I bought a book on my Nexus 7 so I've been carrying that around for the last couple days with me. Prior to that, the tablet has been collecting dust for months. One thing I kept on catching myself doing was swiping up and/or sideways to go back to home or check my mail. It was so frustrating that I had actually accurately tap the home screen button to do that, and then tap the screen again a couple more times to get to my email. It felt....primitive. Almost like needing to use a cable to plug into my 56k modem to get online.

I know, first world problems to the max. But dammit, BlackBerry has trained my thumb to have a mind of its own. The surprising thing in all of this for me is that before getting my Z10, of all the features that I was excited about, this wasn't even on my list. How could it be? Even now, when showing of the phone to friends, they think I'm just going on my BlackBerry Fan mode when I try to explain it to them. But they'll soon see, I got a skeptic of a friend to buy a Z10 (Insert evil laugh here). This feature has now become the reason why it may be very hard to switch to another platform in the future.
    bombsquad_manny and Ishutter2 like this.
    03-26-13 01:52 PM
    Every device I pick up now I try to swipe to unlock, then I realize that I need to push a button first.

I think almost every Z10 owner will probably do that

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:16 PM
    My BlackBerry habits do not transfer to my nexus 7. I know how to use both very well. I just use the app switcher to go to email in 2 presses. I still believe BlackBerry needs toast notifications.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:16 PM
    I was doing the same on a Windows 8 touch screen too.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:20 PM
    I bought a book on my Nexus 7 so I've been carrying that around for the last couple days with me. Prior to that, the tablet has been collecting dust for months. One thing I kept on catching myself doing was swiping up and/or sideways to go back to home or check my mail. It was so frustrating that I had actually accurately tap the home screen button to do that, and then tap the screen again a couple more times to get to my email. It felt....primitive. Almost like needing to use a cable to plug into my 56k modem to get online.

I know, first world problems to the max. But dammit, BlackBerry has trained my thumb to have a mind of its own. The surprising thing in all of this for me is that before getting my Z10, of all the features that I was excited about, this wasn't even on my list. How could it be? Even now, when showing of the phone to friends, they think I'm just going on my BlackBerry Fan mode when I try to explain it to them. But they'll soon see, I got a skeptic of a friend to buy a Z10 (Insert evil laugh here). This feature has now become the reason why it may be very hard to switch to another platform in the future.
    Yes I know what you mean. Using other touchscreen devices like my girls A3, I do the same thing

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 L.E.
    03-26-13 02:20 PM
    I tried to swipe the dashboard on my car the other day to start it ..... I'm telling you, this gesture thing is messing me up

I kid I kid of course. But in all seriousness, the gestures are such an effortless way to work.
    03-26-13 02:24 PM
    Even Flow spoils me, I love the quick simple gesture! I come to expect it now, and am let down when I can't.
    03-26-13 02:27 PM
    I totally understand you!! I never had a tablet before my PlayBook, but when I was forced to stick with a friends Nexus for a few days I felt like I was going nuts...no swipe up to minimize app. That's the right word, primitive. Not to mention that on my old HTC Desire I was always trying to swipe up to minimize apps. This feature is truly brilliant!
    03-26-13 02:28 PM
    Even Flow
    Great Pearl Jam song!

Posted via CB10
    zombie73 likes this.
    03-26-13 02:31 PM
    Try a different launcher if you want gestures, something like Nova launcher, you cant miss it, its near the top of the app store and you can have gestures do anything you like.
    s7khan likes this.
    03-26-13 02:35 PM
    Really annoying the odd time I use ye old Ipad.......
    03-26-13 02:51 PM
    One of my favorite things about the Z10

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    03-26-13 04:29 PM
    I tried to swipe the dashboard on my car the other day to start it ..... I'm telling you, this gesture thing is messing me up

I kid I kid of course. But in all seriousness, the gestures are such an effortless way to work.
    LMAO!!!

It's kind of funny how forward thinking gestures based OS is.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 04:40 PM
    I totally understand. I've been locked into all-gesture mode ever since I got the PlayBook, and it only got worse with the Z10. lol.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-26-13 04:43 PM
    Yeah. I've felt this way since I got my playbook. I feel stupid whenever I have to use my boss's ipad as I'm trying to swipe everything, and I keep handing my husband back his Note when he gives it to me in the car to find music or something. I can't deal with the button! Lol

The worst though is the Z10 is even spoiling me for the Playbook. I can't swipe back to delete a word in a post and as smooth as the Playbook is, the Z10 is smoother.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-26-13 06:09 PM
    Yeah. I've felt this way since I got my playbook. I feel stupid whenever I have to use my boss's ipad as I'm trying to swipe everything, and I keep handing my husband back his Note when he gives it to me in the car to find music or something. I can't deal with the button! Lol

The worst though is the Z10 is even spoiling me for the Playbook. I can't swipe back to delete a word in a post and as smooth as the Playbook is, the Z10 is smoother.
    Yeah PlayBook is badly in need of BB10!
    03-26-13 06:13 PM
    Loving the swipe on my Z10....but look like an ***** at work when I swipe my BES 9810 over and over and nothing happens!
    03-26-13 06:37 PM
    So spoiled! The gestures are very addictive

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:58 PM
    I see a brilliantly funny commercial idea in this trend...

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-26-13 08:29 PM
    I wish BB10 allowed users to switch between apps like we do on Playbook.
    03-26-13 11:44 PM
    I had a PlayBook before my Z10 and I too was also trying to swipe on an iPad. I have also been telling iPhone owners who had been dismissive of the Z10,that Apple WILL one day get rid of that clunky home button and adopt on screen gestures.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 01:57 AM
    1 year of PlayBook use, spoiled me. Love this on z10.
    So, at the very first time, I did it on my GPS, for good 10 seconds to turn on my GPS. When I realized, I felt like a fool. Lol. Then when I go an play with other devices in a store, I found myself swiping my thumbs away, felt fool like many time. My 2.5ish (going to be 3 in mid May) years old daughter use playboook to use vdo chat with her grandparents (she knows how to answer it), and play games like get growing, George the unlucky fish, and some many more kids stuff on my z10 and PlayBook. But sometime she mistakenly lift my wife's iPhone and all she does is swipe. And complain as why it is not working. Only think she likes on iPhone is talking Tom, but she moved on with George the unlucky fish, and watching snow White on PlayBook. On the other day I mounted the PlayBook leather case on the back of front headrest with ducked tape an let her watch snow White in the car on a long drive. I now need to buy a proper mount. So yh a little baby get used to with swiping, so if somebody sid its so hard to use z10, I guess they are......... well I have no word but laugh myself. hahahhaha hahaha

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 04:39 AM
    1 year of PlayBook use, spoiled me. Love this on z10.
    So, at the very first time, I did it on my GPS, for good 10 seconds to turn on my GPS. When I realized, I felt like a fool. Lol. Then when I go an play with other devices in a store, I found myself swiping my thumbs away, felt fool like many time. My 2.5ish (going to be 3 in mid May) years old daughter use playboook to use vdo chat with her grandparents (she knows how to answer it), and play games like get growing, George the unlucky fish, and some many more kids stuff on my z10 and PlayBook. But sometime she mistakenly lift my wife's iPhone and all she does is swipe. And complain as why it is not working. Only think she likes on iPhone is talking Tom, but she moved on with George the unlucky fish, and watching snow White on PlayBook. On the other day I mounted the PlayBook leather case on the back of front headrest with ducked tape an let her watch snow White in the car on a long drive. I now need to buy a proper mount. So yh a little baby get used to with swiping, so if somebody sid its so hard to use z10, I guess they are......... well I have no word but laugh myself. hahahhaha hahaha

Posted via CB10

If you know of any good mounts for the back of front car seat, let me know, I want to do the same thing. I don't like my son keeping PB in his hands, also I would assume it will be better for his eyes and will help him sleep faster if PB is mounted. He won't be able to change videos as he wish, but if he is watching something long it should not be a problem. Biggest complain is you cannot "PLAY ALL" in playbook.. what a big drawback!
    03-27-13 09:35 AM