I am not Canadian. What it seems, BB is not doing as bad on other markets.

Yes, I agree it is a world thing. USA, is simply on the fronteir of the propaganda machine, and I would say the biggest victim.

Sorry to bring the News to you, but yeah we are all bad, the difference, some believe in santa claus, while others are not sure what to believe or trust.
    I wasn't suggesting that you are Canadian. What I was suggesting is that if the US is this conspirator and propaganda machine then what is BB's home country's excuse for not buying their phones? Is the Canadian media trying to sabotage one of their own? To me your suggestions just don't make sense. But to each his own.
    kbz1960 and Saiga like this.
    08-14-13 12:31 PM
    alright try to remain on subject and not get personal....the thread is on the short lived list as it is
    08-14-13 12:44 PM
    For some people, there is a huge benefit to take down BlackBerry. There are 145 million shares shorted and there's so much money to be made from taking them down. And if you think that those with so many shorted shares are not influencing the media in any way, you're dreaming.
    08-14-13 12:50 PM
    And if you think that those with so many shorted shares are not influencing the media in any way, you're dreaming.
    they may be, they may not, but the question still remains, what exactly is BlackBerry doing about it? As that continues to be answered with `nothing` then nobody can blame them.

to use a analogy, BlackBerry didn't just give them paraffin and a lighter, they also walked away and took the fire extinguishers with them
    kbz1960, jegs2, madman0141 and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 12:57 PM
    This whole idea is ridiculous . As someone who used blackberrys exclusively for years AND is an American immigrant to Canada let me just throw off a few things off the too if my head stream of consciousness

The continued propaganda that you could physically work ( meaning things other than email) in a pre BB 10 blackberry i.e opening spreadsheets, handling workflow was false, and the concept that this was getting better ( I bailed at the last Bold) just want happening. Yes, you could open a sheet, but realistically reading and manipulating data in it was a falsehood .

I took a hit to upgrade to the touchscreen ( torch was it) which honestly semi-bricked itself on a regular basis past needing a battery pull .

I held off on getting a tablet until the playbook came out , and yes it did flash better than any device before ( or since IMO) however it shipped without calendar and email integration . Which was fine for me because I had a BB, but not for the other people on the house who didn't and wanted to use it. By the time by company gave me an iPad 1 as a gift , I was still waiting for the Playbook to come into its own , us we all know there were promises made there that i either waited too long for or didn't happen which frankly undermined my trust .

The trackball issue was a continual PITA, they should have stopped producing models with the trackball as soon as they had the touchpad available. It was not if the ball would jam it was when , and I don't know how American cell companies handled it with BBRY but here, if you were within warranty they gave you an entire refurb, if you were out if warranty but before the end of your 3 year contract you were just out of luck. You either negotiated for a new phone and new contract , bought a new handset, or took the thing to a private repair shop . Blackberry should have been enabled me not to want to give up, and either replaced it with a trackpad thereby keeping me, my daughter and my wife all in the BBRY product line, as opposed to giving me essentially an out of the ecosystem every time I had to pay to replace it. Did I wasn't to replace it just for it to break again or to buy into another whole 3 year contract for my kid before I was ready to? Maybe , but maybe not, each time this happened outside of warranty it gave me an opportunity to decide if I was ready to leave the company and go with another OS, and between all three if this we faced this conundrum at least six times that I can recall and in one of those cases for my wife, she decided she wanted out of blackberry, she did t want to repair it, but rather moved to Android. Boom customer gone for life .

Speaking of which as far as kids using the thing, my daughter spent more time in her phone than anything else . The keys fell off. Instead of making sure that we had every reason to stay with the OS , when we were outside if warranty , we had to again decide a new contract , a paid repair or abandon the OS, well when it came down to it, I got tired if my kid walking around with a phone that was half working because they keys were off, I got tired of paying for repairs, and I didn't want to take a new very expensive 3 year contract on a phone that frankly was going to put me in the same position a year later , with a company that I wasn't fully sure would be there in three years time to support the OS ( that's looking true) and who was well behind the curve as far as helping me help my kid easily look up information without hurting her eyes . Plus as much as she loved BB messenger as soon as iOS came out with iChat there was that. Boom another customer gone . If BBRY had given me an easy inexpensive way to get those keys and trackballs replaced without traveling to the next town and paying $75 each time , I wouldn't have been thinking about that, I would have stayed with the OS and most likely when BB10 came around there would have been one more upgrade ..

App world was just meh. It was clunky and difficult to use, every time my daughter tried to download something it hit her with multiple updates to the app program itself before she could get to the actual app. The apps weren't there .. While everyone else was using beautiful full screen GPS I was stuck using something that was hard to look at in the car .

After I got my iPad , I personally moved away from BBRY but stayed with it for business for the security. And from about the time of the iPhone 4 through the 4S and 5 we stayed that way, BUT again we had lots of employees who were using iPads for productivity , had BBRY not hemmed and hawed over what they were going to commit as far as the playbook was going to go to that might have been the device we gave away as a Christmas gift a few years back , we may not have had the discussions we ended up having ., we have people on the road and using iPhones and iPads for lots if really good creative purposes, and then along with our VPN we were able to have good enough security using iOS , and it was taking just too long for BB10 to actually physically launch, that and aside from the fact that our employees wanted to use iPhones .. We made the move and stopped supporting Blackberry , we still have some legacy phones, but they wi be replaced with iOS devices . Boom more lost accounts.

You can say what you want about media assassination of Blackberry, but they had their part in this.. As a Canadian I want blackberry to succeed , as someone who believes that competition drives innovation I want them to succeed and as a stock holder I want them to succeed , but I do not blame this failure on the media .. I blame it in a somewhat toxic internal attitude where confrontation was not encouraged , and I blame it in BBRY sticking their heads in the sand in several key innovative points ..

Respectfully,
    Drdata1967

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    BBThemes, Saiga and Rickroller like this.
    08-14-13 01:13 PM
    This whole idea is ridiculous . As someone who used blackberrys exclusively for years AND is an American immigrant to Canada let me just throw off a few things off the too if my head stream of consciousness

The continued propaganda that you could physically work ( meaning things other than email) in a pre BB 10 blackberry i.e opening spreadsheets, handling workflow was false, and the concept that this was getting better ( I bailed at the last Bold) just want happening. Yes, you could open a sheet, but realistically reading and manipulating data in it was a falsehood .

I took a hit to upgrade to the touchscreen ( torch was it) which honestly semi-bricked itself on a regular basis past needing a battery pull .

I held off on getting a tablet until the playbook came out , and yes it did flash better than any device before ( or since IMO) however it shipped without calendar and email integration . Which was fine for me because I had a BB, but not for the other people on the house who didn't and wanted to use it. By the time by company gave me an iPad 1 as a gift , I was still waiting for the Playbook to come into its own , us we all know there were promises made there that i either waited too long for or didn't happen which frankly undermined my trust .

The trackball issue was a continual PITA, they should have stopped producing models with the trackball as soon as they had the touchpad available. It was not if the ball would jam it was when , and I don't know how American cell companies handled it with BBRY but here, if you were within warranty they gave you an entire refurb, if you were out if warranty but before the end of your 3 year contract you were just out of luck. You either negotiated for a new phone and new contract , bought a new handset, or took the thing to a private repair shop . Blackberry should have been enabled me not to want to give up, and either replaced it with a trackpad thereby keeping me, my daughter and my wife all in the BBRY product line, as opposed to giving me essentially an out of the ecosystem every time I had to pay to replace it. Did I wasn't to replace it just for it to break again or to buy into another whole 3 year contract for my kid before I was ready to? Maybe , but maybe not, each time this happened outside of warranty it gave me an opportunity to decide if I was ready to leave the company and go with another OS, and between all three if this we faced this conundrum at least six times that I can recall and in one of those cases for my wife, she decided she wanted out of blackberry, she did t want to repair it, but rather moved to Android. Boom customer gone for life .

Speaking of which as far as kids using the thing, my daughter spent more time in her phone than anything else . The keys fell off. Instead of making sure that we had every reason to stay with the OS , when we were outside if warranty , we had to again decide a new contract , a paid repair or abandon the OS, well when it came down to it, I got tired if my kid walking around with a phone that was half working because they keys were off, I got tired of paying for repairs, and I didn't want to take a new very expensive 3 year contract on a phone that frankly was going to put me in the same position a year later , with a company that I wasn't fully sure would be there in three years time to support the OS ( that's looking true) and who was well behind the curve as far as helping me help my kid easily look up information without hurting her eyes . Plus as much as she loved BB messenger as soon as iOS came out with iChat there was that. Boom another customer gone . If BBRY had given me an easy inexpensive way to get those keys and trackballs replaced without traveling to the next town and paying $75 each time , I wouldn't have been thinking about that, I would have stayed with the OS and most likely when BB10 came around there would have been one more upgrade ..

App world was just meh. It was clunky and difficult to use, every time my daughter tried to download something it hit her with multiple updates to the app program itself before she could get to the actual app. The apps weren't there .. While everyone else was using beautiful full screen GPS I was stuck using something that was hard to look at in the car .

After I got my iPad , I personally moved away from BBRY but stayed with it for business for the security. And from about the time of the iPhone 4 through the 4S and 5 we stayed that way, BUT again we had lots of employees who were using iPads for productivity , had BBRY not hemmed and hawed over what they were going to commit as far as the playbook was going to go to that might have been the device we gave away as a Christmas gift a few years back , we may not have had the discussions we ended up having ., we have people on the road and using iPhones and iPads for lots if really good creative purposes, and then along with our VPN we were able to have good enough security using iOS , and it was taking just too long for BB10 to actually physically launch, that and aside from the fact that our employees wanted to use iPhones .. We made the move and stopped supporting Blackberry , we still have some legacy phones, but they wi be replaced with iOS devices . Boom more lost accounts.

You can say what you want about media assassination of Blackberry, but they had their part in this.. As a Canadian I want blackberry to succeed , as someone who believes that competition drives innovation I want them to succeed and as a stock holder I want them to succeed , but I do not blame this failure on the media .. I blame it in a somewhat toxic internal attitude where confrontation was not encouraged , and I blame it in BBRY sticking their heads in the sand in several key innovative points ..

Respectfully,
    Drdata1967

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Thank you.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-13 01:18 PM
    Yes the US media is evil, nothing new here!
    08-14-13 01:19 PM
    Thread closed for review.

After further review, since some folks can't seem to control the urge to launch attacks and quote them, we'll call it a day. Howarmat issued a fair warning, and it wasn't taken.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    08-14-13 01:40 PM
133 ... 456