You need to check your facts:
    BlackBerry maker Research in Motion agrees to hand over its encryption keys to India - Economic Times

With BES10, the hardware is not relevant anymore for corporate security. What BlackBerry is selling? Services of encryption from BES10, BBM, and to the security of NOC. This can be done on BB10 device, iOS, or Android. Also its competitors like MobileIron and other MDM services sell similar offerings.
    That's a useful link, thanks. We can see that BlackBerry fought for 4 years to protect public privacy against a government. Well done BlackBerry, who we now understand as heroes in this NSA illegal spying crime spree.

The tables will turn on all governments now as public demand for privacy is going through the roof. All this article does is serve to embarrass the Indian government who weren't content to accept warrant based eavesdropping that had previously been in place. They wanted immoral and tyrannical blanket surveillance.

One day very soon BlackBerry will be commended for trying to make these stands.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:39 PM
    BlackBerry will benefit from its perception of security and privacy. BlackBerry cares about privacy a lot more than most companies do

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-05-13 12:29 AM
    This is the worst thread i've read in a minute.....

Swiped On My Zed10 Via CB10
    07-05-13 12:41 AM
    That's a useful link, thanks. We can see that BlackBerry fought for 4 years to protect public privacy against a government. Well done BlackBerry, who we now understand as heroes in this NSA illegal spying crime spree.

The tables will turn on all governments now as public demand for privacy is going through the roof. All this article does is serve to embarrass the Indian government who weren't content to accept warrant based eavesdropping that had previously been in place. They wanted immoral and tyrannical blanket surveillance.

One day very soon BlackBerry will be commended for trying to make these stands.

Posted via CB10
    Report: RIM Allows Saudi Arabia to Monitor Users
    07-05-13 03:34 AM
    Even harder battle to fight than India. Saudi does not have a government it has a monarchy. What the king says goes and needless to say the King does anything the US tells them to do.

The Saudis don't need this kind of tech yo spy, the tyranny there works very differently. If they make a suggestion of any impropriety against you then your toast already. Those demands weren't for domestic needs but for US handover purposes.

Everywhere BlackBerry went, US pressure followed. Thanks to the Bolivian pres being pulled out of EU airspace on US instructions, the world can now see this is fact and not tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

As for being embarrassed, unlike the Indian government the Saudi kings don't care at all for the court of public opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 03:48 AM
    This weekend, I switched from my buggy Z10 to HTC X+ with Jelly Bean. With K-9 mail app, I can poll email every minute. HTC makes some great hardware. BlackBerry does not have a competitive advantage in smartphone handsets. The internals are the same across handset makers.

Jack Welch, former CEO of GE, said, either you are number 1 or number 2 in your industry or be sold to another competitor. Let's face it, allhough I think both Q5 and Q10 will sell well, I do not see BlackBerry making a profit this year. Both Apple and Samsung are taking the lion share of profits in smartphones. Not even Motorola is profitable and it's owned by Google.

In the developed world, smartphones sales are reaching saturation level. Q5 pricing will not be very competitive in emerging markets with Android devices flooding these markets. Time to sell the hardware division, licence it to Huawei or ZTE (true cost leaders). BlackBerry can be very profitable and smaller company selling services like BES10 and BBM apps. Or outright sale to Lenovo or another firm. It's too small to be all things to all people. Management seems confused thinking it can still beat WP8 phones for number 3 (a losers battle for no profitability).
    And it's time for you to get out of this forum!
    07-05-13 03:54 AM
    Look, people need to start thinking outside of the box.

I would welcome blackBerry licensing the consumer part of BB10 software ie ( The barely encrypted bits ) to 3rd party hardware manufactures, namely ZTE, Huawei and Lenovo.

Alongside this, BlackBerry can produce an In-house flagship Qwerty keypad handset and a flagship fully touchscreen smart device, keeping security tight for enterprise and individuals who want to pay a monthly fee for the extra piece of mind BlackBerry can provide.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-05-13 04:14 AM
    Look, people need to start thinking outside of the box.

I would welcome blackBerry licensing the consumer part of BB10 software ie ( The barely encrypted bits ) to 3rd party hardware manufactures, namely ZTE, Huawei and Lenovo.

Alongside this, BlackBerry can produce an In-house flagship Qwerty keypad handset and a flagship fully touchscreen smart device, keeping security tight for enterprise and individuals who want to pay a monthly fee for the extra piece of mind BlackBerry can provide.
    Yea because licensing to Chinese companies is really a great thing to improve their high security reputation...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-05-13 07:22 AM
    Yea because licensing to Chinese companies is really a great thing to improve their high security reputation...

Read the post correctly please.
    07-05-13 09:43 AM
    Despite that, HTC still badly missed their sales target and their losses were higher than BlackBerry's.
    Losses?

Not in disagreement that HTC has their own challenges but thought they kept breaking even. BlackBerry was in the red last quarter, though pretty close to break-even and likely would have were it not for the Ven. surprise
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-05-13 10:41 AM
    I'm sparking debate. Glad to see you read this far. Join the discussion and offer your solution or alternative strategies.

And it's time for you to get out of this forum!
    keypad likes this.
    07-05-13 08:18 PM
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Since you are a z10 hater why you on Crackberry forum. Thank goodness your not the ceo or blackberry would be dead for sure. All they need is some marketing as to positives and compare the differences and most important best pricing.. Once they have the public back on board then raise the prices a. They made mistake trying to get full price from beginning. Well for all z10 haters I very happy with mine and wouldn't use anything else out there.. i threw away my I phone right after I got comfortable with my z10.. people use phones for apps well I use my phone to make calls manage my calendar and secure my large contact list of customers.. apps are good when they do something for you that's productive or informative. Most apps are just foe those who have nothing to do lol. Well that's my two cents.. can other phones run 4 apps at same time. Real time.
    07-05-13 08:29 PM
    I am not a Z10 hater. I had one. The truth is BB10 is a new OS that is not fully mature. Maybe by 10.2, 10.5 or 10.X, I will revisit when A10 comes out (if it does this year).. Right now, I been given an opportunity to checkout Android phone. For the record, I still have BB 9860, PlayBook, and own ASUS TF101 Tablet with keyboard dock for years. As many have stated, the email experience on BB7 is very different from BB10. Email was the feature people loved most about BlackBerry. In my opinion, HUB is meh. It needs further polish. I won't discuss further, there's another thread on this discussion.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Since you are a z10 hater why you on Crackberry forum. Thank goodness your not the ceo or blackberry would be dead for sure. All they need is some marketing as to positives and compare the differences and most important best pricing.. Once they have the public back on board then raise the prices a. They made mistake trying to get full price from beginning. Well for all z10 haters I very happy with mine and wouldn't use anything else out there.. i threw away my I phone right after I got comfortable with my z10.. people use phones for apps well I use my phone to make calls manage my calendar and secure my large contact list of customers.. apps are good when they do something for you that's productive or informative. Most apps are just foe those who have nothing to do lol. Well that's my two cents.. can other phones run 4 apps at same time. Real time.
    07-05-13 08:42 PM
    I am not a Z10 hater. I had one. The truth is BB10 is a new OS that is not fully mature. Maybe by 10.2, 10.5 or 10.X, I will revisit when A10 comes out (if it does this year).. Right now, I been given an opportunity to checkout Android phone. For the record, I still have BB 9860, PlayBook, and own ASUS TF101 Tablet with keyboard dock for years. As many have stated, the email experience on BB7 is very different from BB10. Email was the feature people loved most about BlackBerry. In my opinion, HUB is meh. It needs further polish. I won't discuss further, there's another thread on this discussion.
    What is meh about it... you give no specifics and you give no suggestions to improvements.

07-05-13 09:13 PM
    Customizable Peak view setting, being able to add folders for important clients, more than just level 1 notification, the ability to rank emails as they arrive based upon one's customized rank setting by client email address, multiple level of followup flags like in MS Outlook (hours, days, weeks, months, or specific calendar date), also bring back Loud and medium profiles, not just Normal and slient
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-05-13 10:18 PM
    Good and all these things can be added with a patch.

07-05-13 11:17 PM
66 123