for my device.
    12-14-12 05:33 PM
    I pass TC with v3 and update to v4.5.3....It works!!!!
    marcho11 likes this.
    12-14-12 07:03 PM
    Thanks lowest!!! Worked for me too!!
    12-14-12 07:50 PM
    Hah!!!! Got it back working. Screw you Google and your "Do No Evil."

In the mean time, I'm gonna start using BB Maps and BB Traffic so that I get used to them. That way, I can just get rid of google maps (someday) . Oh yeah, and I won't change my OS until then.

Big shout out thanks to "Kelvin Pham" and "lowest" for then info and links.
    12-14-12 08:04 PM
    Cheers Kelvin... worked perfectly
    12-14-12 08:24 PM
    Thanks lowest!!! Worked for me too!!
    I just follow Kelvin's [updated] instruction! Cheers Kelvin!
    Last edited by lowest; 12-14-12 at 09:07 PM.
    12-14-12 08:47 PM
    Why are people mad that Google maps doesnt work on the legacy platform? Everyone is suppose to be moving to the new BB10 right? Its not even the same user experience on the current BB compared to Android or Apple. Its only a matter of time before RIM stops supporting legacy apps as well. Or is it called progression when RIM does it? IJS
    12-14-12 08:52 PM
    Because #1 some people have a different perception than you and #2 some people had routes addresses etc saved on Gmaps and used it daily. That wouldn't make you mad if your go to mapping application just up and stopped working?

Glad to see there is a work around. I had a good bit of helpful data accumulated over the years with Gmaps. Thanks guys!

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    melb_me likes this.
    12-14-12 09:14 PM
    Works perfectly! I tried load 3.0.1 first, accepted TC, OTA 4.5.3, all works perfectly now.
    12-14-12 09:24 PM
    Thanks a lot. It really helped me reinstall the google maps latest version.
    12-14-12 11:15 PM
    I can't believe this is such an issue for people. In my opinion, Google maps on BlackBerry has always sucked. Like the poster above said, it doesn't even look, feel or work like Google maps on any of the other platforms. It just meh. I'd rather use BlackBerry traffic than Google maps to be honest.

All of Google's BlackBerry apps that I use have always sucked. Anyone that uses Google voice knows what I mean. The SMS doesn't even have push. Its kinda sad but Google never seemed to try to very hard to please BlackBerry users. Hopefully that changes with BB10.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-14-12 11:21 PM
    Worked for me. Thanks very much.
    12-14-12 11:34 PM
    Finally i've founded way to get my Google Map back to work.

Simply use the Google Map version 3 and you can forget about the stupid "Terms & Conditions" step.

Cheers

Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip

[Update] Even better news: after first successful run of v3 you can update to v4.5.3 and it'll get back to work normally .

OTA link: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
    I've got Google Map back on my BB after upgrade to new OS-trippy.gif Thanks , you ROCK !!! , Works perfect Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trippy.gif 
Views:	905 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	128355
    CandyLV and manxdriver like this.
    12-15-12 01:12 AM
    I can't believe this is such an issue for people. In my opinion, Google maps on BlackBerry has always sucked. Like the poster above said, it doesn't even look, feel or work like Google maps on any of the other platforms. It just meh. I'd rather use BlackBerry traffic than Google maps to be honest.

All of Google's BlackBerry apps that I use have always sucked. Anyone that uses Google voice knows what I mean. The SMS doesn't even have push. Its kinda sad but Google never seemed to try to very hard to please BlackBerry users. Hopefully that changes with BB10.
    I disagree , google maps is essential for many countries which BB maps and BB traffic fail to cover, both of them are extremely limited.
    CandyLV, Saiga and Qaxl like this.
    12-15-12 01:30 AM
    Why are people mad that Google maps doesnt work on the legacy platform? Everyone is suppose to be moving to the new BB10 right? Its not even the same user experience on the current BB compared to Android or Apple. Its only a matter of time before RIM stops supporting legacy apps as well. Or is it called progression when RIM does it? IJS
    We are mad because it was working before they broke it. Holding off on enhancements is one thing, intentionally breaking something that was working is something else altogether. Like others said, so 'FING much for google's "do no harm". Right.
    12-15-12 02:25 AM
    I disagree , google maps is essential for many countries which BB maps and BB traffic fail to cover, both of them are extremely limited.
    Good point, I never considered that.
    12-15-12 10:57 AM
    BB Maps also doesn't have satellite view or traffic overlay showing you at a glance where traffic is slow and where accidents or road work are.
    12-15-12 11:06 AM
    I pass TC with v3 and update to v4.5.3....It works!!!!
    What phone and OS do you have? I have a 9900 with 7.1.0.284, and I installed v3 (got Exception Error) then updated to v4.5.3. NO LUCK!
    U P D A T E..... Now it works! I first went in and totally deleted Google Maps from my 9909, and when I installed v3, it worked! For now, I am not even going to try and go to v4.5.3 -- I'm happy with v3!! MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by manxdriver; 12-15-12 at 12:34 PM.
    owadkelly and dataphry like this.
    12-15-12 12:13 PM
70 123