I think a lot of people discuss if they'll go to android or Windows or whatever but my thing is I think I'll just lose interest in phones all together. Right now phones are my hobby. I carry a z10 but I read crackberry.com about everything there is to know. I keep up with ios7 and kitkat and Windows phone8 and it's all so exciting to me. But if the blackberry is the one that drew me in and the one I've supported for years. I got up at the crack of dawn on a day off to go buy a Playbook. At one point I had a tribe of 10-15 bbm friends that all used blackberry because of me. It's down to 5 now and dropping.

I guess my point is for me and I think a lot of others here is its not just a phone. It really is a way of life. I can't just go buy a galaxy when this phone breaks and start reading android central instead. I just don't care about all that. I don't think many companies have customers like this that are also "fans". I usually buy dell computers but I could care less if they closed down. I'd buy a different kind. I usually buy digiorno pizza but I'd they stopped making them I probably wouldn't notice. But If I can't look forward to the next blackberry, come here and hear about it, constantly customize mine, solve roughly every problem I have with mine, well then I think my "crackberry addiction" is just over. I'm going to find another hobby.

/cathartic rant

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:17 AM
    If it really is/was a way of life, then it should have been disrupted to a substantial degree by BB10, which stripped away much of what we had all come to know as the "BlackBerry Experience." If you were able to adapt to that, it's really not all that much of a leap to move to another platform. Frankly, this kind of reaction is a bit over the top, don't you think? I mean, despite what you say, it really is just a phone. It's not as if you're moving from a car to a pogo stick.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    10-05-13 12:31 AM
    If it really is/was a way of life, then it should have been disrupted to a substantial degree by BB10, which stripped away much of what we had all come to know as the "BlackBerry Experience." If you were able to adapt to that, it's really not all that much of a leap to move to another platform. Frankly, this kind of reaction is a bit over the top, don't you think? I mean, despite what you say, it really is just a phone. It's not as if you're moving from a car to a pogo stick.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    I don't know about that .

I love BB10 - I build for BB10. And it's my only platform of choice.

Although yes - I can switch platforms. I build some apps for other platforms as well and have all flavors. But if I'm not using blackberry, I really don't care what phone I use.

Androids black and white Dos like menu system annoys me. Not to mention the horrible number of apps with ads and spy ware.

Apples closed OS with high developer fees, forcing developers to use their OS, and in app purchase malware makes me unwilling to adopt.

Win8 mobile has such small app diversity, the same OS 'forced' method on users, high cost to develop for them, and lack of good platform support also makes me unhappy. I'm not even going to go on about the one colour square boxes (qbasic drawing commands anyone?)

So no, abandoning blackberry isn't a walk in the park . If I need to, I will, I just will stop caring what OS I'm using.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-05-13 12:42 AM
    Come on guys, I've just switched from WebOS to BB10

Maybe it's my love for non-mainstream platforms, but also my appreciation for good software (I'm a developer myself) that made me switch to BB10. I would not have bought myself an earlier BB, since to me that was the "enemy's phone", the kind of thing you would see popping out of white collar blokes' pockets at lunch, people you don't like for various reasons. Just because they've by now mostly switched to IOS, and because BB10 is a new platform, it has become interesting to me.

Maybe I'm heading for more frustration if no miracle saves BB in the last minute. But I love my Q10 almost as much as I loved my iPhone 4 a few years ago
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    10-05-13 10:27 AM
    If it comes to that, I would think people who really love the keyboard would think about Android where there are very good keyboard options available. Android also makes sense obviously if you want a choice of form factors and manufacturers.

If they just like being an OS contrarian, then WP8 is still a good "I'm a unique kind of guy/gal" choice.

If they've had their fill of managing frames, side loading, and all of that working for your phone stuff, then a simple consistent iPhone that just works may be the choice.
    10-05-13 10:39 AM
    I have to admit OP I kind of feel the same way. I would probably look at Windows phone but I don't feel any excitement for it. Apple leaves me completely cold and Android I just don't trust.

I loved BBOS for the keyboard and great email and BBM. But with BB10 my enjoyment of using my phone has gone to a whole new level. It's like driving a really nice car where instead of being an efficient means of getting from point A to point B you actually enjoy the drive and notice the smoothness of the handling. You enjoy the ride. That's what it's like every single day with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:33 AM
    Here's a counterpoint from a fellow phone enthusiast to hopefully provide a bit of hope.

I bought an HTC One when it was released six months ago, thinking that BB10 was not 'BlackBerry' enough for me. It was the best tech decision I've made in years. Not only is the phone amazing, but it's reignited my broader love of mobile tech. Android Central is excellent, and the team there are great - the site is like the early days of CrackBerry, everyone is super excited and super positive, and there's so much going on. Beyond that, the wider realms of the Mobile Nations world are great - if you're a mobile enthusiast then listen to 'Vector' - it's brilliant. Beyond and outside of Mobile Nations (sorry CB, shameface) check out the 'Cubed' podcast, and the always great gsmarena.

I love BlackBerry, will continue to frequent CrackBerry as much as I ever have, but being entirely honest, I haven't been this excited about mobile tech in years.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-05-13 04:00 PM
    Here's a counterpoint from a fellow phone enthusiast to hopefully provide a bit of hope.

I bought an HTC One when it was released six months ago, thinking that BB10 was not 'BlackBerry' enough for me. It was the best tech decision I've made in years. Not only is the phone amazing, but it's reignited my broader love of mobile tech. Android Central is excellent, and the team there are great - the site is like the early days of CrackBerry, everyone is super excited and super positive, and there's so much going on. Beyond that, the wider realms of the Mobile Nations world are great - if you're a mobile enthusiast then listen to 'Vector' - it's brilliant. Beyond and outside of Mobile Nations (sorry CB, shameface) check out the 'Cubed' podcast, and the always great gsmarena.

I love BlackBerry, will continue to frequent CrackBerry as much as I ever have, but being entirely honest, I haven't been this excited about mobile tech in years.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    The One is an excellent phone.
    10-05-13 04:06 PM
    totally agree I'm in the exact same boat
    10-05-13 04:09 PM