I told yall they trying to kill BlackBerry. they going for the heart, where BlackBerry is moat weakest and that's the media. They media which is controlled by the powers that be want to spy on everybody and with BlackBerry they can't do that. They would need permission. They never report anything good cause that would make people double take at the new platform but let apple do 1 thing and media got a positive spin on it even if it's negative.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 04:10 PM
    yep thats right its all a media conspiracy to kill off BB. BB has done nothing wrong in the past 3 years. Apple and Samsung are paying off every media outlet in the US
    08-13-13 04:14 PM
    It's well within the limits of possibility that both viewpoints are valid.
    08-13-13 04:16 PM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who realizes this

Posted by my new Z10 running 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    world saviour and mike869 like this.
    08-13-13 04:18 PM
    I told yall they trying to kill BlackBerry. they going for the heart, where BlackBerry is moat weakest and that's the media. They media which is controlled by the powers that be want to spy on everybody and with BlackBerry they can't do that. They would need permission. They never report anything good cause that would make people double take at the new platform but let apple do 1 thing and media got a positive spin on it even if it's negative.

Posted via CB10
    I hope this was intended as a joke, because it had me laughing the entire time I was reading it.
    08-13-13 04:21 PM
    The media obviously plays a role but they do that with any easy target.
    BerryWizard and ultra07 like this.
    08-13-13 04:26 PM
    I agree! Ok can someone clarify that BlackBerry is not already up for sale? The reason I say this is because if you go to google and just search BlackBerry all the latest news stories say it's already for sale. One of the headlines even said "BlackBerry up for sale, but no one is buying." The way people follow the media they will stay far away from BlackBerry with headline stories like that. It's ridiculous.
    08-13-13 04:32 PM
    The media obviously plays a role but they do that with any easy target.
    Exactly. Did anyone see the CNN report about an hour ago? Shameful. All about how they predicted BB dying 2 years ago. How Obama might have to ditch his BB. Not one mention of anything new having happened this year at all - like BB10, BES 10 or, as an example, the U.S. Dept. of Defense recent backing of BB devices. It might just as well have been a recording from a year ago. All the accompanying footage was of the old BB models. The anchor said he finally moved to iPhone in January. If he had waited a bit and tried a Z or Q10, he might not have! If this is what the man in the street sees from the media, how is public opinion ever going to change? Of course they're never even going to give BB a second look!
    08-13-13 04:35 PM
    lol
    08-13-13 04:36 PM
    BlackBerry's own press release said that one of the options they are exploring is a sale of the company.

Either way you slice it, BlackBerry is up for sale. Or at least their press release suggests that they are. Companies that aren't interested in selling usually don't tell the media that they are forming a committee to explore their strategic alternatives, one of which is a sale of the company.

Blame the media though I guess. Evidently they were responsible for writing BlackBerry's press release.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    08-13-13 04:39 PM
    Exactly. Did anyone see the CNN report about an hour ago? Shameful. All about how they predicted BB dying 2 years ago. How Obama might have to ditch his BB. Not one mention of anything new having happened this year at all - like BB10, BES 10 or, as an example, the U.S. Dept. of Defense recent backing of BB devices. It might just as well have been a recording from a year ago. All the accompanying footage was of the old BB models. The anchor said he finally moved to iPhone in January. If he had waited a bit and tried a Z or Q10, he might not have! If this is what the man in the street sees from the media, how is public opinion ever going to change? Of course they're never even going to give BB a second look!
    Damn. Maybe the US really is the center of the world.
    Simply Bloo and madman0141 like this.
    08-13-13 04:43 PM
    Well who is paying off consumers then to not buy Blackberry phones? I want in on it, because after the trouble I've had with my Z10 no one in my family would ever buy one and they'd like to be paid for it if that's the case.
    Coachbulldog, 21stNow and Etios like this.
    08-13-13 04:46 PM
    BlackBerry's own press release said that one of the options they are exploring is a sale of the company.

Either way you slice it, BlackBerry is up for sale. Or at least their press release suggests that they are. Companies that aren't interested in selling usually don't tell the media that they are forming a committee to explore their strategic alternatives, one of which is a sale of the company.

Blame the media though I guess. Evidently they were responsible for writing BlackBerry's press release.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    The point pee are making here is besides the company being up for sale, the media has always been negative towards BlackBerry. They usually show legacy devices when talking about BlackBerry. You never see anything positive like how great bb10 is at multitasking or how secure BlackBerry devices are and so on.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    DoktorFace and mike869 like this.
    08-13-13 04:52 PM
    Maybe not such the media maybe more of Google and Apple.
    08-13-13 04:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    it seems to me that Blackberry bends over like the others when asked

BlackBerry ready to enable India to track messages
    08-13-13 04:55 PM
    Anything is possible.

I mean why would the media not report on the sweatshop conditions in Apple's assembly plant, no reports on all the spyware and malware on Android, and yet anything negative relating to BlackBerry makes the headlines on CNN and FOX.

That said, BlackBerry has over $3 billion in cash and they should be using this money to buy apps (such as Instagram, Vine and whatever else is trending now) and buy an effective media campaign instead of the boring usual ads that don't tell the story of a new product. Instead, they keep giving them ammunition.
    DoktorFace and mike869 like this.
    08-13-13 04:59 PM
    Unfortunately bad news and sensationalism just add to the propaganda just yesterday an analyst compared a S4 to Q10 and said too little too late three times over emphasizing on the too little, that really showed what the analyst community and media has been up to
    08-13-13 05:00 PM
    Anything is possible.

I mean why would the media not report on the sweatshop conditions in Apple's assembly plant, no reports on all the spyware and malware on Android, and yet anything negative relating to BlackBerry makes the headlines on CNN and FOX.

That said, BlackBerry has over $3 billion in cash and they should be using this money to buy apps (such as Instagram, Vine and whatever else is trending now) and buy an effective media campaign instead of the boring usual ads that don't tell the story of a new product. Instead, they keep giving them ammunition.
    same assembly plants use by Blackberry but for some reasons the workers that touch Apple are mistreated..give me a break
    helio9965 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-13-13 05:03 PM
    The point pee are making here is besides the company being up for sale, the media has always been negative towards BlackBerry. They usually show legacy devices when talking about BlackBerry. You never see anything positive like how great bb10 is at multitasking or how secure BlackBerry devices are and so on.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    Always been negative, or just since the advent of iOS and Android?
    And multitasking, security? Get real. When did multitasking ever sell devices. By now you should realize the general public at large does not buy devices based on security.
    It's thinking like this that keeps Blackberry back.
    08-13-13 05:03 PM
    It's well within the limits of possibility that both viewpoints are valid.
    With a stretch of rational thought... perhaps. But when one viewpoint is sharing a table with William of Ockham, while the other has the likelihood of winning the powerball... it's not really hard to guage which is probably true.
    08-13-13 05:08 PM
    Alright everybody get your tin hats ready.
    It's a media conspiracy taking BB down!-tinhat.jpg
    08-13-13 05:11 PM
    Anything is possible.
    Especially if you have no intent on doing research before spreading FUD.
    Your search button is broken. Let's be extreme. Google "Apple and slave labor" and tell us what you find.
    CNN, Fox, NY Times, CNBC all did negative news pieces on Apple and China. What about Antennaegate, Purplegate, etc.?

No reports on spyware and malware on Android? Then how do you know about it? Please don't say from Crackberry.com
    Savior4Life, 21stNow and Teribol like this.
    08-13-13 05:12 PM
    it seems to me that Blackberry bends over like the others when asked

BlackBerry ready to enable India to track messages
    0_o what. The. Eff!? Can't believe that all media's aren't going after them with this one. but you also to understand that the only thing they will give them is the name of the person who sent the message and not the content...I don't see what they can do with that.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 05:12 PM
    I said to my niece "do you want another blackberry for your birthday?"

She told me no as they were 'old fashioned' - then a reporter slipped twenty bucks in her pocket.

True story.
    08-13-13 05:16 PM
    Seriously? You're going to sit there and state with confidence that Apple and Android doesn't get their fair share of news on those points?

It couldn't possibly be that since it's not anti-BB news that you simply just don't take it to heart, and thus don't notice.
    08-13-13 05:17 PM
133 123 ...