As soon as 10.3 arrives for all BB10 devices, then it's time for BBW to shed all android imports and allow only "Built for BlackBerry " apps and these apps must have great quality and value. Give BlackBerry users 200 great apps, set the bar high. Shred the guess work and confusion out of having to find the good apps amongst 1 million apps. Let Amazon completely look after that sector. BlackBerry users are going to go to BBW first knowing that these apps will not demand all our data. If we can't find a BlackBerry only app, then we have the choice to get the android version. This works great for me anyhow. Besides, smart Devs should know then to grab the first dollar from BBW. I also believe BlackBerry should have Devs stop "free" apps. Give the Devs a buck for their efforts. If you want the free version, get the same android app free but forfeit your data. Devs will come!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:11 AM
    kinda agree.
    There's no point to have android port and additional android apps. because it's basically the same.

also, app world should remove all those "app for [insert name here]" and similar nonsenses.

clean it up. make it best. we can get all other apps from amazon or others.

NOW - It's time to start December fest - free paid app/game on daily basis!
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    11-27-14 09:17 AM
    Great idea. Personally, I prefer quality over quantity and would love to have a "good apps only" store along with Snap and Amazon for the times when I need an Android app for work or something.
    11-27-14 09:20 AM
    Add that to the Icanmakeitbetter website .
    11-27-14 11:12 AM
    That's a great idea, and would actually be a positive differentiation strategy.
    You know that with a BlackBerry you can go into BlackBerry world and get a good, secure and intelligent app that will meet your needs and not compromise your data; and the best part is.. you'll find the app quickly with no fear of choosing a garbage one.

This has always been my biggest pet peeve with all app stores.. yes there is a selection of ten million apps, but there is 8 million that duplicate others. You can spend hours sifting through reviews to try and figure out which is best, and you still won't have it.

Using OP's strategy BlackBerry would be able to emphasize that it's all about efficiency and productivity. You get the good productivity apps you want and need and you find them quickly and know that they will be good. If your looking for staple apps for media/games/specific companies you can use the amazon store.

Great idea

BB for Life
    11-27-14 12:22 PM
    When looking at bb world how does one tell if it is a native app? Does the bb symbol beside the app mean it is a native app?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-27-14 12:29 PM
    I also agree on the quality comment. As someone eventually moving back to blackberry I can tell you its very tiring to have a million choices in every category. I waste a lot of time trying to find a good app. I also don't need many apps. I have a few that I use, and I want the ones I use to be good.

11-27-14 12:31 PM
    Easy to agree in principle but BB World contains Android apps that in many cases have been optimized for BB10. Apps in the Amazon store may work on BB10 but they have not been made available with BB10 in mind. I'm willing to wager that lots of Android ports into BB World will work much better than the pure Android version to be found in the Amazon store.
    11-27-14 12:41 PM
    Eh no thanks. I do agree BlackBerry needs more quality apps, but there are Android apps in BBW that Amazon app store don't have. And the common joe won't know how to sideload those apps.

And WTH should devs stop giving the free version of their apps? Amazon apps are still laggy & some apps don't even work.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:56 PM
    I would sell my house if BlackBerry World would rise again. Imagine having quality apps and a huge fight for attention of apps like in ios or android.

Get rid of CrApps and get quality apps. Hell, even amazon is gifting 49 quality apps these days. And at BlackBerry world I haven't seen new ones for ages.

I will never forget the day when I bought my Q10 and started to download Skype, evernote, whatsapp, etc. What a feeling. And now?

I have many sads

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:58 PM
    Yes built for BlackBerry is a native app.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:48 AM
    Great idea. Personally, I prefer quality over quantity and would love to have a "good apps only" store along with Snap and Amazon for the times when I need an Android app for work or something.
    Quality over quantity is why we love our blackberries!
    11-29-14 06:10 PM
    Quality over quantity. That's what is the need of the hour on the front of App Stores.

Great idea! BlackBerry should opt to this. Remove all android ports from the BlackBerry world. (y)

Posted via my White.Leopard
    11-29-14 06:35 PM
    Yes. But still want me some more native apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:55 PM
    Are there any "popular" apps that are in BBW as Android ports and not in the Amazon appstore?
    11-30-14 06:59 AM
    And the common joe won't know how to sideload those apps.
    Sideloading means connecting the phone to a computer and installing from there. Since 10.2, there is no sideloading needed, why do so many people clinch to this term?

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    11-30-14 07:08 AM
    It's funny that you say that op as most if not all the apps I've purchased from appworld are built for BlackBerry certified. And very few apps from amazon though I download quite a few and try them out .

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:22 PM
    When looking at bb world how does one tell if it is a native app? Does the bb symbol beside the app mean it is a native app?

Couldn't tell you myself really. The bfbb apps have the little logo on them and it's stated on their download screens but there are other native apps that don't have this certification. I just don't know which ones.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:24 PM
    Sounds good, but it won't happen. I've written off BlackBerry World as even being a useful app store, to be honest. It was actually looking kind of promising when BlackBerry 10 launched. I had Real Racing 3, Skype, Blaq, BeWeather Pro, Space TV, and Bloomberg News.

Slowly but surely, the developers stopped updating. I have an iPad and iPod touch, so the app scene on my phone isn't important to me, but I still check BlackBerry World every few days to see if anything's been updated. I got used to Twitter for BlackBerry on my Passport after always using Blaq on my PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Z30, but it took Blaq too long to make it compatible with the Passport. I tried it on my Passport, but when scrolling on the screen, I almost always bring up the left side menu, so I deleted Blaq. I bought BeWeather Pro but after loading an auto loader leak, I forgot to download it and am fine with the stock weather app. Bloomberg News is now some lame Android port, so I don't use it, and I play Real Racing 3 on my iPad.

I'd love for BlackBerry 10 to have native banking and news apps. I loved Bloomberg News on my Z10/30 and Q10, but they didn't update it for the Passport, they instead gave us an Android port. Amazon was a good idea on paper, because they could offer some more apps and then of course say that it has the Amazon app store, which is a name that resonates with people.
    11-30-14 05:45 PM

Yes, that's one way to tell. Also when you download the app, and the back space on the bottom of the screen shows up, then it's a android port.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:40 PM
    Yes, that's one way to tell. Also when you download the app, and the back space on the bottom of the screen shows up, then it's a android port.

Posted via CB10
    Some android apps don't have the "back" button or even the "hide back key" option when swiped from top. Like Skype.

11-30-14 09:57 PM
    Some android apps don't have the "back" button or even the "hide back key" option when swiped from top. Like Skype.

I didn't know that. Dang

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:08 AM